PDA

View Full Version : Player Locator Wildly Inaccurate

jpatterson
01-01-2011, 05:03 AM
I've got my profile set up (I'm about 45 mins from Tulsa, Oklahoma) and am willing to travel about 20 miles. I did a search for people with similar interests willing to travel 40 miles, and besides the Oklahoma players, I'm ALSO getting people from Georgia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, etc. It appears the "miles" criteria is completely ignored.

cplmac
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
JP,

I am not totally sure about this, but I am thinking that you are getting hits from outside that 40 mile distance due to having selected "Yes" for online games. If that is the case, I wonder what would be involved to perhaps separate the online hits from regular travel distance hits? If he gets a chance, maybe Farcaster can look into sparating the search results that way.

mrken
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Make sure you also put in your Zip code, without it you get wildly inaccurate results.

jpatterson
01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
No I did put my zip, I'm just surprised that just because you select "online gaming", it gives itself permission to ignore your criteria for miles when doing a player location - why does it have to be either or, you know? What if I want to play online AND look for a group near me?

mrken
01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Not sure how to answer you here. You could just redo you profile and select no online games and see how that affects your search. I don't play online games, but I see plenty of them listed in the area for online games here. I know in the past I have found others playing games while I visited in the Chat room here. Might be time to call the boss.

tesral
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Yo, Boss, can we get online and local games as separate categories when searching for games?