PDA

View Full Version : As Yet Unnamed Pathfinder Game Interest Check

valoren
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
This isn't so much a specific game looking for more people as an unspecified interest check. I'm trying to get a solid Pathfinder group together for weekly or bi-weekly games. We'd probably be starting with a brief appetizer of an adventure before switching over to a longer campaign I've run a few times before.

Combat-to-RP dimensions would be more 70/30, 65/35, you get the idea. Probably sessions will happen without combat. Not many. All sessions will include rolls, be it skill checks, challenges, whatever.

Days and times are not fixed. I'm looking for player input to find a day that would work for all interested parties. Barring a few days and times I don't have available, I'm pretty open and willing to work with potential players.

Any further information, just ask.

Edit: I'm asking that anyone else who replies just jot down in their post their most recent availability. It'll go a long way to getting this up and going if we can see all on one page how our respective schedules line up.

In the interest of that, here's mine:
Monday: anytime
Tuesday: anytime
Wednesday: anytime
Thursday: no evenings
Friday: anytime
Saturday: anytime
Sunday: no days

My roommate will in all likelihood be in this game, and he favors Friday evening. What about the rest of you?

Rastfar
11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Hello Valoren, I wish I lived closer, I've been wanting to try Pathfinder. :sorry:
Out of curiosity, how far is the Princeton area from you?

Roleplayer711
11-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi,
Im a 3.5/ pathfinder player Im looking for a game. I amin the Phieonexville area and happy to talk about it.
djjoel1111@gmail.com

valoren
11-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello Valoren, I wish I lived closer, I've been wanting to try Pathfinder. :sorry:
Out of curiosity, how far is the Princeton area from you?

Hey, Rastfar. I assume you mean Princeton, NJ, which makes the trip out to Ambler between 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic and how fast you drive. I totally understand if that's a logistically impossible commute. 45 minutes is basically my absolute limit, personally. All the same, if things change, feel free to let me know.

Hi,
Im a 3.5/ pathfinder player Im looking for a game. I amin the Phieonexville area and happy to talk about it.
djjoel1111@gmail.com

I'll be in touch shortly.

Howmandu
11-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I would have interest. I will be living in Horsham PA in a few weeks. I currently game on Friday and Sat nights. I'm available for Sundays, and also weekday nights depending on times.

BrainNuke
11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey valoren,

I'm interested in playing, however I've never played Pathfinder but I have years of D&D 3.5 experience. :lol:

Thanks

valoren
11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I would have interest. I will be living in Horsham PA in a few weeks. I currently game on Friday and Sat nights. I'm available for Sundays, and also weekday nights depending on times.

Hey Howmandu, thanks for showing interest. So far, the few people who have expressed interest have done so for Friday night, which I guess would unfortunately rule you out. However! I'm pretty elastic about when to play, so let me see what other days are workable for everyone and we'll try and find a day that we can all be happy with.

Hey valoren,

I'm interested in playing, however I've never played Pathfinder but I have years of D&D 3.5 experience. :lol:

Thanks

No worries, mate. If you know 3.5, the hop to Pathfinder is a very short one. Mostly there are just various small rule fixes that make things proceed a bit more smoothly, some interesting variant rules that many people I played 3.5 with were houseruling in their own games (Vitality Points, Action Points, stuff like that) and fixed several classes to make them more robust (Bards are playable, hooray!).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I've attained enough interest I'll be posting further details about getting a game started, so to everyone who's interested so far, just hang tight, share your availability, and hopefully we'll have the makings of a group soon!

Psyckosama
11-20-2010, 10:27 PM
I might be willing to give it a go.

Just want to double check. Mostly combat or mostly RP.

valoren
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I might be willing to give it a go.

Just want to double check. Mostly combat or mostly RP.

First post, good sir: "Combat-to-RP dimensions would be more 70/30, 65/35, you get the idea. Probably sessions will happen without combat. Not many. All sessions will include rolls, be it skill checks, challenges, whatever." :)

BigBlackAfrica
11-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I have years of 3.x and general d20 gaming under my belt but I have never played Pathfinder and would be interested in checking it out. I am also fairly new to the area and looking to meet gamers with similar interests and play styles. I'm currently playing in a bi-weekly game on Friday nights over Skype with some friends from back home, but would be available for alternate Fridays.

Howmandu
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Sure thing. Let me know if you get enough interest for a game that would run on days other than Friday and Sat. I have a friend who lives in Holland Pa, who is also interested.

valoren
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I have years of 3.x and general d20 gaming under my belt but I have never played Pathfinder and would be interested in checking it out. I am also fairly new to the area and looking to meet gamers with similar interests and play styles. I'm currently playing in a bi-weekly game on Friday nights over Skype with some friends from back home, but would be available for alternate Fridays.

How are other weekdays for you? To catch as many people as possible we're thinking about trying for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday evenings. Friday evenings are still on the table, just trying to find what will work best for the most folks.

Sure thing. Let me know if you get enough interest for a game that would run on days other than Friday and Sat. I have a friend who lives in Holland Pa, who is also interested.

Same as above; would any of Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday evenings work for you and your friend?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Since there has been quantitatively enough people to form a group at this point, I'm going to do a quick recap of what I believe to be everyone's availability as per their profiles:

Roleplayer711 +1: ThFSa nights, and from what you told me, M-W as long as we don't play late.
BrainNuke: unk
Psyckosama: all evenings.
BigBlackAfrica: alternating F-Sa evenings.
Howmandu +1: any non-F-Sa

I'm counting 3 solid for Friday, 3 solid for MTW. If anyone else is interested, wants to clarify their availability, or just add further details, I can start up an email list.

Psyckosama
11-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Ah. In that case, too much combat for my tastes then.

You need to change the summery. says 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat. when it sounds like it should be the other way around then.

valoren
11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Ah. In that case, too much combat for my tastes then.

You need to change the summery. says 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat. when it sounds like it should be the other way around then.

Either you've misread or your concept of what constitutes "a lot of combat" is pretty warped. Most games I play have combat two or three times per session; I said in the first post that entire sessions will probably go by without combat, and that most of the game will be made up of doing stuff that isn't fighting. I don't know how to make that any more clear.

BrainNuke
11-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey valoren,

I have no issues with any of those days. ;)

- Nuke

BigBlackAfrica
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't have issues with other days of the week per se. However, I am currently working on a project that runs from 7am till 3pm Monday - Friday, so I would need to be done by 8:30/9:00 on Sunday - Thursday.

valoren
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I think basically everyone who's going to chime in has done so, by now. I'll start an email list so we can talk to each other, figure out a day.

Koa
11-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I seem to be a bit late to reply, but I thought I'd throw something out there anyways. Recently moved down to Philly and looking for a good game. I've played Pathfinder before, as well as 3.5, so I'm familiar with the rules. I lean more to the RP, camaraderie, good-time-had-by-all aspects and so far what you proposed sounds like my kind of game. If there's no space, I totally understand, but if there is I'm very up for it.

valoren
11-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I seem to be a bit late to reply, but I thought I'd throw something out there anyways. Recently moved down to Philly and looking for a good game. I've played Pathfinder before, as well as 3.5, so I'm familiar with the rules. I lean more to the RP, camaraderie, good-time-had-by-all aspects and so far what you proposed sounds like my kind of game. If there's no space, I totally understand, but if there is I'm very up for it.

Koa, thanks for chiming in. We're still totally in the planning-scheduling phase, so you're more than timely. I'll forward the PM I sent to everyone else to you.

valoren
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Looking for one more!

We now have a solid group and are preparing to begin our regular game starting the 14th. We'll be playing every other Friday.

If anyone else is interested, we have room for one more in the group.

rorikdude
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
i would Love to play pathfinder. I Must play pathfinder... but are you okay with a teenager in your group? Very adaptable personality, not immature and I'm definetly not the "seduce the priestess" type.
Plz?