PDA

View Full Version : Fall of the Sharayan Empire

gancis
12-13-2010, 01:07 AM
About me: 38, have been playing and running various games for over 20 years. Not only table top but LARPs as well. Great attention to detail and combat. Pretty damn creative.

I am looking for 3 to 5 player for a home brew campaign. I would prefer players to be mature, ahem, over 21+.

About the game: I will be using the Pathfinder system. I run the game more as a story teller than a DM. The world is my own. I do not in general force players into "modules" rather prefer them getting into trouble on their own. I set the stage, do a phenomenal job playing multiple NPC for all to interact with. The game is about playing roles/personalities of your characters. Which means that what you create should at least have a personality. I keep very tight reins on Magic Use. Starting alignment is irrelevant, I can make anything jive. PCs should not be afraid of having characters killed. It happens, deal with it. Its a game.

The game will consist of only about 1/3 combat. The rest will be investigations, and PC and NPC interactions and complex plotlines. If you are interested and want to pre-make a character or are just curious about the setting go to http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/rise-and-fall-of-the-sharian-empire and check out the home, wiki, items and comments tabs. I've spent a few hours writing up and detailing the land.

We now have 3 players and would like 3 more. The game will run once (1) per month on a weekend. We are generating characters and backgrounds at this time. I am not sure about location but I think we can find some place in the Manhattan or in north NJ where no one will mind and in the most convenient location for all.

Thanks,
Eric