PDA

View Full Version : The World Below

RJBPrime
10-10-2010, 08:47 AM
D&D 4E Homebrew Setting.

Come, adventurers, join me in the search for treasure. Hidden in your safe, floating land of Levae, in the City of Luminarium, you have grown to hear of the stories of those that have gone to the World Below, and found treasure. Ancient artifacts, forgotten relics, a myriad of jewels and coin... Lest not forget what the other side of the stories tell of... Powerful beasts, destructive demons, unspeakable evil...

Are you willing to risk it all? To see if you can find the treasure to beat all treasures...

FunkyShmoo
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm looking for a campaign to join. I've played D&D a few times, but that was quite a long time ago. I guess you would probably classify me as a complete beginner, and I don't even own any rulebooks. Although, in the past I've owned rulebooks from several systems. I enjoyed the art, and numbers (what monster had the most HP?, what was the most deadly spell?, etc.) side of the games. That said, I certainly have the ability to purchase rulebooks if it's required, and I believe it's a worthwhile investment. What materials would you require players to have? What kind of time investment is usually involved in playing pen and paper RPGs?

Greendrg543
10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd be interested, i'm in a 4e game thats PbP right now, so i really don't have a weekly game going. I have DM'd 4e for a little over a year now so i'm trying to get some playing time in. I have all the books and the Wizards of the Coast character creator, although its not up to date since i haven't payed the subscription fee, but its been updated to the Players handbook 2. And i have the players handbook pdfs on my computer so i'm good. what time saturday would it be meeting on saturday?

megamc
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Hello,
I've played 4e since it was released, but only sporadically due to groups and my work. I'm interested, providing it falls on a day (or night) I am not working.

RJBPrime
10-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Where about are you guys based, as I am living on the Gold Coast AUS, and I will be using GMT +10. If you can handle that time, then you guys are the first players in. The time would probably be around 8pm GMT+10. The clock used would be this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?cities=1490,783,835.

If you guys can make it, post a character idea, and let me know.

If you live in a different place, let me know what timezone it is, and I'll add it in.

Greendrg543
10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't think i can make it since i'm in Central USA, and if i did my math right it would be 6 in the morning my time when you were planning on doing it. So thanks for the consideration, I'll keep looking for something closer to my timezone lol.

FunkyShmoo
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm afraid I'm too far away as well. I'm in New York, USA. That would mean I'd be playing at roughly 04:00. Yikes!

megamc
10-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately it looks like I wouldn't be able to make it either. Sucks, but there you go.
Thanks for the consideration though.

RJBPrime
10-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Are there any other Australian players? Or any within 2 hours of GMT +10?

web.geek
10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
This could work for me, since my available gaming time is off normal USA hours. If my calculation is correct, 8pm your time (GMT+10) would be 3am my time (GMT-7). On Saturdays, I could do that for 4-5 hours. I have messed around with MapTool and used similar tools in game, so no real learning curve there. Will you be using the text chat built into MapTool or other chat/voice options? Haven't really used Skype, etc. Willing to play any class/role needed. Let me know...Thanks

RJBPrime
10-22-2010, 04:38 AM
I have had some local people ask me if they could play, but they have odd hours for work. So I have decided to change this to a play-by-post. Would that be better you guys?

megamc
10-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Works for me. One thing, I've never done a Play-by-Post before. So it'll be a new experience.

web.geek
10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I can do PbP, but I know these games tend to go really slow, especially during combat encounters. I could be active about 1/3 of each day, but I can't get to these forums through the firewall at work. If that is acceptable, count me in.

RJBPrime
10-25-2010, 04:13 AM
If you can access these forums via another way, then it will be hosted here. If not, let me know, so I can find another forum. I would prefer to use a forum that everyone has access to, and know of.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

What if it was done on Google Wave? Can you access Google Wave at your work? I have a Google Wave account, and if you need/want invites, let me know, so I can send them. Apparently Google Wave is being used for play-by-post games nowadays, and has some interesting systems being built/designed for it.

megamc
10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
I know the Dungeons and Dragons website has something called "Real Adventures" you can access through the wiki, which is a massive PbP forum.
Not too sure HOW it is set-up or works from the DM side, but I'm almost positive there is no cost to use it.

web.geek
10-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I'll check both of these out tomorrow at work. I sometimes have problems with wizards.com, but I have been to community.wizards.com before...very strange. Google shouldn't be a problem.

RJBPrime
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
So, did it work for you? I've had no internet, and I've had to work and will be for another 2 weeks, so, let me know, yeah?

RJBPrime
10-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Just found out, Google has stopped developing Wave :(. Can anyone recommend a forum? I looked at the WotC community, and it may be used, but I would like some opinions on other sites.