PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon! Tombs & Terrors Old School Fantasy Role Playing

Simon W
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Using the system first seen in Go Fer Yer Gun! and expanded upon in Medieval Mysteries, you can now role-play in your own fantasy setting. Largely compatible (with some conversion) with other similar products of other companies, Tombs & Terrors brings even more variety to your fantasy gaming table!

Follow up products will include new monsters, new character classes and a whole setting with crypts, tombs and vaults for you to game in.

urbwar
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
so this is some kind of D&D variant? Cause RPGNow lists it as OGL/3.5 or some such

Simon W
10-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah, it is OGL and it uses the system from Go Fer Yer Gun! which is based off Castles & Crusades.

magehammer
10-14-2010, 05:39 AM
What are the major differences between Tombs & Terrors and C&C?

Simon W
10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
What are the major differences between Tombs & Terrors and C&C?

You know what, I'm not really sure. I wrote Go Fer Yer Gun! based off C&C (when I had a copy of C&C). I no longer have C&C, so I wrote Tombs & Terrors based off Go Fer Yer Gun! & Medieval Mysteries, using bits of Swords & Wizardry and bits of the OGL. So the classes and races are a bit different. There are 2 primary, 2 secondary and 2 tertiary attributes (12, 15 and 18 respectively). There are skills - each class gets a skill selection at 1st, 4th, 8th & 12th and these become class abilities. Although GFYG & MM are a bit different, it is easy to mix & match - so you could use classes from MM in T&T, for example. Or you could do a fantasy western. Spells and monsters are different - nearer to Swords & Wizardry than C&C.

In releasing T&T, I'm not claiming it is better than the other "retro" and "old school" games out there. I'm just presenting as an option - one that suits me better than most of the others.

magehammer
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Thank you, sir. I have C&C and like it, but I have found that I have to house rule it to death to be playable for me and mine. Have you house ruled T&T at all when you have played it or does it run perfectly "right out of the box"?

dhuneau
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi,
I love RPGs since 25 years and like very much Tombs & Terrors. It is an "old school" rpg but with skills and I like the character's sheet too. Would you be interested about a french translation ? I can do it (see my translations of some Pathfinder modules from Avalon Games on DriveThru) and it could be the first "retro-clone" to be edited in french.
I can send you the first pages.
See you soon,
Denis Huneau

dhuneau
10-19-2010, 04:11 AM
My e-mail address is : denis.huneau@orange.fr.

See you soon,

Denis

Simon W
10-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Hi,
I love RPGs since 25 years and like very much Tombs & Terrors. It is an "old school" rpg but with skills and I like the character's sheet too. Would you be interested about a french translation ? I can do it (see my translations of some Pathfinder modules from Avalon Games on DriveThru) and it could be the first "retro-clone" to be edited in french.
I can send you the first pages.
See you soon,
Denis Huneau

Hi Denis,

It would be great for a French translation. I am currently on holiday in the USA but I will mail you on my return to discuss the details. :biggrin:

dhuneau
10-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Very nice !

Denis

Simon W
10-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Very nice !

Denis

Email on its way.

Otakar
10-22-2010, 06:48 AM
I guess we can't call it "T&T". That one's already been taken, right? :)

Simon W
10-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I guess we can't call it "T&T". That one's already been taken, right? :)

Good point. Anyone got any ideas?

Simon W
05-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Here's a review of TnT

http://flynnwd.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-tombs-terrors.html

Shadow Warrior
05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Good review, very fair.