PDA

View Full Version : Forsaken Planes

darkelementwars
01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Fresh D&D 3.5 campaign looking to get started around the UCF area. Have DM and 2 players, looking for a few more players to make a full party. Will be held Weekly on Tuesday nights. Players are experienced but casual (the campaign is not hardcore, and we do use house rules for certain things). Players at any level of experience are invited to join, and we are willing to teach those who are unfamiliar with the 3.5 rules.

What: D&D 3.5 Campaign
Who: Looking for Players, any level of experience
Where: Orlando, Florida, in the area of the University of Central Florida
When: Weekly, Tuesday Nights

UPDATE:
These sessions will be held on Tuesday nights now, as opposed to the Mon/Wed nights we had originally planned on. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Cyrix
01-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Me and my girlfriend might be interested. I don't know about Mondays be we are for sure available on Wednesday. I work until 6pm though.

Penguoctopus
01-20-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm a student at the U and I'd be pretty interested. Where exactly is this going to be held at? I haven't played 3.5 in so long, would love to get in on this.

darkelementwars
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Cyrix: You and your girlfriend are more than invited. We plan to play during the evenings, so after 6 is fine. I don't know how late you are able to stay, sometimes when we play it can go past midnight, but thats all dependant on everyone's schedule for the next day. Get back to me about the Mondays, though.

Peng: It's at a house my friends are currently renting, only a few blocks from UCF. I'll PM you with the details.

srinlife
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
My GF and I are interested in starting up, but we can't stay out too late, since we both have to usually wake up very early for PT. (0515ish).

darkelementwars
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Change in plans based on scheduling conflicts with some of the players,

NEW DAY:

This will now be held on Tuesday nights, Weekly, as opposed to the originally planned Mon/Wed schedule. Sorry for the sudden change. If you still have interest, post again or send me a PM.

sbf2009
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
DM, here. I'm on Sophie blvd a couple miles south of UCF. I go to UCF and work there 5 days a week, look for me in the MAP building if you're on campus and have questions. Games will be Tuesday nights until the other player changes his mind again. I will let you know about the setting on game night, and will be creating a few custom prestige for late game content upon request. Contact me or DarkElementWars about joining, there are no requirements for joining besides being able to read and at least putting effort into role play.

darkelementwars
01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Still a couple of spots open. Our first session will probably be on Tues, Feb 1, so we're hoping to have 5-6 players by then, and currently we're looking at 4. so if you're interested please post here or send me a PM.

Danigaaz
01-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd be interested in joining. I'm free all day Tuesday, so whatever time you decide works.

darkelementwars
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Consider yourself in.

That leaves us with about 1 spot open. Anyone want it?

sbf2009
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I'll be messaging everyone who confirms on here the time and place.

Penguoctopus
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Still hella interested. Let me know what goes on with this. Sorry I haven't been frequent.

sbf2009
01-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I just sent out the rules and time and place for the first session. Reply if you didn't get the message and wish to play. We do need people to bring some extra pieces and their own dice if possible, we don't have enough to go around.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Not mentioned in the mail, 28 point-buy for attributes.

sbf2009
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
General rules for people who have not yet decided:

We will be meeting Tuesday the 1st between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM (when the campaign starts). Provide your own food/drink, though if you want to share you're free to.

There are a few ground rules to the campaign as far as character creation is concerned. Acceptable starting races are Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, and any variation or mix of the above (including Drow). This also means strictly no beast races or those with origins in another plain. All published 3.5E books are more or less allowed with minor variation when necessary, however, there will be absolutely no manipulating of or traveling through planes at will for setting purposes. Also, the next part may seem strange at first but, for setting purposes, I must put this in or your characters won't make sense. The following skills may not have any ranks in them at first level: Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty), Knowledge (The Planes). Also, after the first level, you may not expand into an unrelated class without justifying exposure or the ability to emulate. That is to say, if the team consists entirely of fighters, and one wishes to take ranks in a divine casting class, you have to justify having some experience being around or fighting against a divine caster. So, in order to take ranks in a Martial/Arcane/Divine/Roguish/Psionic class after first level, you either must have an acquaintance, relative, party member, or previous foe that had such abilities.

As far as the Setting, information is restricted until your characters explore more of the world. It starts in a small, communal city-state of Albine. Albine is temperate, about 50 miles long north to south, and 15 miles wide east to west. There are rivers and forests to the south, farmlands to the north, icy mountaintops father north, and the area completely surrounded by impassible mountains with no breaks or valleys. The population is roughly 200, with all the normal folk you’d expect doing the normal jobs you’d expect. The races intermingle readily and have no strong cultural differences. You will be introduced to the important townsfolk before the first session.

Penguoctopus
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Alright, so Tuesday the first is my father's birthday and he's apparently coming up so me and my family can all go to dinner. Sorry about this. I'm going to have to dip. I'd hate to **** up the flow of things and come in after the first campaign night. I'm sure you guys will be able to find another player (perhaps I wasn't even needed?) so I appreciate the "invite" and all, happy RPing!

sbf2009
01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Actually, it'd fit quite well if you entered after the first session (assuming it get's as far as I think it'll get). Don't drop out if it's just for the first session.

Sinjin
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
I'd like to get in on the intro and 1st game if there's still room. Thanks.

sbf2009
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
First session went well with a four member party, we don't have a need for any more players just yet, sorry everyone. I'll re-up this if we lose someone.

sbf2009
02-07-2011, 10:59 PM
We need more members still, anyone still interested please pm me.