PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Shadowrun game (or the like)

cjordan
03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey folks,

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I'm looking for a near future, Neurmancer, Shadowrun/Cyberpunk type of game. Most games I've played of this genre have been homebrew, but I've played SR3 and at least one session of SR4 (flakey GM).

I've been without a consistent gaming group for many moons, and I'm trying to get into one now.

I've GM'd before but I didn't (and still don't) think I'm ready, but maybe I'm being too anal about it. The players of games I've run in the past said they had a good time during my games. That said, I'm really looking to play, not run. But I suppose if push came to shove, I could run a game... if there was interest.

I live in Mansfield (for those who've never heard of it, it's basically arlington), and would like to play Friday or Saturday evenings -- though a Wednesday or Thursday evening might not be out of the question. I'd just like to not have to work the day after a gaming session, you know? :D

So if anyone's got a group like that or if there is interest in starting a group like that... let's talk.

Cheers,
Chris
:cool:

Halfman
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I know this thread has been dead a long time but, is anyone doing an online Shadowrun game? I am trying to start a group at my high school but I lack experience. I was hoping to get a few games under my belt so I could be the GM for a while and introduce people to table top games. I also want them to stay on with the game so I need to learn how to make it fun.
I've heard wonderful things about pen&paper rpgs. Please help me become a devoted player and game master.

Also any advice or game invites would be welcome.

boulet
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM
You should create a thread in campaign invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17). It helps greatly for people to find you, and the type of game you're interested in. You should explore the player registry too : there might be a group near you waiting for a new player.

Halfman
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I live on a peninsula at least 30 miles from the nearest registered member, but I was more looking for an online game to get the basics down so I could GM for a few of my friends. Any advice would be cool because I've never played a P&P RPG before so it would be tough to run one...

WhiteTiger
07-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I live in the Greater columbia area of south carolina. I am looking for a 4th edition shadowrun game. send a pm if anyone knows of one. willing to travel up to 30 miles.