PDA

View Full Version : New Players for New 4e Campaign

dkoehne
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Looking for players to start up a new 4e campaign.
New to the system myself, and haven't DM'ed in quite awhile, so new players and inexperienced players are welcome.
Currently in an ongoing 3.5e game on alternating Friday nights, so I was looking to play bi-weekly, either during the week (Tues or Wed nights) or on Sunday evenings.
We would be running fun, efficient, 4-hour gaming sessions on whatever night we choose.
Players should range from mid-20's to mid-40's. I'm a professional, parent, mainstream type of person (please, no players who want to dress as their characters) and would like to game with those who are similar.
Very critical for players to be consistent in coming to the game, respectful of the other players in the group, and enthusiastic and involved during the actual game.

Send an email or respond here with some information about yourself, when you would prefer the game night to be, how much gaming and/or 4e experience you have, and if you are able to really become part of an ongoing, consistent group.

Thanks.

scifipoinsettia
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi! I am 26 years old and am working on getting my business going (teaching piano and freelance illustration). I have played before (not much) but it has been over 7 years so I have never even touched a 4e campaign. I could do any of those nights but I would prefer Tuesday or Wednesday since I tend to use Sunday night to prepare for teaching on Monday morning. The only thing that could really get in the way of me coming to the game would be holidays (out of town for T-Day and XMas) and I am getting married in May which will take me out for a few weeks. That assumes that the campaign will be going that long, of course :) Not sure what your plans are. Shoot me an email if you are interested! scifipoinsettia@gmail.com

SirJoel
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Guys... I could use a new game to play in.

I am flex on play night.

dkoehne
10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for replying, both of you. Hopefully we will get a few more responses to the posting here and I can set up a date here in the next week or so to get everyone together for a first meeting and overview. I'd ask that each of you bone up on 4e - I'd want every player to have at least the Player's Handbook and some knowledge of the 4e rules to begin play. I'm new at the rules myself, so if we all have a basic understanding of 4e I think it will go easier.

captpike
10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I am 25 and have been playing 4e for 2 or so months, (LFR mostly), I have leveled a sorcerer to 6, runepriest to 5, swordmage/warlock to 3

I also would be interested in playing a campaign idealy tuesday or wensday but I could do monday as well

Joekak
10-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I will be out of town next week but i would definitely join this game when I am back.

I have really only played at Encounters, LFR, and game-day events in comic stores. I played in one small game that got me started, it was 5 people, including DM, and only a handful of encounters.

I don't really care at the moment which day it is.

itfc_rob
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm definitely interested. I'm also a "mainstream" sort of person. Would prefer Sunday afternoons, but I can adapt. Biweekly works best for me, rather than weekly. Played all kinds of systems for years and years.

Tanj!
10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Count me in if you've got room. 30, work a professional job, and played 2E for about two years 10 years ago and played 4E for about 6 months which ended about 3 months ago. I can make Tues, Wed, or Sun nights. My only conflicts are the occasional Stars game that I have season tickets for. Between now and April there are 8 Tues night games, 6 Wed night, and 1 Sun night. Of course since the group will be bi-weekly I'm sure we can decrease any interference. As another poster mentioned Holidays are generally off limits but that typically applies for the bulk of people. I've forwarded this onto my friend who has DM'd a 4E game but hasn't actually played 4E as a player so I expect he will chime in as well.

dkoehne
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for replying to the post - it looks like we will be able to easily fill out a table and get a game going. What I'll do this weekend is put together a plan for a first meeting and get everyone involved in putting together a good outline for gaming sessions. How long, what night, expectations, etc.

I'll contact each of you individually in private message here in the next few days to ask a few more questions and to get some more information from each of you. I'll also need contact information - best to do that in PM as well rather than an open forum.

Thanks again for the interest, looking forward to moving forward and starting up here in the next two weeks hopefully.

dkoehne
10-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Hello there. Well, only two of you replied to the message I sent to you privately to get your contact information, so it looks like we are not having a get together tomorrow night. If you are interested, please let me know so that we can schedule something soon and get the game started. Thanks!

scifipoinsettia
10-13-2010, 11:30 AM
So sorry!! I was at a wedding all weekend and then completely forgot about it!!! I am definitely still interested... Wednesday nights are fine, just let me know when we can get together.

spl
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I would like to join up as well. I am the friend Tanj! mentioned. I'm 29, professional, and prefer Sunday gaming if possible, but weekday evening games are also workable. Despite DM'ng a game for a while I'm relatively inexperienced but am a team player and completely flexible in whatever gaming needs the rest of the crew has. Looking forward to joining in if there's room for me!

Thanks!

brasilian123
10-13-2010, 10:57 PM
30 buisness owner, played a little bit of 4e , laid back , let me know the whereabouts of and time, and id love to join. call me or text me at 469 693 6777

andre

email - andre@aliencoate.com