PDA

View Full Version : Regular D&D 4e Group Looking for One More Player

RandomDragon
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Greetings fellow gamers,

I organize, host and (sometimes) DM a D&D 4e group that meets bi-monthly on Saturday nights. This group has been playing regularly since September of 2008. We rotate DMs and campaigns to keep things fresh and avoid DM burn out.

Our merry band is normally six strong, but sadly one of our number had to quit this month. We will be firing up a new campaign on January 8th so the time is right to bring somebody into the fold.

More about us:

We are five guys in our late 20's to mid 30's
We are mature, easy going, and have good senses of humor. We like to joke around and have fun, after all, it's a game!
We enjoy combat encounters and like to employ teamwork and tactics to beat those baddies.
We also like to roleplay,talk in character, and develop our characters in game.
We all shower regularly and boast above average gamer hygiene.
We play games full of story, plot, action, nemeses and heroics.
We enjoy Doritos, Oreos, Goldfish/Cheez-Its, and a variety of candy and other standard gamer fare.
We use miniatures, condition magnets, and a big ol' wipe board to track player stats and initiative.
3/5ths of us are sports enthusiasts
We are not rules lawyers.

What we are looking for in a player:

Same general age range
Good sense of humor and easy going nature
Able to reliably play every other Saturday night
Interest in story driven campaigns, well thought out characters, tactical combat and roleplaying
General awesomeness
Interest in making new friends
Not allergic to dogs or frightened of small children

Reply or PM me if interested.

Game on gamers!

XXXJ666
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I am currently looking to meet some new people and make some new friends to play with. You all sound like a great fit. Which Saturdays are you currently playing? (I.e. just a sample of this month or last month). I have my daughter every other weekend which may be the only restriction, but if they fall on the same weekends, I am definitely your guy. I will PM later tonight with more info.

Metzer
12-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Your group sounds great!

I'm a 28-year-old guy looking for a game with an involving story and characters, played by non-creepy people. I've been DMing for a group of friends for a year, but we're all novices and I'd like to see how this is all done by others.s

I've got a real job, I help clean up the aftermath of a long session, and I like that I'll still have alternate Saturday free. I bring snacks and my own books. I fake it half the time, which makes it hard to be a jerk about rules. I joke about everything, but I pay attention to what's going on. I avoid disagreement.

Let me know if you think I'd be a good fit, or if you want to know more.

Thrasher Thetic
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Always up for a little more weekend tabletop gaming, I live maybe 20 minutes away just south of St Paul. Shoot me a PM if mine for some reason failed to deliver.

Overlordd
12-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I went into business with my previous DM and friend and when I got hosed had to sever all connection been trying to find a game and some new gaming friends in a controlled environment not The Source for 2 years don't have any 4e books. I usually play clerics or fighters and would love to bring my dynamic to your circle.