PDA

View Full Version : 4th Edition Forgotten Realms

Libertykid
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm starting a new 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons campaign and looking for some new players in Miami, Florida.

It is set in the Forgotten Realms, but chronologically it is set just after the events of the Spellplague (meaning you play with 4th edition rules, but in the 3rd edition timeline). Because of the wealth of 3rd edition material out, though, I allow most 3rd edition feats and will integrate other mechanics/convert prestige classes based upon player interest.

If you are interested in joining a steady game and can commit to approximately two games per month, contact me for more information.

Players should be 21+, have prior roleplaying experience (not necessarily 4E), and be comfortable playing (and role-playing) characters at level 15 and above.

Libertykid
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
An answer to several questions some of you have had: the story arc in this portion of the campaign (paragon tier) will feature the PC's taking part in the Cormanthor War in the Dalelands, unraveling the secret of Mystra's death (and perhaps, aiding in her resurrection), negotiating with an emissary of Netheril, and discovering the role an ancient archdevil will play in the epic portion of the campaign (the same archdevil they inadvertently released while escaping from the 4th edition module, Pyramid of Shadows). As such, it is a game suited for neutral--->good aligned PC's. You don't have to know anything about the Forgotten Realms to play, but it certainly wouldn't hurt!

For those of you new to 4E, we have a vast variety of the game books on hand and available for your use to "try before you buy" or commit to a 4E game.

The average age of the group thus far is late twenties/early thirties.

The 3rd edition Heroes of Battle/army combat has been incorporated into my game. For those of you who love tactical combat as much as roleplaying, you will have it all. The photo below is from the final chapter of the last portion of the campaign, where the PC's recaptured their hometown in the Dalelands from the occupying Zhentarim army. To do so, they flushed out a spy in their group, pretended to "surrender" some of their PC's in order gain access to a secret tunnel within a maximum security jail, poisoned the food supply of several Zhentarim skymages' wyverns, recruited an old warlock who has a flair for building small siege engines, unleashed an imprisoned swarm devil in the midst of the Zhentarim barracks, disrupted the supply lines for reinforcements, etc.

Our game is a blast, and it is definitely for the creative. Come check it out while we are still filling the seats of players that have left Miami.