PDA

View Full Version : Redmond/Eastside 4e startup

Saracor
09-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Looking for a couple more people to fill out a new 4e game starting up. I'm new to the system so I'm looking to try out the game and get a feeling for it. Probably going to do published material to see how the system works and then restart it early next year in my existing campaign world. Any play experience is welcome, from RPG newbies, to system masters, so long as you're willing to put up with people learning the system and getting used to a new play-style.

Play is probably weekly-ish, 3-4 times a month most likely on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon-evening. I have 2-3 players already and looking to fill up towards 6 players. While this starter game may focus more on combat and encounters, that is mainly to understand the system. Once my actual campaign gets started, I like to have a good mix of role-playing and combat to keep everyone entertained.

I'm in Redmond (Union Hill road area). Car transport is necessary (not along a transit route) but pickups can be arranged from the bus stop (Bear Creek P&R).

I'm also hoping that this group can be flexible enough to swap games every once in a while (and GMs). I do have one other person capable and willing to run, more is always welcome. A number of us are big Federation Commander fans as well for a change of pace here and there.

jun4dragon1976
09-25-2010, 03:10 AM
I have not played 4th Ed at all (stopped playing right around the transition to 3.5) but this sounds interesting. Couple questions tho...

Is this game going to be in the evenings? or afternoon? (morning is right out for me)
What are the ages of the players currently involved (including your own age)?
What setting are you planning to run the game in?
Do I need to have my own players guide? (eventually I would buy one, but if things do not pan out, I would rather borrow/utilize someone's at the game if at all possible)

Feel free to PM me with the answers (or if you have filled up, the "no thanks" answer).

JerryRigg
09-25-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm also curious as to the age group of yourself and the other players and the setting you'll be using. Depending on the answers I get I'll be somewhere from interested to very interested. I've never played 4E, although I've read up on it, own quite a few of the books, and have a semi-strong grasp of the system, I guess.

As to availability, pretty much any time on either day works well for me.

Excited to hear back from you!

Melinkurian Abatha
09-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I am in Kenmore and am looking for a more "constant" weekly game so I am interested. I have played in 2 4e games so far but I still consider myself to be new to the edition. I have been playing since 1980 so I havce played quite a bit of D & D and AD & D of all styles.

While I have DM'd earlier ed.s of the game I am not conforatable enough with 4e tyo try my hand at running a game as of yet. I may be willing to try with a little more experience though.

Mostly combat seems a good way to break into this ed since the combat can be time consuming. It si a really good way for others new to the 4e to get more comfortable with the rules so I am ok with that.

Looking forward to hearing form you if you are interested,

Abatha

Saracor
09-26-2010, 09:50 AM
So I myself am 40. I've been playing RPGs for 30 or so years and have consistently run campaign worlds in many systems. I played and ran a lot of 3.0/3.5e in the past but I am new to 4e. So far the group of people I have are two experienced role-players around 30 and my son (16) who may join us intermittently. I'm obviously looking for a more mature group capable of handling a wide variety of things. I'm expecting this to be nearly a weekly thing (so 3 weeks a month more than likely) but from now until December there's a lot of weeks people tend to disappear (I'll also be gone the end of October for 2 weekends).

My campaign world is a typical high-fantasy type based in what would be similar to dark age Britain with a larger Roman influence mixed with a bit of Warhammer Fantasy (though less Chaos). While I do allow most of the Wizards material, there are a few things here and there that don't quite go well as written but nothing major. I'm also happy to get player input on shaping the bit of the world that are fuzzier.

I don't expect anyone to bring books beyond what they want/need to make and play their character. I have access to most everything (one of my players has all the books and he'll be bringing most of them) but so long as we don't spend lots of time digging around for things during play it doesn't matter what people have. If you have minis/cards/counters/maps/etc, feel free to bring them, I expect I'll pick things up myself as we need them for play but whatever makes your playing better please bring.

I am looking to find the problems and what not with the rules as written. I expect people to min/max and abuse things as best as they can right now so we can house rule things for a more enjoyable experience as well as me getting a feeling for what people really want to have as far as combat/role-playing mix goes.

I've gotten a number of replies already from people and I thank those interested. Good to see there's a good community here on the Eastside. I'll try to get back to everyone I can but I don't expect to have more than 5-6 players (my game room just won't hold any more!) I'm trying to get back to everyone I can to let them know what's going on.

Thanks.

Jynxed
09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm interested. I'm in the Renton Highlands area.

I don't have 4e experience other than what I have read so far but I'm willing to give it a go.

I have been gaming for the past 26 years but haven't had a steady group for the last couple. I'm definitely looking to change that.

Have a good one!

TireSwing
10-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm interested. I currently live in Issaquah, but I grew up in Redmond and I'm frequently in the Redmond/Bellevue area. I'm 24 and I'd consider myself a bit of a power gamer (though I favor efficient, optimized characters over "cheesy", overpowered ones). I haven't been playing 4e for very long (unlike most I don't have 20+ years of experience -- and maybe this means I don't have 20+ years of "bad habits" to kick either) but I am very familiar with the rules and current errata. I've given thought to DMing, but I am hesitant to do so because I have zero experience.

As far as what role I'm willing to fill in party, I'm fairly flexible. I've been eyeballing Tempest fighter (defender/striker), but like I said I'm flexible and I'm familiar with 4e rules so I'm capable of playing just about anything.

You mentioned picking players up at the Bear Creek P&R, and this is something that I would have no problem helping with.