PDA

View Full Version : Interest in an M&M game

DonovanZanz
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Been aching to restart a campaign originally run tabletop which fell due to time restraints, so I'd like to gauge interest here.

Mutants & Masterminds (2e) is the system and follows a parallel timeline in which metahuman abilities have been outlawed for a decade. Those with superpowers either voluntarily serve A.E.G.I.S. as an agent to hunt and employ/imprison other metahumans or they're imprisoned for the protection of humanity-at-large (or they keep a low, low, LOW profile and even that is no guarantee). The setting would be Freedom City (though I call it Epsilon), Delaware (yes, Delaware). As it was run before, it developed into a murder mystery/x-files-type feel based on the types of characters involved. The focus is on roleplay, but combat will escalate.

That's it in a nutshell. I'd be looking for about 4 players to start, possibly more as the game develops. If you're interested, reply and I'll supply more details.

Marley117
11-20-2010, 02:24 AM
I am game. Count me in.

kurtthedm
11-20-2010, 08:43 AM
I'd be interested too

Lass
11-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I might be interested, how do you run the game? Maptools, IRC? Do you use voice with your game or only text?

DonovanZanz
11-21-2010, 02:30 AM
I might be interested, how do you run the game? Maptools, IRC? Do you use voice with your game or only text?

Text-only, by post. I don't really have the motivation currently to devote consecutive hours to session-type gaming unless its tabletop ... but that's impossible at the moment, thus the transition here. Besides, I prefer the depth that can be garnered through writing in a messageboard format, it is what I consider to be the boon of online play.

Still interested, I hope?

Marley117
11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
I am still interested. My only problem is the slow crawl these games oftten come to. So you have told thepremise to us. Sounds interesting. What is the power level going to be?

What is awesome to me, this game just screams something like Aberrant. Super powered terrorist group fighting the good fight against the government.

DonovanZanz
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, the crawl can be a bit disheartening, but I always considered it worth it when you have quality writing to show for it. Since I have the interest of 3 potential players already, here's some further details:

I started the home group off at PL 7, due to the circumstances of the the setting (necessity of keeping a low profile and the lack of training facilities/schools, but for the government which of course focuses more on practical application than anything else--read: exploitation). Only a dozen or so countries never jumped on the U.S. bandwagon and only a couple have since repealed the applicable laws. Among them: France, Japan, Austrailia, Iran and Venezuela--to name a few--do not have some kind of active anti-superpower laws in effect. Even still, except for Japan, these countries do not flaunt their heroes due to the sensitive nature of world relations over the issue.

The entirety of the notable heroes and villains in the world (those that can be found in the books), who are not dead after the Meta-War and the thermonuclear destruction of the Gates of Heaven, disappeared without word or trace ... except one. After the enactment of what has commonly become known as the Revised Moore Act in 1993 (in honor of the late Mayor Franklin Moore, though the official name is the Freedom of the Common Citizenry of the United States Act)--aka F.o.C.C.U.S. (federal agencies) aka ReMA (Epsilon and most Delaware law enforcement agencies) aka De-Met or A-Met aka the Dev Act or Dev-Prop (Devolutionary Act/Propoganda)--Fletcher Beaumont III outted himself as the Bowman, proclaimed retirement from "vigilantism" and has fought tirelessly for the past decade to restore the rights of metahumans in the United States.

The options would be wide open for character creation, be it A.E.G.I.S. agents, their Blackstone inmate counterparts, low profile heroes or freedom fighters (aka terrorists), or any combination thereof.

DonovanZanz
11-23-2010, 01:04 PM
The game will be held here:

http://roleplayinggames.net/cgi-bin/mainboard.cgi?&board=27

Marley117
11-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Is that board just for this game? So we should register as our character or how does it work?

DonovanZanz
11-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Roleplayinggames.net is a community specifically for play-by-post games. You register for that site first and then you can apply to games that are recruiting or apply to start your own. The link I supplied is a direct link to my personal game board. So you would register for the community, then apply to my game through the Misc Games recruitment board.

Arion Wind
11-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Is there room for one more? I'd be slow until finals are over in a couple weeks, but I'd like to get in on this.

Marley117
11-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok well I am subscribed to the site and everything now, as well as your board. I tried to post a message to start talking about characters but it didn't work. So I guess we can do it here? Who else is playing? Are we going to be a group or a bunch of individuals?

DonovanZanz
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I have to give you permission to post on the game board, which is why you couldn't. To submit a concept, go here: http://roleplayinggames.net/index.pl?&page=gamelist&game=misc# then click on the menu item "Join" and "Become a Player"; then you just have to select H(a)unted and enter your concept in the box. Please note and include the requirements with your characters as I've listed in the campaign details, here: http://roleplayinggames.net/cgi-bin/notesdetails_view.pl?&board=27&type=details .

I have two characters so far, so there's still room for at least two more (perhaps one or two more beyond that). The game will start individually for each character.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

The Don
DZ

DonovanZanz
11-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Ok, not sure why my post didn't go through. Basically, go to the main page of the site and hover over "Join" and click "Become a Player", it'll take you to the app page. Just click "Misc Games" (if its not already there), choose "H(a)unted", cut and paste your concept into the box, then click "Request to Join".

DonovanZanz
11-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Sorry, I answered your questions the first time I posted (and it didn't go through). Characters are starting individually--unless I can tie them together conveniently--and the approved characters so far are listed under the Board Links.