PDA

View Full Version : What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Brendon
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
The system: Earthdawn 3rd Edition. (The illegitimate child of D&D and Call of Cthulhu with open-ended dice rolls.) Dwarves are the dominant race. Trolls sail the clouds in flying pirate ships!! Bards are useful!!!

Admittedly rusty GM will work with you to bring your legends in the magical land of Barsaive to life. (Also, extra-planar beasties will sometimes try to take over your minds and feast on your anguish, but what's a little of that among friends?)

We're just starting up, so there's no catching up to do.

P.S. The parking sucks. Sorry!

Gamer
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
hi there,

i'm new to glendale (and CA) and looking to join a group. i haven't played in many years and I definitely have not played earthdawn. are you still looking for players? would you consider a newbie? some info about me... i'm 35, non smoker, easy going and excited about getting back into rpg's.

Brendon
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Happy to have you!

If you can make it this coming Saturday, we're going to start making characters and run a starter scenario, time permitting. (Character creation isn't that hard, but deciding what to be with an unfamiliar system can stretch things out a bit!) I plan to be there at store opening (11:00), but arrive when you can and leave when you need to.

Be forewarned:
- Parking at Knight-Ware sucks. Sorry, but it's the only place I can get on the bus in a reasonable length of time (< 2 hours each way).
- We recently lost most of our veteran players for various real-life-related reasons and picked up a handful of late teen replacements. A role model would be nice....
- It appears that we will start the day with Earthdawn, then switch to Exalted (with a different GM) after breaking for food mid-to-late afternoon. This is still in flux.

(I'm not trying to scare you away; I just don't want you to be surprised.)

Hope to see you!

--Brian

hi there,

i'm new to glendale (and CA) and looking to join a group. i haven't played in many years and I definitely have not played earthdawn. are you still looking for players? would you consider a newbie? some info about me... i'm 35, non smoker, easy going and excited about getting back into rpg's.

Gamer
12-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I may have found another group to play with so I am going to pass for the moment. If things fall through then I will let you know and join up with you guys! Thanks again and have fun!

Steve