PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in an Online Serenity game?

tinkerghost
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I set up for an online game of Serenity using Gametable & Teamspeak, but it fell through. Is there any interest here? I have the server up & running, but need a GM & Players.

cplmac
01-12-2011, 12:33 PM
tinkerghost, if you haven't already done so, you should list this in the Campaign Invitations section also. This way it will get seen by more people.

Lazarus
01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm very interested. I'd prefer the chance to be a player, but if no one else is willing, I'll GM.

SDJThorin
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
I'd be in for some Browncoat action!

Just depends on the day and time (my TZ is EST)

I'd also need the links to get the software you mentioned -- and is there a cost to it?

tinkerghost
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Hit up http://www.tinkerghost.us/wiki/doku.php?id=serenity:uploads it has the information. There are some other elements posted to the WIKI that are from games that never happened.

I have 2 players willing to play not on this board. We don't have a time or day set yet.

@ Laz - I haven't gotten any response by anyone else willing to GM.

SDJThorin
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
I was hoping to play.

Depending on the play style wanted I could GM, I've got all the books and am a big fan, but I haven't done this type of on-line before -- I've done chat and forum based stuff, but never voice and whiteboard.

Lazarus
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
If I'm the one that GMs, I firmly believe in easy is good. I've run games online before, but only in chat. I'm not interesting in skype or any other software type of added workload.

tinkerghost
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I like using Teamspeak/Ventrilo or whatever because it's more natural to just talk than to type things out - I have found that it makes the game move much faster. As for gametable, I like having the whiteboard there so nobody gets confused as to where people are/what they're doing. The other nice thing about game table is that it has an integrated dice rolling system - you can either tell it to roll dice sets, or set up macro's to roll them at the click of a button. The latter isn't so helpful in Serenity since there are almost always step mods to the actual roll.

Lazarus
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't mind being in a game that uses all that high speed stuff as a player, in fact, I'm rather curious to see how they work, but since I have no experience with any of those programs, I'm not about to try experimenting with them for the first time as GM.

tinkerghost
01-20-2011, 05:34 AM
That's certainly fair. I'll get you the teamspeak UN/PW in a PM so you can take a look at how it works.

Lazarus
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Sounds like we can deal.

SDJThorin
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Could you send me that info too... I'd like to see how it works as well... from a player and GM POV if possible

tinkerghost
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
you both should have the UN/PW for both gametable & teamspeak in PM

Dark
01-21-2011, 05:12 PM
If it was a plab by post I would have loved to had gave it a go I use Skype when my players can't make it to my home due to weather and I don't like Gametable at all. I wish your game all the best fun game and a great show.

tinkerghost
01-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Can you tell me what you don't like about Gametable? I'm a bug hunter on the dev team, so I'm interested in knowing what you don't like.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Moved to Campaign Invitations forum. Good luck!

Rastfar
02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey, I don't know if I'm too late, but I'd love to play a Serenity game. I've only ever played online pbp but could certainly adapt to a faster forum. I don't own any of the material but could easily acquire it, I think. So, I don;t know the sytem, but, well have played enough other systems that I should be a quick study. Are you still looking for players?

tinkerghost
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Not too late - we're still trying to put together a GM & then I have 3 players.

arch2ngel
02-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I'd also be interested, if there's still room... (I only have the original book, but I've been looking for an excuse to pick up the rest of 'em...)

tinkerghost
02-05-2011, 04:52 PM
As a note, I'm not married to the usage of gametable or teamspeak - it just happens that I have a server already running teamspeak & I'm familiar with gametable.

ElFlamingo
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
There are so many reasons why I'd love to do this, most of them boil down to space cowboy. I'm up for it.

IrishPikey
08-02-2012, 06:49 AM
I'd join no doubt. Been looking for a game of serenity for a long while.

KevinLevin
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I am also interested to play the game and would like to be a player.