PDA

View Full Version : Always win your bets!

RomeF
12-15-2010, 02:44 PM
You get two full glasses of beer and one shot. Tell your guy that you bet you can drink both glasses of beer before he drinks his one shot. Now...to make it fair, you will drink one beer and when you are done, he is allowed to drink his shot. The rules are that neither one of you is allowed to touch the other ones glass. So...when you finish your beer, upend the glass and cover the shot glass. Drink the second beer at your leisure. He can't do anything about it, because he isn't allowed to touch your glass. My mother told me this when I was about 14 or so, telling me that she used it on her father and I always wanted to use it in a game-like setting to either stump the DM or stump a player.

I am always on the look out on how to stump people out of there money in real life or in-game or to simply earn a 'favor' of sorts. So why not start a thread! And here I am. :)

Any takers?

tesral
12-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Ye old sucker bet. Heinlien had a few things to day about those. I've used them myself.

RomeF
12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Do you have any examples?

tesral
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
The dollar drop. I know how to defeat that. I'm not a betting man myself. Several physical tricks that look impossible but are truly easy if you know how.

nijineko
12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
in a fantasy setting, there are any number of ways to move a glass without touching it.

or you could just take a shoelace and pull the glass off or tip it over without 'touching' it.

based on the wording you used, someone else could move it, you could pay them less than you will make on the bet. ^^