PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns / Adventures a site for those with writer's block

yukonhorror
09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
a player of mine pointed this site out to me. Some of it is "meeh" in my eye, but for DM/GM's who like putting in a lot of flavor, it would be great. One thing I like are the "plot" tools. No help in tying plot points together, but it is neat nonetheless.

Enjoy:

www.chaoticshiny.com

In short, a lot of random X generators. X ranges from NPC writeups to story arcs to pub names.

tesral
09-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Bookmarked.

yukonhorror
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
glad I can help :)

Skunkape
09-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I bookmarked it too! Thanks for posting it.

Great thing about having lots of resources, even if some to most of the info is "meeh", you'll still be able to gleen info or gain inspiration from it!:biggrin:

Malruhn
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Dude - nice find! And I'll second Skunkape's comment about the "Meeh." Good things can sometimes be found in the bottom of a sinking pile of "Meeh"... I have LOTS of Meeh bookmarked. What looks like stinkage a month ago, may well be the exact thing I need today.

Again - a big thumbs up!!

Soft Serve
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM

...........♥

tesral
10-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Ideas are were you find them.

Talmek
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I like it!

I'm in the process of creating a world, and I can already see some of the assistance I'm going to get is going to be from this site.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

CountChocula
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
a player of mine pointed this site out to me. Some of it is "meeh" in my eye, but for DM/GM's who like putting in a lot of flavor, it would be great. One thing I like are the "plot" tools. No help in tying plot points together, but it is neat nonetheless.

Enjoy:

www.chaoticshiny.com

In short, a lot of random X generators. X ranges from NPC writeups to story arcs to pub names.

I just spent an hour fooling around on that site - lots of fun, thanks for sharing this!

nijineko
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
i use the writer's dreamkit built in tools to generate story forms when i'm really stuck for something. ^^

templeorder
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM
So far i've never been that stuck for something... in fact, i've written far more adventure ideas that i've ever used. Hundreds more than i can get to... but sites like this definitely help flush out the details to make them all feel more authentic.