PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader: Into the Maw

Death Rattle
12-29-2010, 09:19 PM

Introduction to Rogue Trader

In Rogue Trader, you take on the role of a Rogue Trader and his most trusted counsellors, empowered by an ancient warrant of trade to seek out profit and plunder amongst unexplored regions of space. Your ship will take you to new worlds and uncharted reaches of the void, where you will encounter rivals, pirates, aliens, and possibly even creatures of the warp. You will acquire and spend great wealth and riches, and fame or infamy will follow. You will discover ancient and forgotten mysteries and search out the unknown to find lost human worlds or never before seen celestial phenomena. You must survive the dangers of space, for beyond the threat of vacuum and deadly radiation lurk things Man was never meant to find.

To be part of a Rogue Traderís crew is to stand on the threshold of nearly unlimited opportunity. Vast profits await for you and your fellow Explorers to find and claim. Fame and fortune reward the bold, but the unwary find only an anonymous death.

Game Introduction

The Illustrious Captain Holt Godfrey has docked on the Hive world of Nuevos IV. Seeking to refuel and resupply he puts out his feelers to the residents. He broadcasts a message over the recruitment Com. "Times are a changin' no longer can we sit and be content in our lil bubbles, we need to find the strength to combat the future head on! Join me and you'll see things that will turn your blood cold and your very soul will tremble. But you'll also get your two meals a day as well as pay and a place to sleep. The work's tough but if you got the will to manage on Solace then find out network station, fill out your information and show up at Dock #0134A on the appointed day and we'll be on our way! Fare thee well friends."

The appointed day arrives and thousands of new recruits shuffle into the massive cargo hold. Men and women carrying large bags in their arms or slung over their shoulders as they shuffle in. Crew members direct the flow, organizing who goes where and does what. Training starts immediately as the fresh blood hops to work. Captian Godfrey Stands on a catwalk overlooking the new recruits, his keen eye for skill picking out perspective men and women to move up the ranks.

Current Players

sabanknight (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/1451-sabanknight)
Cypherinthesystem (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/5767-Cypherinthesystem)
Syraphym (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/11101-Syraphym)
Burdman (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/15043-Burdman)

Death Rattle
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Doing one last push to get recruitment up, if no one responds i'm just going to drop it.

MisterBook
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Cheers mate, sorry never heard of Rogue Trader, but I hope you get people. The blurb you posted looked brilliant.

Cypherinthesystem
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Im a Heresy and DW plaer, but Rogue trader I wouldnt be against. Any players yet?

Death Rattle
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
There was one person that showed a bit of interest but I really think i'm just spinning my wheels here. Its so hard to find interest for a game that's not one of the more popular ones like DnD and Pathfinder.

Syraphym
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
If you can find a few more I'd be interested.

Death Rattle
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Maybe rogue trader was too much of a shot i dark. I have noticed that there is interest however and realize that there's interest out there for a warhammer 40k game.

I don't really like the feel of Dark Heresey, zealous worship is an interesting quirk but I don't like how it's the overarching theme of the game.

Death Watch however is really cool to me and I would be more than willing to run a game so I'll start a new thread once I settle on a backstory but if you're interested feel free to post here or pm me.

Burdman
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I love rogue trader and would definitely be interested in joining in.

Syraphym
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Well, it looks like you have 3 of us for Rogue Trader. I'm not quite AS familiar with Deathwatch. How many people were you looking to get?

Burdman
01-19-2011, 06:06 AM
I realized I didn't respond in the way you wanted. Durr~

-Character-
Personality: Adventurous, Gruff? (I usually don't decided till I'm done making the character)
Archetype: Solider, Pilot or Scout? (Arch Militant, Seneschal or Void Master)
Homeworld: Death world most likely. (Did you want the whole origin path?)

~-Player-~
Burdman
Zakenkun@aol.com (Your more likely to catch me on AIM)
Zakenkun
Available Mon-Fri (Airsofting this weekend) Anytime 5pm~2am Is kool.

Just let me know whats up and I can have a character done shortly. PM me or message me on AIM.

Death Rattle
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Well if you guys are really up for rogue trader send me a PM with your email.

I have Burdman's, if Seraphym and Cyberinthesystem would PM me with their emails that would make 3.

sabanknight
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Sent you a PM regarding interest

Death Rattle
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
It seems that a few of you haven't signed on in a few days, check your pm's if you would, I sent all people listed on the current players list an email and an invite to a group here on PnPG that has a copy of the starting guidelines and a thread for discussing the career you would like to take.

AgentZero
01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I sent you an email about joining the game.

Spidey0804
03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
is it to late to get on board?

sabanknight
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
GM was unresponsive to any form of communication, then was shocked when characters were not completed to his satisfaction. Followed by him throwing a tantrum and closing the game.

Syraphym
03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey, at least he spoke to you. Never even responded to me.

sabanknight
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
syrph as my witness :D

Spidey0804
03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
if you all are interested http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/18205-Rogue-Trader-Looking-for-people-wanting-to-play-over-Skype im trying to get one going.