PDA

View Full Version : This Year's NaNoWriMo

Umiushi
10-31-2010, 10:52 PM
The other NaNoWriMo threads have years attached to them, so here's an undated one that can be bumped up every year (or not).

Anyway, good luck to the people at Pen and Paper Games who are going to be trying their luck at National Novel Writing Month! I'd say there's a fairly decent intersecting set between those of us who game and those of us who write, and I see murmurs of NaNoWriMo all over the place, from the good Arch Lich and others.

If you haven't heard, it's the month-long exercise to try and write a 50,000+ word story during the month of November. Everyone has their own busy schedule of course, and so for most people, any chance of success means having to turn off their "inner editor," and that's the main point. However, rather than struggling alone, as many writers are wont to do, you can do it in the company of thousands of other masochists who are all suffering through it on the same calendar days.

Will I be doing it again this year? Probably not, though it is fun to just toy around with the idea: "I'll write a book this month!" Best wishes to those of you who do just that, and the same to those of you who just give it a whirl.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Glad you created a thread with this particular topic in mind. Thanks for posting an update for everyone here.

I will be doing this year's NaNoWriMo. Can't wait.

How come you're not competing this year, Umiusi? How can I/we talk you into competing?

SDJThorin
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm in -- and plotting it all out today! :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Excellent news! Anyone else wanna join in?

Check out the link for more information: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano

Thriondel Half-Elven
11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm doing it again this year. So far I'm ahead of of the daily word count :)

How is everyone else doing so far?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Congrats, Thriondel Half-Elven!

I'm pretty close to being right on target.

Hey, have you tried ScriptFrenzy? I'm going to enter it next April.

Thriondel Half-Elven
11-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I haven't. I've seen ads for it on the nano site. And i've always wanted to dabble in script writing. Something i'll definitely be looking into