PDA

View Full Version : New packaging for 3e: Opinions?

fmitchell
01-04-2011, 01:25 AM
As most WFRP fans should be aware, Fantasy Flight now sells 3e as separate books and boxes of bits, a pair each for Players, GMs, and Monsters. (Six in all.)

Does anyone know what's in each box? How many previous box sets do the new books and boxes subsume?

Is the text on cards replicated in the books? EDIT: Apparently so. Helps to read the product description.

Will the market go for one book and one box of bits per person (plus the Monster set for the GM) more readily than the Big Box of Warhammer from a year ago?

Thanks in advance.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Answers:

1) First I've heard of this marketing strategy. Thanks for the 411, fmitchell.
2) You beat me to the answer.
3) I'm going to say no. Of course I will be the first to admit that it was, and still is, my belief that they (the powers that be) should have continued support for 2nd Edition. If, but most likely when, I pick up a copy of the 3rd Edition rules/box set. I will go with the original release of said Edition.

BIGKILLA
01-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I have everything for warhammer 3e except the new player/gm/monster book and vaults. I thought they were new product, not just re released books from the big box set.

But yeah, I just went to the website and read the descriptions. (http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=93&esem=2&esum=171)

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Player's Guide

The Playerís Guide is a hard-cover book containing all the essential information a player needs to make and play a character.

The Playerís Guide compiles all the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set player information into one hard-cover package, including the rules, card summaries, and updated examples of play. By summarizing all the information from the career sheets, action cards, and ability cards, the Playerís Guide lets groups choose to incorporate however many components they like (including none, if thatís your preference).

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Game Master's Guide

The Game Masterís Guide gathers all the Game Master information from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set, as well as the rules for Corruption, Mutation, and Disease from Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith, and presents them in an easy-to-reference hardcover book. Featuring clarified and expanded rules, this Guide contains nearly all the information from the Tome of Mysteries, Tome of Adventure, and Tome of Blessings from the Core Set. While it also includes the rules and mechanics for corruption, mutation, and disease, players can still find all the background information on magic and faith in the Old World in the Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith expansions, respectively.

MortonStromgal
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I haven't picked them up yet but I plan on buying the books. I was one of the loudest saying they needed these books for rule clarification and allowing you to not have to find the card to read the powers.