PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign

plquattro
01-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi everyone.
I am looking to start a new campaign. I would like to run a fantasy game, but I'm still open to the genre (futuristic would work too). Basically, if I'm available, and I have over 50% of the players online, then we can play a game. I would like to play at least twice a month.

I want to use a d20 system, possibly BESM d20 (for it's classless aspect), Pathfinder (fantasy) or Star Wars Saga (futuristic). But I'm open to suggestions. The "world" will be custom, with players helping me flesh it out. I don't know Pathfinder (or Star Wars) well enough to make a genre specific game. I'm pretty easy going with the rules (I try to have fun first).

If you have any questions, or are interested, please let me know. You can post here, or e-mail me directly.

Paul
paul [at] dvq [dot] ca

Gmoz
01-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Are you familiar with the Mutants and Masterminds system? I have been dieing to play some supers since I got my copy of 3e.

MisterBook
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Got excited when I saw BESM mentioned, but blah it is d20. Good luck on the game none the less.

Basxs
01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I would like to play your Pathfinder game if you decide to go that route

plquattro
01-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Are you familiar with the Mutants and Masterminds system? I have been dieing to play some supers since I got my copy of 3e.

I have played that, and I did try to do a supers game, but it didn't work out with my running it. My friend is starting one, but he's full up on players.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

@Gmoz
For me, M&M is alot like the Silver Age Sentinels d20 system (another system from Guardians of Order).

@MisterBook
I like BESM d20 (and any Guardians of Order d20 product) because I have rules to go classless.

@Basxs
I'll keep you posted. I'm still new to the Pathfinder system. I have only played it once with a pregened character. And while I won't be using the Pathfinder world, the system (dubbed 3.75 by some) is slightly different from 3.0 and 3.5 (and also different from my homebrew).

I have run a freeform D&D style homebrew game using Classless BESM d20, and it worked (more or less :) ).
I don't know if I want to run a classless again, so that is why I'm thinking about the Pathfinder system (which I enjoyed playing).
If I have time, I might make some general base classes and still go with the Classless BESM d20.

MisterBook
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Good luck with the campaign!

Gmoz
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
You ever decide what system you were going to run?

plquattro
01-12-2011, 06:02 AM
I was gonna wait until I had enough players to let them help me decide.
So far I don't have enough interest.
But I'm still hopeful :)

Ravenborn
01-17-2011, 02:52 AM
If you're still recruiting, I would most certainly be up for a Pathfinder game, though I have absolutely no experience with Gametable and have only personally played PF once in a very short pbp game. Would that be a problem?

plquattro
01-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Yes, I am still looking for players.
I'm not able to start until, maybe late February at the earliest.
I'm still in the "generate interest" phase :)

Gametable is easy to install, setup and use.
Also, I have only played one short game of Pathfinder, with a pre-genned character :)

lucisnow
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey, I am interested in joining a Pathfinder game, if you are interested in running one. Only really available Wednesday and Thursday nights. But otherwise, it looks like 3 people interested in pathfinder, I say lets do this

plquattro
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
OK, we can get some of the preliminary stuff sorted out.

E-mail me questions, comments, schedule availability, Skype info.

Maybe we can discuss more live on Skype today if available.

Paul [at] dvq [dot] ca

P.S.
Let me know if you are interested, and I can see if I still have space

plquattro
02-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Core Classes
Bard
Fighter
Ranger
Rogue
Monk (None, but if you want to play, we can work out something)
Barbarians: Ash Warrior, Berserkers
Sorcerer: Abominations
Wizard: Circle of Magi or Apostate
Cleric: Circle of Magi or Apostate
Paladin: Templar of the Chantry of Andraste (main religion)
Druid: Shapeshifter Apostate

Base Classes
Alchemist
Cavalier: Chevalier (Knight) from Orlais
Oracle: Apostate
Summoner: Abominations
Witch: Apostate
Inquisitor: Peacekeepers of the Imperial Chantry from the Tevinter Imperium

Circle of Magi is the only "legal" group of mages in Ferelden (and Orlais)
Chantry of Andraste (or Chantry) is the main religion
Apostates are hedge mages or renegade Circle mages
Templars are the enforcement branch of Chantry that hunt down Apostates
Abominations are mages that have spirits/demons/other inside of them and if known, will be killed. Possible to be part of Circle of Magi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Races
Humans - Ferelden (main), Orlais, Antiva, Tevinter Imperium (rare), Avvar (hill-dwelling), Chasind Wilders (swampy/forest-dwelling)
Dwarves - Noble, Miner & Smith castes, as well as Castless
Surface Dwarf - Castless Dwarves who have lived on the surface for many generations (using Gnome race)
Alienage/City Elves - Sometimes slaves, servants, but almost always second class citizens (using Half Elf race)
Daelish Elves - Nomadic Elves who travel the more remote lands
Qunari - Large humanoids, physically more robust than humans, most have horns (rare) (using Half-Orc race)
Halflings - None, but if you want to play, we can work out something
Golems - Living iron or stone creature (rare) (using Warforged race)
Lycans - creatures that can turn into a bipedal animal form, can be human or elf (rare)(using Shifter races)

plquattro
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
The classes and races (except Warforged and Shifters) are found here:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home
OR
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

While not required, if you want some info on the setting, check out:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki
I don't know when I will put my campaign, but I will be placing it at least a few hundred years after the 5th Blight (the one that happens in the video game Dragon Age).

Just message me, or e-mail me if you have any questions or comments.

Paul [at] dvq [dot] ca

nelkon
02-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Did you fill up the slots yet. I have never used gametable but i like new things. I have wanted to try pathfinder for a long time. I am available thursday friday or saturday.

plquattro
02-20-2011, 08:46 AM
I have some spots still open, so contact me on Skype (plquattro) or by e-mail (check my previous post).

plquattro
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a campaign page started. It has info/links on races, classes, orginizations, etc...
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/pda

plquattro
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/pda
For those of you already in the game, or if you would like to watch, or join the waiting list.

tinkerghost
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
If you find a problem in the current version of gametable - pass me a note because I am one of the bug hunters on the team (though I haven't done much this year)

RannXerox
03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you get all of your players yet? If not, what days and times are you doing it on?