PDA

View Full Version : Northridge Pathfinder Game

lord julius
12-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello, I am attempting to start up a pathfinder game on alternate Fridays in Northridge starting January 7th. I am thinking about 7:00 PM to Midnightish. We have lots of room, decent parking, cats and nonsmoking. I am 44 and began playing back in 1980. The last campaign I ran lasted over a year, so this could be a long game. Reply here or e-mail lordjulius42 @ yahoo.com.

Ron

Burpcycle
12-16-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm interested in a game. My old gaming group broke up suddenly, so I'm looking for a new one. I've never played Pathfinder before, but I've otherwise got a lot of experience as a player. I'm 22, been playing on-and-off since 2002.

lord julius
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Hello there,
Here is some more information on the game, Counting you I have 4 players interested in the game. Most of us are in our 30s and 40s, so hopefully you are ok with old folks. I would like to run with 3, 4 or 5 players.

It will be a homebrew world. I will work to incorporate players ideas for a back story. The world as you know it is fairly mundane (low magic) you have heard stories of dragons and giants and such but if anyone you know claims to have seen one you probably don;t believe them. You can be a caster but you wouldn't expect to meet many others.

Anything in the Core Rulebook or Advanced Player Guide. If there are any feats from any 3.5 splat books that you are really interested in let me know and I will see if they can be incorporated

Make a 2nd level character with a 25 point buy. Maximum hit points.500 Gold for equipment. No magic other than scrolls or potions. (If you have the feat to create them yourself they are half price.)
At 4th level this character will get the leadership feat for free.

For a back story come up with some sort of sponsor. A lord, priest, guild leader, chieftain, uncle etc... Someone you respect who will be sending you on a quest. Someone you have some amount of respect for to follow his orders at least for the time being. You don;t need to be lawful for this.

You can also create a few first level characters with 15 point buys and max hit points if you like. Max normal starting gold. These are characters that may pop up at some time. Maybe you want to hire someone or something. Maybe a future consort. These aren't required but they may come in handy at some point. One house rule is cohorts don't have to travel with you to gain xp. They will level regardless of whether they travel with you or not.

We will use a yahoo group for discussions and game journals. Additional xp will be awarded for write ups between game sessions. Usually about 10% of the previous session.

This is the SRD for Pathfinder
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
If you want to use anything from the 3rd Party or Extras section just run it by me first. Some of it is kind of weird or incomplete

Ron

Burpcycle
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm definitely interested. I'll make up a character, though I'm not sure yet what it will be. I can say that it definitely won't be a wizard or rogue, as those were my last two classes.

lord julius
12-22-2010, 01:29 AM
Sounds good. If you decide to go cleric go ahead and come up with your own deity. Pick two domains that make sense together and any favored weapon that you like. Remember if you are interested in any non pathfinder prestige class let me know so I can figure out if it can work in pathfinder. There are also a few interesting new classes in the Advanced Player Guide that are covered in the srd http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

lord julius
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Update,
We are up to 4 players. Two with characters made. Two still working on them. So we are on track to start this Friday. The table seats 6 so there could be room for one more.

Ron