PDA

View Full Version : The adventure begins...



Pages : [1] 2

Q-man
09-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Your reputation has spread before you, even to reach my little corner of the realm. I'm to understand you're the fellows to charter for the more dangerous and unusual work. That is precisely the task that I need done, there is some evil afoot in my town of Soldevi and I'd pay handsomely to have things set right again. I can not prove it, but I fear an evil cult has skulking around. I can give you more details about the job as well as payment when you arrive. Please come with all haste as this matter is of the utmost urgency.

Regards
Lord Byron Weathermay

After you received that letter you decided to set out for Soldevi and see what this lord was offering. The journey was only a few days, and as you didn't have any other jobs waiting it seemed a good opportunity.

Just as the town was finally coming into view the sun was setting. Rather than press on into the night, only to arrive at some ungodly hour, you chose to set camp one last time and make your entrance in the morning.

As you were lighting your fire and pitching tents by the last rays of sunlight, several shadows detached from the grown and slithered toward your camp. You quickly drew your weapons to defend yourself, but after that your memories are incoherent. You recall snatches and glimmers of the fight, but little more. Things did not seem to be going well from what you recall.

The room around you slowly comes into focus. Weakly looking about the room you see your companions sprawled on cots lining the walls. You don't feel perfect yet, your vision is hazy and you feel nauseous. On top of that your head is still foggy and our thoughts are hard to keep straight, you must have some sort of fever.

A young girl is hovering over you seeing to your wound's dressings. She seems extremely relieved when you begin to stir and move. "Its a blessing! You've finally awoken." she says. "Dr. Honaire will be so pleased, he was one of the few that felt you would pull through your delirium. Others felt it would have been a mercy to put an end to your suffering. It seems they were entirely wrong."

yukonhorror
09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Krys vision comes into focus and is very confused by his surroundings. He checks to see all of the Neimendsfreund are present. He stands up and slowly walks over to the young lady addressing his friend's wounds.

"Excuse me miss, how did we get here? Can you tell me what has happened? This is Barakas and my name is Krys. We appreciate you tending to our wounds. I have basic medical training if you need help in aiding these poor victims."

Q-man
09-20-2010, 09:47 AM
None of the group looks particularly health, all of you have a few bandages covering your wounds and bewildered expressions. {{I should mention that your injuries and current health have left you all with full HP but only 5 healing surges each}}

"When you were found three days ago you were all in some kind of fit, and acting most unnaturally. Several of the guards and a few other men from town managed to subdue you and bring you here, to the sanitarium. Dr. Honaire has been treating you, I'm just his assistant." With a quick curtsy she says "My name is Lyna."

{{I should also mention that none of your equipment is around either. You're also not wearing your own clothes, you're in plain white robes}}

yukonhorror
09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
{{five spent or five left (HS)}}

"Sanitarium?? As in crazy house? I assure you, we may look odd, but we are all of sound mind. I remember some shadows before we were attacked but nothing since. Hmm??? Curious."

"Thank you Lyna. Would the good doctor know more about what happened to us? Also, where is my armor or the rest of our equipment? Is this Soldevi? If so, where can we find Lord Byron?"

With his rapid succession of questioning, Krys realizes he does sound a 'bit' like a madman.

"I apologize for all of my questions, I just feel a bit out of my element and caught off-guard. We have urgent business with the Lord, and we would rather not keep him waiting. I hope you understand."

Webimpulse
09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Slowly stirring awake, having heard his comrade Krys and someone else speaking beside him, Barakas sits up clutching the bridge of his nose as he attempts to make out his surroundings in the temporary haze. He takes a deep breath before speaking himself.

"Thank you, Lyna…I can imagine you've been instrumental in keeping us safe. Though I can assure you I've been through worse," he says as he holds his hand to an old scar on his chest. "…I think. Though it's hard to say without a memory of what happened."

Q-man
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
{{Five healing surges remaining, the rest are gone}}

Lyna takes a few nervous steps back as Krys pelts here with questions. "I didn't mean sir... its just... not that you're cray, its just where Dr. Honaire tends all his patients. It seemed the best place to keep you till you were well again. The good doctor spoke with those that found you, he might know more of what happened to you, he's waiting in the study down the hall. As for Lord Weathermay he's most likely still in his manor, crippled as he is he can't get too far without difficulty."

Greendrg543
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Enemere awakes to find Krys and Barakas speaking to a young woman. Enemere slowly sits up and begins to stand, after standing up Enemere goes to join his awoken comrades in talking with the young woman but says nothing. (forgot to mention that he is a quiet guy). After hearing what she said, Enemere says,

"Do not feel threatened, we are not crazy, just a little misguided at the moment. I'm going to go look for the good Doctor, Thank you Lyna for your care and compassion. Krys, Barakas, shall we go see the doctor?"

Enemere stands and begins to head for the door.

Webimpulse
09-20-2010, 05:33 PM
"Wait a moment," says Barakas to Enemere right before he opens the door. "Before we see him, we should check on Sylvain and Gideon, make sure they're awake."

Greendrg543
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
"Please excuse my haste, yes let us wait."
Enemere goes over to his cot and sits down, meditating and focusing on trying to remember what happened during the attack.

Helel
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Gideon awakens in the corner of the current room. stirring awake or simply aware presence as it could be argued someone such as himself could be considered able to sleep or be awake. His cold diamond-like hands touch the white robes feeling the material if he could feel at all. It was a sensation of cotton much like he already wore before and when he was a hermit back in the place he used to stay. Gideon looks around to take in the manner of things. He finally interjects when his name is mentioned. "Friends. I believe the young-female is exhibiting emotions of nervousness and discomfort. Highly tied into the fact that you are inquiring many things at your awakening. I feel we must take to calm down in silence or light chatting before moving on." the diamond-shard man respond in his telekinetic speech, as he remains seated enjoying the feeling of being aware. (Telekinetic/Everyone in Room)

Q-man
09-20-2010, 08:45 PM
{{Helel could you add a note to your dialog saying if it's vocal or telepathic. Also if it's telepathic who it's directed to, I doubt he'd be broadcasting it to large groups. Hopefully that won't be a huge hassle}}

Webimpulse
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Seeing the distress the questioning puts Lyna in, he attempts to defuse the situation. "Please pardon our inquisitiveness...as you can imagine, after such a traumatic event we are quite tense. Perhaps we should rest a little bit longer. However...Miss Lyna, if you may be so kind, I know there must be a reason we do not have our usual equipment, but I would most benefit from having my holy symbol of Ioun. People often turn to their faith in stressful situations...and I am no exception," Barakas requests calmly and kindly.

Deepthought
09-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Sylvain comes to to find a lively discussion already underway. "Ho, Ho....since when is this most drinkfast Bard the last to awaken? What is it comrades, have we met our untimely demise? This looks and feels most like the Elysium and ourselves all clad in Angels white....ah...beauty my eyes note even when befuddled, my harp! To remember yonder lady in a fitting verse!" noting his harp and clothes do not lie next to where he came to Sylvain begins a careful survey of the room, while singing idly about fair and fairer women.

Q-man
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Blushing at Sylvain's compliments Lyna says "We only took your things so we could better reach your wounds and treat your fever. Most of it has been tucked away in a closet until you've awoken. Lord Weathermay sent your weapons and armor to be cleaned and repaired, you've been asleep long enough that the work should be done by now. If you'll excuse me I'll go retrieve your things." She bows and hastily leaves the room.

She returns and departs several times to bring all of your things. Saying not a word until she's piled all of your cloths (which show new stitching and patches from recent tailoring), several backpacks (that contain climbing gear, food, rope, water skins, and so forth; but no weapons or ammunition), and a harp. She wipes an arm across her brow and says "I suppose you'll want to change back into your own cloths. I've other duties to tend to, but the good doctor will be eager to speak with you. You'll find him in the study, out this room and down the hall to the right. He'll be in the room at the end of the hall."

{{All of your non-magical equipment that isn't weapons or armor has been returned to you. The rest you'll get back soon enough.}}

yukonhorror
09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
"It appears we are all awake. Well, miss, can you direct us to the good doctor. Like I said, we have urgent business with the lord and must meet with his grace as soon as possible." Krys checks one more time to assure himself his friends are in good shape.

Q-man
09-21-2010, 09:09 AM
{{You'll find that you're in fairly decent shape. You're all a bit foggy from the fever and a bit sore as your recent cuts and bruises are still healing. You've been well cared for after whatever happened during that attack}}

Deepthought
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Sylvain will put his regular clothes back on, and pick up his harp. "Oh lady fair you tend' us well, may your beauty last. Through cut and bruise and fever fell, you saved us at last. Your marble face is white and fair, and it knows no scorn. Perfect would now be your air, alas you lack a Horn....mh....almost. We are getting there. A nice tune. Now to work. Come on comrades let us to the good Doctor. I am keen to hear more about this unforseen attack and illness that has crept upon us like a roach" Sylvain motions for all to head for the door Lyna indicated.

Webimpulse
09-21-2010, 10:10 AM
((Question for clarification: would Barakas have his holy symbol and his magic cloth armor? The reason I'm asking is because I don't know if a holy symbol would be considered a weapon, and Barakas's cloth armor could pass as a set of normal clothes, I think. Just asking for clarification. :) ))

"Heh, Sylvain...yes, let us go see him," says Barakas as he chuckles and playfully shakes his head at Sylvain's behavior. Barakas always found it amusing.

Q-man
09-21-2010, 10:12 AM
{{Since its unlikely that you'd have other cloths under cloth armor you can have your armor. Holy symbols are also returned to you.}}

Greendrg543
09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
"Thank you again Lyna for your compassion and care, I know I would have done the same for you."
Enemere puts his clothes and armor back on, and waits for his comrades by the door so they can go see the doctor. While doing this he holds the locket on his necklace in his hand. Also Enemere sticks his head out the door to see whats in the hallway.

Q-man
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
{{I'm assuming you're all headed down the hall to where Lyna said Dr. Honaire would be waiting, so I'm going to press on with that description. If this isn't the case feel free to correct me.}}

You walk down the hall passing other patient rooms. A few have open doors and inside you see people lying in beds, others have locked doors. Some of those locked doors seem unusually sturdy, but lack a window so you can't tell whats inside.

As you enter the study you see a middle aged gnome seated at a table, you can't place his face, but he seems very familiar to you. Various books and parchments are scattered around him. He looks up from the book he's taking notes in and adjusts his wire rimmed glasses as you enter. "Ah good, you're up and about. I had thought you'd awaken soon. Your fever had broken last night, such sturdy fellows as yourselves would surely be on your feet soon after. Its good that you are up and about now, the storm season will soon be upon us. By all accounts the rains this year are like to trap us all indoors."

yukonhorror
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
"Doctor, can you tell us what happened? If you can't it is of no consequence. All we ask of you is to inform us where our belongings are located."

Deepthought
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Sylvain greets him friendly and then hums to himself while trying to get a View onto the parchments, to See if He can Read anything.

Q-man
09-21-2010, 02:28 PM
The gnome rambles on for a little while in response to Krys' question "Happened? Well its simple as can be. You were stricken with a delirium just outside of town, they brought you here with lacerations, bruises, and running a devil of a fever. Your bruises were easy to treat, a few simple poultices and salves worked wonders. Though I shouldn't wonder if the treatments I used on the more elemental of your group might have some unusual effects, I'll have to keep an eye on you should you stay in town. You will stay won't you? Surely theres some business you've yet to tend to that will keep you a few days at least. Besides which your fever is another matter, it has broken but its not truly gone yet. Its ill advised for you to take to the road so soon. A good nights rest a decent meal and another few administrations of my tinctures should do you good. As to your belongings I won't be much help. When I announced that they needed removed to allow me to set your wounds to rights, Lord Weathermay decreed that they should be repaired. Once you were fit for duty he still had work for you. Ah! See there, you do yet have business to tend to and shan't be setting out anytime soon. Please don't be strangers, as I've yet to complete your cures."

{{Deepthought give me a perception check for your attempts to surreptitiously read the gnome's papers}}

yukonhorror
09-21-2010, 02:43 PM
{{rolls are "[" then "roll=xdy" then the closing bracket, then some text like "perception roll", then "[" then "/roll" then another closing bracket}}


"Sorry for the confusion doctor. The hurry we are in is instigated by our haste to meet with the lord regarding a task he needed performing. We will most likely stick around until we are feeling at our best again, but in the meanwhile, we intend to get our affairs in order regarding the lord. Is there anything, you need from us as of now, or may we leave to seek audience with the lord?"

Helel
09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Gideon nods as he follows the rest of you out coming upon the gnome that appears to have rescued you all. Speaking in his normal way of speaking (telepathically to the room area that is.) "Tis admirable that you taken care of us. Sadly, I would doubt many would do the same. I would request that I have time to meditate before embarking for the Lord's house." With that he turns to Krys speaking to him alone with his mind. "I have my doubts Krys about this man. It is not the way of most humans to merely heal us and take care of us without something needing to be given in return. Beware of deals he might try and make." With that he tries to read the Gnome's body language and facial expression to gain insight on him.

Insight Check

Greendrg543
09-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Enemere stands towards the back of the group, listening to the conversation the Doctor, Krys and Gideon are having.
Enemere asks, "Was there any signs of what caused our delirium?"
After asking this he checks for any signs of magic around the room. Arcana Check

Q-man
09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
{{Gideon's insight}}
You get the impression that the gnome is being genuine and honest. While he may not be revealing all that he knows, or suspects, it's more from absent mindedness or distraction.

{{Enemere's arcana}}
You can sense a good deal of magic in the room. Several baubles and trinkets on the shelves have some magical energy I'm them. A good deal of the books likewise are enchanted. A few bits of the doctor's accessories (like his rings and glasses) are also magical.

The gnome replies to you questions "Need from you? Nothing significant comes to mind. Though I'd feel as a liar if I didn't express a desire for you to stay and chat a while. It's so rare to meet individuals like yourselves. You'll forgive my saying that you are quite a unique group. The stories of you speak of how a vile sorcerer summoned most of you, then you stood against him to earn your freedom. This tale quite tickles my fancy and I'd love to hear all of it."

{{This story is not your true history, I'm adding rumors about your group for some color.}}

The gnome continues "Now as to the origin of your affliction I can only speculate. What you've contracted is no natural malady. It's a disease to be sure, not some poison. It will take some time to overcome, but certainly the worst has past. There is a touch of eldritch power in it, necrotic to be more specific. It's source lies in some dark magic I believe."

{{I have it in mind to hide knowledge that only some of you have. To let you explain it in your own way. If you'd prefer to just have it made public straight away let me know.}}

Deepthought
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
[Perception {1d20+3}] Sylvain Stopps looking at the papers when the Gnome Mentions the Groups Story and Looks at him inquisitively. "I should like to Hear that Tale told in Full and all other Tale you might have about our past. if we have to stay tonight, will you Tell it to me in all Detail?"

Webimpulse
09-21-2010, 06:17 PM
"Later on, Sylvain, right now we have more important things to discuss," Barakas gently reminds Sylvain. "Though I am curious myself," he says as a quick aside.

He turns his attention to the doctor. "Necrotic...figures," Barakas scowls. "Did anyone happen to catch any glimpse of our attackers? Any identifying marks or the like?" As Barakas asks, he too examines the room, but in this case looking for items of a religious nature...

Barakas Religion Check
((Someone tell me if it worked, I don't know how to work this darn thing :( ))

Greendrg543
09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Enemere also adds to Barakas's question politely, "Is there any reason to why you have so many magic items around your office? Perhaps one of the enchanted books on your shelves may hold the answer to which necrotic symbols were used on us that night."

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

((roll didn't work, make sure you do [/roll] at the end to close out the command))

Webimpulse
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
((Dice roller's not working for me, I don't know why, I think I'm doing it right :( ))

Helel
09-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Gideon looks onward reading the man's expression noting the peacefulness. "Fear not. He is true." Gideon says to only hi teammates through his telepathic speech. As he hears of what happened he looks up inquisitively. "Creatures from beyond the gate. Another problem from the failures of me and my brothers" he says letting his specialized cloth down his diamond-like body.

(Note: If I don't note otherwise within the text. Just assume when Gideon talks telepathically open to the people around him.)

Webimpulse
09-21-2010, 08:10 PM
((Gonna try the roll again, hopefully it'll work this time...))

Barakas Religion Check

Q-man
09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
{{The rolls won't work if you put them in while editing the post. If you have to do that remember to check the Reroll the dice option on the edit post form. Webimpulse the roll worked for you this last time by the way.}}

{{Deepthought your perception check didn't seem to go through, at least I'm not seeing the result.}}

{{Barakas' religion check}}
Looking about the room, nothing stands out to you as specifically religious. There may be a few items of symbolism around, but none are for a religion that you are familiar with.

The gnome replies "You'd like to hear the tale? Surely you're all intimately familiar with it, after all you've lived through it haven't you? No doubt the version I heard is a bit off, you know how rumors can be after they've been told a few times. It does say that sir Barakas is a demon from the lower planes bound to our realm. Clearly thats not the case, he's a tiefling after all. As their kind is distinctly underrepresented here in Khyber I can see how the common folk might jump to conclusions given their appearance and history. However, the tale surely has some grain of truth to it; sirs Gideon and Enemere are clearly beings from the elemental chaos. If you'd still care to hear the imaginings that the common folk have regarding you I can tell you what I know, come find me when you've a bit more time to spare."

The gnome gets a slight twinkle of excitement in his eye as he continues "As for the implements and magical apparatus I have about the room, they are for my trade. As you've no doubt guessed I'm a healer of sorts, what you might not know is that unlike the clerics that more traditionally practice the healers arts I don't rely on divine powers to ply my trade. I've been perfecting techniques involving magic that helps the body heal and purge itself of diseases. I've yet to fully perfect the craft, but fear not I've become quite good at my work and the treatment I used on you will have you the picture of health as soon as can be."

Deepthought
09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Sylvains Perception Check again Sylvain Perception

Q-man
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
{{Sylvain's perception}}
Unfortunately the books are upside down making them difficult to read. What you do notice is that several of them have the same small spidery handwriting as the book the doctor was writing in when you entered.

yukonhorror
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
{{is it ok for me (or you) to make an OOC topic in the forum for OOC stuff, like how to roll and such?}}

Krys waves to the doctor and gestures the others to follow him out of the room, "Thank you doctor. We will stop by later for you to follow up on our illness. We really must be on our way. Come on guys, let's go see the lord."

Deepthought
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
"Indeed, thank thee utmost dear Doctor. I shall be back for the rest of story" Fare thee well". Sylvain follows Krys out of the room.

Q-man
09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
{{Its a good thought Yukonhorror, consider it done. As far as the forum goes creating new threads for topics relevant to the game is fine, no need to get permission.}}

The doctor frowns as you turn to leave "If you must go I'll not keep you. Be sure to find time to visit again soon, I'm anxious to be sure your delirium is truly gone. In other cases it had lasted weeks and months, and seemed incurable. Do not forget my warning either; you need a good nights sleep to clear your head from the remnants of the fever, and its been some days since you've had a good meal as well. It would be well to see to those details before you try any strenuous work."

yukonhorror
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Once Krys is out of the room, he leans to his friends, "He's probably right. Let's take it easy until we have a chance to fully recover. But, I'd rather not keep the lord waiting. Especially considering he is the one with our equipment. Onward Niemansfreund!"

Greendrg543
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Enemere also adds, "While we are looking for the lord we should ask people around town where a good room for rest is available, along with any rumors or events that have happened in the town."

Deepthought
09-22-2010, 11:33 AM
While we're looking for the Lord Sylvain tries to learn whatever rumors about the stange illness and the Doctor he can learn. "I will see what the news is on the street. Few can withstand my charms and the sad whispers of my harp" he adds towards the companions.

Sylvain Streetwise

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Dunno how it can roll a zero....well... I guess Sylvain is really not attentive...

Webimpulse
09-22-2010, 01:14 PM
"If we're splitting up on our way to see Lord Weatherby, then I might as well check to see if there are any temples around, and if there are, what they might know," chimes in Barakas. "Besides, I could use some time for prayer to Ioun and meditation...such activities may help me probe the recesses of my memories to figure out exactly what happened to us that night."

With that, Barakas begins looking for the places of worship in Soldevi. ((If I make it to a temple without incident, please let me know, otherwise please tell me what happens. I'll make my rolls depending on what happens.))

yukonhorror
09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
"It is fine with me to meet with the lord and gather our equipment. How about we meet back here when we are finished. Anyone want to join?"

Q-man
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
{{When I messed with your post Deepthought I was trying to get the dice roller to work. It seems that it hates spaces, you had "roll=1d20 +13" and it didn't like that space before the +. I changed it to "roll=1d20+13" (removed the space) and it appeared to roll correctly. Finding a temple shouldn't be a difficult thing to do, your bonus is enough to pull it off so really the roll is arbitrary. However, something will happen so we'll get to that in a minute once I see where all of you are headed.}}

Helel
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Gideon follows the rest out nodding at the doctor as they leave. "If we are to part ways, I would much like to explore the magical center and trinkets of this town. You are welcomed to follow me, but if not. Merely call out to me and I will return" he says turning away from the group letting the sunlight reflect off his body. He looks around trying to see if people are staring at them as well as searching for strange shops that might be here.

Perception Check

Greendrg543
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Enemere leaves the hospital with the group and says, "Since we are splitting up, I would like to get to know the people and their history and past events. So I will try and find the records hall or town crier and try and find out the town's history." Enemere goes to the records hall or town crier (or wherever records are kept) and looks up/asks about their history.
History Check

yukonhorror
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
"Looks like I am on my own then. That's ok. Have fun without me and don't get yourselves into trouble." Krys gives them a smile and a nod and heads towards the lord's residence.

Q-man
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
As you are leaving Dr. Honaire's study the still morning peace is shattered by an almost animal scream from outside.

Dr. Honaire's eyes open wide and he leaps toward the window peering out side he cries "Blast it all, Podrik's gotten loose again." quickly turning he scoops up a few crystals fro ma nearby shelf and dashes for the door, shoving or squeezing past you as need be.

From outside you hear a man screaming "Thieves! Murderers! You’ve taken them . . . You’ve taken taken them all! The village is empty . . . desolation! Despair!"

When you reach the door and look into the street you can see a villager, eyes wide and wild, careens down the street, drool dripping from the corners of his gaping mouth. Several townspeople chase him through the quiet streets,stopping him before he gets far from the Sanitarium. Again he screams, his back arching as you hear his back pop as the four men try desperately to hold him.

Dr. Honaire rushes too him as quickly as his short legs allow and begins a soft chant while focusing his crystals on the writhing villager.

Helel
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
"Likewise friend, although I fear for you the most Krys. Be careful, let not this lord entrance you in whatever possible schemes may be lurking. Remember we are the Niemandfreund. We are not looked upon with the same grace as others might be." Gideon advises to Krys but in a way to all of them without turning back to his comrades as he looks upon the town. As the man is let loss he looks at the man. He turns to face him sending him a thought of command. The ill would never listen to sane reason. With his tone he sent hs thought. "Fool! If they are gone you might save them! But running out will merely waste the chance you have! You will be taken away like the rest of them if you do not silence!"

Intimidation Check

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Intimidation Check

Q-man
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Its hard to tell if the man pays any mind to Helel's mental shout, he is still struggling against being restrained. He has stopped shouting for the moment, and appears to be focusing on the doctor for the moment.

Greendrg543
09-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Enemere runs and stands next to the doctor, in a defensive position, ready to protect the doctor if the man leaps at him

Webimpulse
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Barakas stays back and lets the others help the troubled patient, but to help he clutches his holy symbol and intones a prayer to hopefully help the patient. "Oh Lady Ioun, Goddess of Knowledge and Clarity...help this poor man find the serenity he needs to put his mind at peace..." ((Let me know if you need me to roll anything for what Barakas is trying to do.))

Deepthought
09-23-2010, 04:23 AM
(Going back on his previous plan) Sylvain goes over towards the patient and speaks to him, using his Word of Friendship to give his words some extra oomph "Calm down dear friend. See here is the good Doctor who has helped us recover, and he will be able to help you as well. You shall need to get well so we can all try to find out what has happened here, and how we can save the good people. Calm now". If he calms down he leaves him with the doctor and decide to follow Krys to the Lord after all, leaving rumors for later. If he continues to struggle Sylvain will stay to watch and help as good as he can, to follow Krys later.

Q-man
09-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Dr. Honaire continues with his chants singing a crystal in from of the man's eyes and chanting softly. With a bit of assistance he's is finally calmed down, then carried back inside the sanitarium. Once he is gone the Dr. Honaire turns to address you.

"Thank you for the assistance, with these extreme cases even my mesmerism can hardly bring them back under control. They struggle to break free then run amok through the town. Its getting so the common folk are afraid to travel alone near here." He shakes his head sadly.

A few common folk who gathered to watch are dispersing quickly, leaving the streets here empty. Before they wander off you get a few words in with them and find out the location of the local temple to the Sovereign Host as well as directions to Lord Weathermay's manse.

{{You can assume that directions to other common locations, like inns and stores, were also discovered at this time.}}

Deepthought
09-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Sylvain will then follow Krys and whoever else decides to go along to Lord Weathermay's.

Greendrg543
09-23-2010, 11:25 AM
"We were glad to have helped Dr. Honaire. Is there anything we could do to help with bettering the containment of the psych-ward patients? If so, we would gladly look for materials or information on how to on our quest."

Webimpulse
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Barakas continues on his task to head to the temple of the Sovereign Host, barring any unforeseen complications or objections.

Q-man
09-23-2010, 02:07 PM
{{Just want to check I know where you're all going:
Krystallos & Sylvain are headed to Lord Weathermays
Barakas is headed to the temple of the Sovereign Host
Gideon is looking for shopps
Enemere is seeking the town records to find out about the locals
Assuming thats right the following will be your results, if I have something wrong let me know and I'll give you the proper information.}}

Its overcast outside, the sun fitfully sends slanting rays down through gaps in the thick clouds.

{{Krystallos & Sylvain}}
You find the Weathermay Manse on a high promontory jutting into the sea. Your knock on the door is answered by a butler, who leads you inside and down a short hallway to the parlor. The room was tastefully furnished with overstuffed furniture
and velvet wallpaper. Shortly after you are seated a ruddy-looking, handsome man rolls through the door in a
wheelchair. His smile is broad as he extends his hand. "“Greetings, friends! I am Lord Weathermay. I am delighted
that you have come. I had been quite concerned when I heard you needed be taken to the Sanitarium, I'm well pleased that you came through the fits. Or perhaps I presume a bit much, there are but two of you, where is the rest of your band?"

{{Barakas}}
The local temple is a pile of rubble and ash from a recent fire. The only structure standing is the groundskeeper's shack, seated in front of that shack is a man in priestly robes apparently in quiet meditation.

{{Gideon the townsfolk easily tell you about the butcher, smithy, Kervil's store, and a pair of taverns (Angel and the Dragon and Lady Rose). It sounds as though any sort of magical or interesting items would either be at Kervil's or the smithy.}}

{{Enemere, you would be told about Kenkiny's bookshop and the Mayor's office. Between them they should have all the books on the history of the town and most of the surrounding area.}}

yukonhorror
09-23-2010, 02:43 PM
"My name is Krys and this is Sylvain. Do not be alarmed. The rest of the Neimandsfreund are checking out the shops and such of the town. We were hit hard, but we'll live. The doctor at the sanitarium informed us you may have our armor and other equipment?" Krys takes a moment to take his environs in.

general active perception

Q-man
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
{{Krystallos' perception}}
Its a fairly plain sitting room. The furniture is worn but still in good repair, ornate enough to seem expensive without being opulent. There are a few paintings on the wall and a few knick-knacks, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

{{Krystallos and Sylvain}}
Lord Weathermay smiles broadly "It seems you're already one step ahead. As it happens your equipment is at those very shops. After the unfortunate way you were brought to town, I thought it would be prudent to have your weapons and armor seen to prior to setting you against the cult. Your gear should all be cleaned, oiled, and waiting for you. I hadn't time to check in on you during your recovery, I take the to good doctor has released you in good health? I'm eager for you to put an end to this cult, but if you're still in need of time to regain your strength perhaps your presence will be enough to keep them at bay."

Webimpulse
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Barakas seems genuinely shocked at the temple's destruction...who or what would do such a thing, he thought to himself...to hopefully glean further info he observes the wreckage from afar, without disturbing it if possible.

Perception check on wrecked temple

Q-man
09-23-2010, 03:17 PM
{{Barakas perception}}
You take a good look at the rubble from a distance, but aren't able to determine what might have caused it. What you can tell is that it wasn't from an explosion or anything, as all the ash and rubble is within the outline of the structure so nothing was blasted out. You still can't rule out other forms of arson, but if so it must have been subtly done.

yukonhorror
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
"According to the doctor and my own assessment, we are ok to walk around but might not be up for an assault on the cult. We'll be sure to visit those shops to retrieve our equipment. What can you tell us about the cult? What exactly do you need us to do?"

Q-man
09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
{{Krystallos & Sylvain}}
"Hopefully your health will return soon. We can still discuss the business at hand. I should start by saying I have no proof of the cult, however I am convinced that something evil is happening. The first sign was the weather, normally this time of year the storms come off the sea. Strong rains and lightning, but no more than you might expect. This year the storms started early, and have come with such power that your risk your life going out in them. The driving rains keep you from walking, and lightning strikes straight down into the streets. Were that not enough there is this delirium, as the doctor calls it. You've seen its effects first hand, but you aren't the first. Many villagers have succumbed to it as well. Dr. Honaire works valiantly to cure them, but at times he is overwhelmed by the number of victims. Even once they are cured, people afflicted by it are changed and act queerly once they are released from care. You might be able to call it unusual weather, but there can be no natural explanation for the disease."

Webimpulse
09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Barakas is still in shock at the temple's destruction, though he can glean no clues just by looking at it...which is to be expected. One can't figure out the contents of a book by looking at it's cover. The next thing he does is slowly approach the apparent priest in front of the groundskeeper's shack. He greets him with a prayer so as to hopefully not startle him: "May the Blessings of Ioun bring peace and clarity. I am sorry to interrupt, but I would like to know...what happened here? How was this temple destroyed?"

Greendrg543
09-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Enemere heads to the bookstore in search of any information about the town's history and/or the cults of the area. Enemere walks into the bookstore with a friendly smile on his face and approaches the counter. "Hello, my name is Enemere and I was wondering if I may browse your collection in search of any information on the town's history and the cult activity of the area. I was asked to your lovely town by your Lord Weathermay, and it would greatly help my cause to know the history of your great town.

Helel
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Gideon quickly goes to look around becoming more curious as he walks by. He decides to head to Kervil's Store. 'Interesting' he thinks to himself as he walks into the store. His body shimmering slightly from the sunlight. His orange coloring was never a good color especially within the countless battles they have been. Deciding he should use true talking speech he forms words and begins to say one of the limited words in he knows how to speak. "Hello" he says as the word sounds almost as if the speaker is unsure of what there saying. Gideon looks around to see anything or anyone.

Perception

Q-man
09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
{{Barakas}}
The priest looks up as you speak and gives you a smile. Then as you ask your question a look of confusion passes over his face "Destroyed?" and he glances around momentarily until his gaze rests on the ruined structure "Oh, yes the temple. Quite a tragedy, lightning from a recent storm struck it and set it ablaze. We must carry on our work despite such minor troubles. The gods hear us as well from this shack as from the altar." He gives you another smile and tilts his head and says without the smile fading "Your face is new here, you must be one of that mercenary group that was brought to the doctor several days ago. Lord Weathermay says you are here to help us in these troubled times. Yet as far as I know we've had little troubles at all, my flock has always come to me with their concerns. Strange that this Lord knows of these problems when I do not. You had best tread carefully, these Lords play strange games."

{{Enemere}}
As you enter the store you are greeted by a middle aged man and woman. The man stands and limps toward you "You are free to peruse what we have. There are some journals here from those who founded the town many years ago, they should have the information you are looking for. It would be quite a bit of reading, is there something in particular you wanted to learn?"

{{Gideon}}
{{Perception check}}
The first thing you notice is that the store is empty, there doesn't appear to be anyone tending the store. The door was unlocked, and its midday so there's no reason to think it closed. As you scan the shelves you see a film of dust over all the items (which range from foodstuffs to small vials of residuum).
As you call out a greeting a head appears from a door behind the counter, only the head and shoulders are visible as the man leans over to peek out. "Who are you?! Who sent you here?" he snaps at you.

Greendrg543
09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
"I was wondering if you had anything on cult activity around the area, it would help me and my friends' search for whoever has been causing problems for your people."
Enemere begins reading the books brought to him by the shopkeeper, in search of any historical information on the cults in the towns history.

History Check

Q-man
09-24-2010, 10:03 AM
{{Enemere}}
You peruse through several old journals. Several of those from the founding of the town almost 500 years ago talk about driving out "the Evil" but none say what that might have been. You come across a few entries of interest in a magistrates journal from 400 years ago. The pages are faded and badly worn so you can't read all of what was written, but you can read this much.


To what end Godefroy has raised this structure, I can only speculate. Surely he has come under some heathen curse whilst fighting in the distant lands. Since its raising, the farmer-folk have sworn of bad crops and evil visitations. Even I have noted the unusual play of heavenly energies that hover and cling round the blasted moor...

...Tragedy has struck! This morn, Goodman Morris came winded from the Godefroy house. He says Lady Godefroy and her child are brutally slain and the blood clings to Lord Godefroy's hands...

...Lord Renier and his young wife have fled the House of the Gryphon, swearing furiously never to return. Again the terrors of that place have struck. He has called for its destruction, but no man will venture near it. I fear the curse thing shall be with us always.

Greendrg543
09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
With this newfound information Enemere kindly thanks the bookshop's owners for allowing him to use his books, and heads towards Lord Weathermay's castle to tell his fellow adventurers of his findings. When he arrives he greets the Lord kindly and waits for a chance in the conversation to tell them about his findings..
"My friends I feel that I may have discovered a lead on the cult activity in the area. A journal I discovered had an entry discussing a man named "Godefroy" raising some structure that has some sort of dark power. It also discussed a murder at Godefroy's house of his wife and child, and that Lord Godefroy was the main suspect of the murder. It goes on to talk about a "Lord Renier" fleeing a "House of the Gryphon" because of the "terrors" it has in it. Do you know any information about these things Lord Weathermay, it may be vital to our search for the source of your problem."

Q-man
09-24-2010, 01:26 PM
{{We'll give Krystallos and Sylvain a chance to talk with the lord for a bit, or at least respond to his last statement, then we'll have Enemere walk in.}}

Greendrg543
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM
{{okay sounds good}}

yukonhorror
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM
"Your grace, why don't you tell us exactly what you need. You speak of storms and such, but we have no control of the weather. Is there any information you can give us with regards to who to talk to or where to investigate? At the present moment it seems like a wild goose chase. We want to help, but we need something to go on."

Q-man
09-24-2010, 03:01 PM
{{Krystallos and Sylvain}}
Lord Weathermay responds "That is the conundrum I have. There are strong suspicions of foul play at work, but little hard evidence. The Dr. Honaire says that the disease can't be spread from one person to another, so intervention of some sort is necessary. The guard have also reported seeing people skulking around the town during the night. These sounds more concrete, but you can argue against them. The intervention for the disease could be some sort of rapid animal. When the guards chase down those sneaking after dark all they find are the townsfolk visiting friends and neighbors. Despite this I am certain that something is going on, but none in town are able to root out the source. I need you to continue the investigation, you are without bias so you might see things in the town different than my own people have done."

Webimpulse
09-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Barakas takes a calm look at the priest as he speaks. Something about him seems off to Barakas, more specifically his obliviousness and the fact that he seems a bit too cheerful in light of what's happened to the temple. He watches the man when he speaks for signs of dishonesty, though Barakas maintains his composure.

Insight check on priest

After the priest finishes speaking, Barakas responds. "If you do not mind, I came here for meditation and prayer to my Goddess Ioun...I hope that doing so here will help me accomplish what I came here to do."

Q-man
09-24-2010, 08:51 PM
{{Barakas}}
{{Insight check}}
There is definitely something off with the priest. His smiles unnerve you, they never reach his eyes. In fact his eyes never reveal anything, they are always the same, never betraying any emotion at all.

The priest, still smiling, responds "Why certainly, all are welcome to honor the gods. The whole world is there temple, buildings are not needed for worship."

He gives you a look from head to toe, then says "You are not part of my flock though. It would please me to know your name. Some details of yourself would help me to minister to you as well. Where are you from, and what brings you to Soldevi?" His smile broadens a bit after he asks you those questions.

Webimpulse
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Barakas seems a bit off guard at the priest's questioning, especially this fervently and...creepily. He answers hesitantly and with minimal information: "My name is Barakas Enma...but certainly if you knew of my arrival and the band I showed up with, you would know where I came from and why I am here. Perhaps we could talk another time...I should not keep my companions waiting," he says, hoping the priest would buy the excuse...

Bluff check on priest

Q-man
09-24-2010, 09:55 PM
{{Barakas}}
The priests smile falters for a bit as he says "They must be an impatient bunch if they'll not wait for you to say your words to the gods. We all have our duties to tend to, if I can help in some way you'll find me here. I do all I can to be available for my flock, even the strays and lost souls that visit our town." He bows deeply and returns to where he was sitting, he watches you walk away for a moment then returns to his meditation.

Helel
09-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Gideon looks around but is surprised by the man who questions him with such suspicions. However it was not without good reason, his very being was strange to many people. The fact of which why he was recruited into the group of "Nobody's Friend". Speaking in his normal telepathic speech once more. "Human male, sir, the many other inhabitants of this town spoke of this shop of having strange trinkets and magical ties. I as you see a strange being of magical ties. Thought it would be a correct path to see what your shop has to offer as well as learn a bit more." He steps out, feeling a bit empty without his scythe on his back. A tool of reaping used many of times to reap the large wheat fields he used to tend.

Greendrg543
09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
With this newfound information Enemere kindly thanks the bookshop's owners for allowing him to use his books, and heads towards Lord Weathermay's castle to tell his fellow adventurers of his findings. When he arrives he greets the Lord kindly and waits for a chance in the conversation to tell them about his findings..
"My friends I feel that I may have discovered a lead on the cult activity in the area. A journal I discovered had an entry discussing a man named "Godefroy" raising some structure that has some sort of dark power. It also discussed a murder at Godefroy's house of his wife and child, and that Lord Godefroy was the main suspect of the murder. It goes on to talk about a "Lord Renier" fleeing a "House of the Gryphon" because of the "terrors" it has in it. Do you know any information about these things Lord Weathermay, it may be vital to our search for the source of your problem."

Deepthought
09-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Sylvain speaks To lord weathermay, using his word of friendship power :" Dear Lord, if you have any more Tidings such As These, vital would it Be for the intrepid solver of grieveous Riddles to Know. Prithee hold nothing back and Be assures of our secrecy." Sylvain Diplomacy with Power Bonus

Q-man
09-26-2010, 09:10 AM
{{Gideon}}
{{I'd like to get an insight check from you.}}

As you leave the store you feel eyes on the back of your head, you turn around and see the shopkeeper watching you through a window in the store. He watches you just a moment then darts over to the door, locking it.

{{Sylvain}}
Lord Weathermay replies to you "There is not much to tell I'm afraid, should any news arise I will certainly pass it on. You might speak with the mayer though. I'm told that the guard has seen creatures prowling the edges of the town in the dark of night. They do not approach though, so its likely not connected. The lands here are thick with dangerous beasts."

{{Enemere}}
The butler escorts you from the door into the room where Kyrstallos and Sylvain are speaking with a man in a wheelchair. After introductions are made you announce your discovery.

Lord Weathermay frowns and gives Enemere a stern look. "What exactly are you implying Sir? Neither myself nor my family are involved with these evil deeds, despite what your journals say. I might also point out that there have been no Godefroys or Reneirs in Soldevi for centuries. It might be prudent to confirm these reports before acting on them."

Helel
09-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Insight

Q-man
09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
{{So a 126 on that insight check? I'm going to have to ask you to roll that again ;)}}

Helel
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah noticed I messed up :D

Insight

Q-man
09-26-2010, 12:26 PM
{{Gideon's insight}}
You are used to getting extreme reactions when people first see you. This seems extreme for that. Shopkeepers normally won't drive you out. They'll be uncomfortable, but will tolerate you in the hopes of getting you coins. Also this guy kept hidden from you the whole time. He seems frightened for his life almost.

Greendrg543
09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
"Please excuse my haste Lord Weathermay, I wasn't insinuating that your family was involved in these evil deeds, I was merely wondering if you knew anything of these events. I meant no disrespect to you or your family."

Webimpulse
09-26-2010, 02:07 PM
((Barakas would head for the meeting point everyone agreed on earlier, unless something else happens. Does anything else happen to/around Barakas?))

Helel
09-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Gideon thinking a bit odd continues to communicate knowing that the shopkeeper cannot block his telepathic messages. "Human male, why do you fear me? Something other than my appearance is unsettling you, that much is obvious. What are you afraid of, I mean no harm to you or your wares. Merely let your thoughts flow and I shall hear without you speaking."

Q-man
09-26-2010, 02:52 PM
{{Enemer, Krystallos, & Sylvain}}
Lord Weathermay says "This house you stand in is the house of Gryphon Hill. My family has lived here for the past hundred years, and has seen none of this curse you speak of. Any evil acts done here would have been settled long long ago. This is the same song that alchemist sang when he came. Just as he learned, you'll find that there is no curse on my house."

{{Barakas}}
As you head to the meeting point you see the town going about it's business. The farmers are setting up a market in the town square. There is little discussion, everyone has ther eyes lowered only paying attention to their work. Even the shoppers have little to say. Those you walk past give you a furtive glance and turn away if they think you are looking at them.

Greendrg543
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
"If you don't mind me asking, who is the alchemist you speak of?" Enemere asks this as politely and sensitive to the Lord's Family.

Diplomacy Check

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

{the roll didn't go through}
Diplomacy Check

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

}apparently it did, will you take the first one since that was my real roll and i was just re-rolling to make sure it would show up?}

Q-man
09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
{{Enemere, Krystallos, & Sylvain}}
"The Alchemist? His name is Sidar Drasth. He came saying he was researching curses, seeking cures and dispel techniques or some such. This was perhaps a year and four months ago now, as with you he found the ancient legends and wished to inspect my house. Had my daughter not been taken by his looks and charm and begged me to let him stay I'd not have let him examine the place. He was renting the house along the cliffs named Gargoryle's Perch for a time where he still continues his experiments. As he and my daughter are now engaged I've given him a room here." replies Lord Weathermay

yukonhorror
09-27-2010, 09:30 AM
"There most likely is not a curse on this house, but he may have uncovered something related to the current strange events. Thank you for your time and patience. I think our course of action for this particular mission will be to visit him, but also a nightly patrol may be necessary. We apologize for any negative insinuation. Just trying to establish the cause for the disturbances. If there is nothing more you can tell us, we will wish you a good day and head back to the sanitarium to fully recover from our injuries."

Greendrg543
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
"Friends let us not forget the good doctor's orders to get a good nights rest. However, I agree that our next course of action should be to see this alchemist and ask him what he knows about these problems. Thank you Lord Weathermay for you time and patience, I appreciate your help on our quest."

Deepthought
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
"To rest, to rest! And then to see Master Drasth tomorrow. Have my thanks as well dear Lord Weathermay, and have thee a good night as well." Sylvain will beckon to the others to head towards the exit and then to the Sanitorium. If we should thus proceed he will adress them outside: "Dear friends, what do you make of the Lord? Quick to anger at the names friend Enemere disclosed, an Alchemist who is engaged to his daughter. Will he find the truth, or whatever grants him the sire's approval? Shall we keep a watch to see his nightly wanderings if there be any? What do you say?"

Helel
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Gideon will head back after getting not answer to the meeting point. "Barakas my friend. How was your travels, it seems to me like the welcoming by the doctor did not extend to the others of this town."

Webimpulse
09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
"Hmph...tell me about it," replies Barakas. "The only other one who treated me pleasantly was this town's priest..." At that, Barakas leans in closer to Gideon to whisper to him. "...and the priest did so in a manner that was most unnatural and disturbing," Barakas whispers. "He could be a lead in what is going on here."

Helel
09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
"Indeed" Gideon says emitting his messages privately to him only. "The shopkeeper was scared of me, but more so. He downright would not say anything and wasn't even less secure when I was out of his shop. Something is troubling them, the signs are here. Something is amiss in this place."

yukonhorror
09-28-2010, 08:59 AM
"Well, let's take the doctor's advice and rest. Why don't we find a spot to eat and relax. I know Gideon and I don't really need a bit, but the rest of you are probably famished. But in case this town is rough, we should go pick up our equipment."

Krys points out a little eatery he noticed on the way to the lord's. "Guys, we can stop by here after we re-equip. Sound good? Alright. Gideon I am sorry that happened. Hopefully, as a group, we won't come across such hostility/oddness. Even though we aren't fully healed, we should still keep a look out for trouble."

Q-man
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
As you leave Lord Weathermay's house he tells you that your equipment is waiting for you at the various shops. Your armor is with Waroth the blacksmith, Kervil's store, or Drasth the alchemist. All were to be repaired and returned to you once you were well.

As you walked through the town on your various errands a few other points of interest might have stood out to travelers such as yourselves. There are two inns in Soldevi; the Blackard Inn on the coastal side and the Traveler's Inn closer to the town square. As mentioned before the farmers are setting up a marketplace. Any of these three locations could contain the eatery that Krystallos pointed too.

Webimpulse
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
"Well, I say we eat first then report back to the good doctor. If we can convince the doctor we are well he can help us get our equipment back, hopefully minimizing whatever strange looks we may get as we do so," says Barakas as he puts a hand to his stomach. He may look like a devil on the outside, but his insides were most definitely mortal, and need sustenance.

Deepthought
09-29-2010, 04:18 AM
"Food then first." Sylvain is still anxious about keeping a watch, but hunger rules.

Q-man
09-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Its around dinner time as you step away from the Sanitarium to get a meal. The wind has begun to pick up, a cold breeze is blowing from the sea through the town. There are a few hours of sunlight left, but the suns rays offer only a little warmth through the clouds. You see several townsfolk closing shutters and bringing their things indoors, muttering about a storm coming.

{{The farmers market is undeterred by the weather, so its still an option. Which place are you headed to for dinner?}}

yukonhorror
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM
"Remember that one time we got ambushed by those orcs in that pub in Sharn. You said, 'I don't want to lug around my blade, let's leave it at the inn' and we decided to leave our equipment behind. Not a fun time buddy. Well... it was fun, but we were not recovering from a debilitating illness. It is a lot easier for me to save your hide when I have ol' Aether near by. It should be a quick stop to grab everything from the local shop owners. While we eat, we can examine it to see if they were telling the truth about 'fixing them.' Ok?"

Krys gives Enemere a nudge on the shoulder and smiles.

Deepthought
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Sylvain reckons that he is a trifle confused with respect to what equipment is located where. "Did anyone catch from his Lordships words whose equipment is where? If so we could each pick up his stuff and then meet for dinner".

Q-man
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Lord Weathermay did not mention what stores had what equipment. He just mentioned where your stuff was sent to.

Greendrg543
09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
"I agree with Krys, we should acquire our equipment first, then eat, for we do not know what perils may lie ahead and we should be as best prepared for them."

yukonhorror
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
"He mentioned which shops our equipment was sent to. We'll just visit them all."

Greendrg543
09-29-2010, 10:23 PM
"Let us head to the armorer first, I would like to obtain my proper clothes, I feel a bit exposed in these tunics...."

Deepthought
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
"Let us to Business then"

Q-man
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
As I said before about the weather: The wind has begun to pick up, a cold breeze is blowing from the sea through the town. There are a few hours of sunlight left, but the suns rays offer only a little warmth through the clouds. You see several townsfolk closing shutters and bringing their things indoors, muttering about a storm coming.

You set off in search of the black smith, a few questions to the townsfolk puts you on the right street and soon enough you are there. As you enter the smithy you see an anvil, a hearth with a roaring fire, many tools scattered about, and more than a few pieces of armor and weapons arrayed on the shelves. A human child, perhaps 9 or 10 years old, is seated behind what you assume is the business counter of the store.

When you enter the young buy stares at each of you for a moment with wide eyed wonder. After a moment he gets his wits about him and stammers out "H-hello, welcome to W-waroth's smithy. I'm his a-assiss... sisstra... helper, Elwin."

yukonhorror
09-30-2010, 08:39 AM
"Hello young man. No need to worry about us, we are with the Lord. We were told he drop off some of our equipment here??"

Q-man
09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
At the sound of voices a dwarf wearing a leather apron bursts into the room from a door behind the counter "Blast it boy, ye were ta come git me when people come in. Yer muther needs ye upstairs, now go on I'll tend ta these folk."

The boy gets a whiney tone "But you said I could be in charge when you're away..."

To which the dwarf replies "Well I'm no away now am I? Get ye upstairs afore ye make me cross" and gives the boy a whack on his backside to get him moving.

Once the boys jogs off, the dwarf finally turns his attention to you. "Well now mayhaps I see the boys confusion now. Ye must be tha' 'venturin group, Norman's Friend or some such. Ye mus' be here ta get your weapons. Bout time ye showed up, 'ad em waiting fer 2 days now. Never heerd o' 'venturers what spent so long unarmed. Give me a moment and I'll grab yer things."

He wanders about the shop for a bit collecting items from various baskets and chests. When he finally arrays everything on hte counter the following items are stacked in front of you:
Inescapable Scimitar +1
Retribution Broadsword +2
Echoing Songblade Longsword +1
Songbow of Vanishment Longbow +1
Summoned Finemail +2
+1 sunblade (broadsword)
handaxe (x3)
+2 breaching drakescale
Heavy Shield
+1 Longsword
+2 shortsword

He tells you "There now, I think tha's ever'thin'. I should say ye lads need ta take better care o' yer stuff though. Took me quite some time ta pound out tha dents in yer armor. An I dare say its been far too long since yer blades felt a whetstone too. Ye'll find em all in good shape now though. Next time ye need em cared fer I'll be glad ta do it, though I doubt the Lord will pay the bill agin."

You'll find all of that equipment has been made almost new again. Any dents or rust in the metal has been pounded out and the weapons have been honed to a razor edge. Were you going for a rugged and worn look you'll have lost it once you don your equipment.

{{Your weapons have been brought to an extremely sharp edge, any attacks done with them will do an extra +2 damage}}

yukonhorror
09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Krys takes his equipment and puts everything where it once was in front of the shop owner. "We have been a little under the weather, and this is the first day we have had the strength to come and recover everything. Trust me, we feel quite naked without everything. This is amazing good man. Aether seems like she could slice this building in half. Do we owe you anything for the fine work you have done?"

With his sword in hand, Krys invokes its power to illuminate the room.

Q-man
09-30-2010, 09:34 AM
The dwarf replies to Krystallos "Nay lad, Lord Byron took care o' the costs. Said ye Norman's folk were doin' some job fer him, so he needed ye well outfitted. Been some time since I seen arms like these though. The other 'venturers what came to town were usin shabby blades o' poorer metals. If'n ye ask me it were a small wonder they weren't much use, beyond emptyin kegs o' ale."

Deepthought
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Sylvain will don his Summoned Finemail, pick up his Songblade and Songbow, stow them, and get out his harp, strumming a few chords and sing a blessing to the smith. "A master of the crafts there was, Waroth was his name. Blade and bow and mail there was, damaged beyond reclaim! He took them up and wrought his craft, making each one whole. If any bard has pow'r to draft, blessed be this dwarf"

Q-man
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
As Sylvain starts singing the dwarf glances to the door he came through and the stairs beyond, then with a grimaces makes shushing noises to Sylvain. As his song is finishing up you hear a thumping as of someone hastily coming down the stairs. The dwarf puts his head in hands and grumbles "Och... now ye've done it..."

You hear a female voice calling down "Such music, can it be a bard has come calling?" and a dwarven woman runs into the room. As she gets a look at those assembled she pauses for a moment glancing at each of you in turn. Her eyes come to rest oh Sylvain's harp and a smile appears on her face. "So you are the one with the sweet voice. I hoped it wsn't Gwydion again, I've heard all of his songs. By the looks of yer companions ye've traveled far. No doubt you've a hunnerd tunes I've not yet heard, please you must stay a bit I would hear all the melodies you'd care to play."

The the blacksmith says "Woman they're no 'ere fer yer amusement. They're busy men! On an errand fer Lord Byron, they've not time for caperin' about with ye."

The dwarf lady gives him a stern glare to quiet him, then turns back to Sylvain with her smile back in place "Never mind him, he's all work an no play. He won't be bothered with the fine art of story and song, I do hope you've a bit of time to spare so I can here a melody or two?"

Greendrg543
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
"Looks like you've got an admirer Sylvain." Enemere says nudging his friend. "Thank you sir for your skill and prowess, I know these weapons and armor will greatly help us in our adventure. Speaking of which, we had a few questions to ask about the town if its not a problem." Enemere says with a kind smile on his face to the smith.

Deepthought
09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Sylvain smiles his most attractive smile. "Of course Milady, I'd be happy to oblige. Song and tales we shall have. I shall sing to your to your hearts content, and I shall soak up any tale I might learn from you, much like a dried out sponge. How is it with you my dear Friends. Will you join us for song and tale and maybe a tiny sip?" Sylvain will wait to see what the companions say, and will then follow the Wife of the smith to wherever she wants to have a song at (that is, either here or upstairs, or in some tavern). He shall be happy to tell tales and sing (and will also see if she has some tale to tell about the goings on here).

Q-man
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
The male dwarf shrugs "Aye if'n ye want. Me wife's more fer tha gossip 'an I am though, but I'll tell ye what I can. Workin metals thirsty work, mayhaps we can chat round tha corner at the Traveler?"

The woman says "He'll tell you all he can of horseshoes and hammers. Anything not done in metal he knows almost nothing of. Those matters are things I pay attention to though." She gives you a sly look "Who is it you'd like tidings of?"

Helel
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Gideon examines the pile and adjusting himself, within the pile his staff seems to be gone. "Excuse me but my quarterstaff seems to be missing from the pile" Gideon says interrupting them.

yukonhorror
09-30-2010, 04:44 PM
"I am sure it is at one of the other shops Gideon."

Deepthought
10-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Sylvain also motions to Gideon, Saying "I am Sure the Quarterstaff is with the other two Shops, it would Not have been Mended by the noble Smith." To the Smith and His Wife He says "Wild rumors we have heard about this Fell fever that spreads, about murders and Dark secrets." He Mentions the Story that Enemere uncovered. "A Beer, As you suggest noblest craftsmaster also much interests me and maybe a Tale of those adventurers you Said that came and went. Who Comes with us to Said Pub? Friend Gideon, do you Want to retrieve your Staff First and meet us hence?"

Q-man
10-01-2010, 07:13 AM
The blacksmith says "Staffs? I dun much work with wood, save fer heatin' ma forge. More like tha' Kervil fella'd 'ave it. If'n ye can get him to speak wit ye, he's a bit cracked of late though."

His wife adds "Used to be he'd just hoard his coins, selling all else at upjumped prices ta overfill his purse. Nowadays yer lucky if he opens his store, nevermind buyin' goods from the man. But ye mentioned the old curse on the Gryphon House, tha's old news. I had checked on it afore, its no part of the Weathermay clan. Would tha' it were, what a juicy bit of gossip that might have been. As ta the fever, ye'd do better ta talk to Germain 'bout it. He's been tending to those what catch it. And I don't mind tellin ye, its no small list either!"

The smith interrupts her "Yer tales can wait till we've some mutton and ale in front o' us. Let me check on the lad Luwin and I'll join ye at the traveler in just a moment."

The woman sighs and gives the smith a pitying look "His name is Elwin dear, not Luwin." Then she looks at the rest of you "Names can't be worked at the forge nor the anvil, so he can't be bothered ta learn them proper. Anything what can't be molded with fire and hammer he makes no time for." she leads you outside "Enough of this hot stuffy workshop, there are songs and tales to be heard!"

Helel
10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
"Kervil... Ah I'm afraid that was the blubbering ole' human male that locked me out of his shop. I will go although I daresay I will be leaving without admitance this time." Gideon says walking off nodding to everyone. "I shall return with any equipment I find. If any of you would like to join just follow." He starts to walk towards the shop.

yukonhorror
10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
"How about we meet you for dinner and drinks in about an hour? It'll give you time to close shop and it'll give us time to gather the rest of our equipment."

Q-man
10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
{{Enemere is headed to Kervil's store again. Where are the rest of you headed? Just curious if you're making him go alone, or if he'll have some emotional support.}}

Greendrg543
10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
"Yes, let us go and get the rest of our equipment first, we shall meet you and your wife at the pub in a short while."

Webimpulse
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
"I'll join you this time, Gideon," Barakas says confidently. "Perhaps I can talk a little sense into Kervil, with Sylvain's help of course," he says giving a knowing smile to his comrade Sylvain.

Deepthought
10-02-2010, 09:37 AM
"Sounds like q good Plan. Sir Smith, Mylady, I'll lend my support to my Friends and then join you for gossip and Dinner As your Husband suggests. " Sylvain will do just that, talk some Sense into the shopkeeper and then join the dwarves for tales.

Q-man
10-03-2010, 10:41 AM
You all head off to Kervil's store. Gideon knows the way and you find it with little trouble. The clouds are thickening up as you walk. It's promising to rain tonight.

When you get to the store the clouds have blocked most of the sunlight, most shops have candles or other lights inside. Kervil's is dark inside however, though the sign in the window still says "Open". You try the handle and find the door unlocked.

Helel
10-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Gideon walks inside, trying to get a look at what's happening in this place. "He believes he can hide from me... with my own treasures. My staff calls out to me. I will find it."

Perception Check

Greendrg543
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
"Here friends let me light a torch before we go inside into a dark house."
Enemere reaches into his backpack and pulls out one of his torches and lights it.
"There we go, this should aid in our search inside the house."

Deepthought
10-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Sylvain will Ready His Sword and follow Enemere inside.

Q-man
10-03-2010, 04:27 PM
The shelves are well stocked with all manner of goods, as they were before. The storekeeper is nowhere to be seen inside. It's difficult to make out much of what is inside with no good lightsource.

{{Gideon's perception}}
You attempt to attune you mind to your staff, and are able to sense it. However the lingering effects of the fever don't let you maintain your focus for long. You know that the staff is near' but not in this room. Most likely it is in an adjoining room.

As you are all glancing around a voice drifts to you saying "I knew you'd be back. This time I'm ready, your wizard overlords won't get the better of me!"

Greendrg543
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
{i thought i lit my torch}

Helel
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Gideon looks onward, feeling the emotion of slight anger and annoyance. "Human male, you have spouted nonsense after nonsense but the time for talk is over. Give me my equipment and show yourself or I shall take it from you!" His mental thought process erupts to all in the surrounding area. The torch light illuminates his body slight.y "Friends I shall handle this."

Intimidation

Q-man
10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
{{You did light your torch, I just missed that in my description. Sorry about that. Here's a more accurate description.}}
The store is lit with Enemere's flickering torchlight. You see several rows of shelves stocked with a variety of objects. Behind the storekeepers counter there is an open door. At a glance you see nothing moving, save for the shadows bouncing from the shifting fire's light.

A short moment after Gideon speaks the voice returns with a touch of scorn "Your equipment? This store and all within is mine! I'll do with it as I please. Were you honest customers I would sell you what you desired. I don't cater to wizard's conjurings."

Deepthought
10-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Sylvain will (assuming this is a new encounter) use his words of friendship power, giving +5 to Diplomacy and speak to the hidden Shopkeeper. "Dear Sir, I beg thee, let me assure you that we are no conjurings, indeed, and by no wizard either. Most honest customers we would aim to be, forgive our somewhat foreign features. The good Lord Weathermay sends us to collect what he has left with you. Our friends equipment it seems has been left in your more than capable hands to be perpared for our quest in the name of Lord Weathermay. Would you not aid us to defeat the evil that is out there? Your name would be most honored in such a quest, for having paved the way to victory with your admirable services. If any payment is needed for material or your time, it will be gladly rendered. I beg you, come forth and let us discuss and do business in peace." Sylvain's Diplomacy

yukonhorror
10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
"Sir, the lord informed us he sent my good friend's staff here for repairs. I am not one to cause trouble, but do I need to retrieve a representative of his to explain the situation?"

Q-man
10-04-2010, 09:15 AM
The shopkeep steps out from deep in a corner behind some of the shelves and says "From Lord Weathermay? You're the ones whose trinkets he gave me? He might have told me of your strange appearances. Tell me then, he had a name for your group. What is it and I should be convinced you're his agents."

yukonhorror
10-04-2010, 09:33 AM
"We are the Niemandsfreund. I guess our arrogance with respect to our reputation got in the way."

Q-man
10-04-2010, 10:18 AM
The shopkeep says "So you know the name do you. I suppose thats enough, not as if I have any other way to verify you. I will of course report this to the Lord, your descriptions should easily identify you. Wait where you are and touch nothing, I'll return with the items I was to hold for you."

He finally fully steps out from the behind the shelves and makes his way across the store to the door behind the counter, never once taking his eyes off of you.

{{Gideon and Barakas}}
You notice that he has a strange way of walking. He keeps all his weight on the balls of his feet, his head is low and his back hunched slightly, and his hands are kept raised to the level of his chest.

As he steps through the door he snaps at you "Stand still, touch nothing". You can hear him rummaging around for a bit before returning to the room carrying a staff and several other items. He arrays them on the counter. Then steps back through the doorway again, and closes the door. You can see only his head through the gap between the door and the frame as he says "Come and take your things, then be gone! It is late and well past time I closed the store down. Know that I'm watching you still, I'll tolerate no nonesense from any of you."

Greendrg543
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
"Thank you sir for your work on our equipment, it will be a great help in our further adventures. If you have some time, I'd like to ask you if you know anything about some of the things we have discovered on our journey. Would you feel comfortable doing this?"
Enemere says this with his most humble and diplomatically kind ways he can.

Diplomacy Check

Q-man
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Grabbing all of the stuff he laid on the desk you find the following:
Quick Hand Crossbow +1
Life Shroud
Shared Suffering Leather Armor +1
Amulet of Protection +1
Psychokinetic Quarterstaff +2
sling

Still hiding behind the door he says "Questions? Questions? I don't want to answer questions. I've done my part already. You have your things, it is more than I should have done. The master will be wroth if I answer your questions. Take your things, and quickly be gone. The sun is yet up and his eye is not yet upon me."

Deepthought
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
"Which Master is this? Not the Lord and up After Dark. Quickly speak if we shall help you!" Sylvain continues Hus diplomatic effort

Webimpulse
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
"It's okay, friends...let him be," Barakas says a bit urgently but reassuringly to the rest of the group. "We have not yet shared what we found with each other, perhaps we can connect the dots, so to speak, for ourselves. Knowledge comes to those who have the patience to learn," he says, with that quote from a holy scripture of Ioun said for good measure.

Helel
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Gideon grabs his staff noticing the familiar warmth on it as his rage calms down. "Forgive me friends when I was still in the caves, this staff was only thing to my name. I still need to find my goggles, this is the last of my equipment. I have no interest in dealing with this place. Let us make haste and be on our way." He says turning to the door.

Q-man
10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
"Take you things and talk with yourselves. Solve your questions elsewhere, I will say no more. You've dragged enough from me already. Spend your time elsewhere, this store is closed". Saying that he moves an arm out through the door to wave you to the door. The rest of him remains hidden in the other room.

Deepthought
10-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Sylvain will Grab His Amulet of Protection and then head to the door. "Off to News and Song and Tale. Maybe we learn some more from the good Dwarves. I suggest we leave the Alchemist to the morning. With him we have more Business than just pickup"

Greendrg543
10-05-2010, 01:19 AM
"Agreed, we don't want to leave our guests waiting for us at the pub too long, the wife surely will be missing you Sylvain.

yukonhorror
10-05-2010, 08:23 AM
"We still have one more shop to visit. It would contain my ornament of alertness."

Q-man
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
{{If I'm not mistaken there are several magic items that you are still missing. The last place that Lord Weathermay said your equipment was sent too was the alchemist. Are you taking Sylvain's suggestion and waiting until tomorrow to see him or stopping there before meeting the dwarves?}}

Webimpulse
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
"I think we have enough equipment to at least defend ourselves if it comes to that. I say we go meet up with the dwarves and visit the last shop tomorrow."

Deepthought
10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Sylvain agrees. "The Alchemist will require a longer visit. Let's Be off to some Tales and News and Ales."

yukonhorror
10-06-2010, 10:39 AM
"As I am never in need of consumption, I'll let you guys meet with the blacksmith. I am going to go see the alchemist and see if the rest of our equipment is with him. Don't worry about me, I'll be quick. With my sword in hand and the armor on my back, I'll be able to handle myself. Be sure to ask his wife about Kervil and why he reacted in such a manner to us."

Krys splits from his friends and heads towards the alchemist.

Q-man
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
{{So Krystallos is headed to the Alchemist; while Barakas, Enemere, and Sylvain were meeting the dwarves at the Traveler Inn; and Gideon was leaving Kervil's store I'm not sure where he's headed though. Krystallos where exactly will you head to find the Alchemist, Lord Weathermay mentioned two places where he spends time (he has a room in the House on Gryphon Hill and was doing research at a house on Gargoyle's Perch)?}}

{{To those headed to the bar:}}
As you walk in the door of the Traveler's Inn you see that it gets busy in the evenings. The common room isn't packed to its limits, but there are no empty tables. There are several serving girls passing between the tables bringing food and drink from the bar to the customers. Behind the bar stands a middle aged woman dressed in black that seems to be in charge, as she's giving orders to the bartender as well as the cook.

As your looking about the room you hear a shout of "Hey! Ye Norman's we've got a table o'er 'ere!". The source of the yelling is the dwarven smith sitting with his wife. She looks a little embarrassed as half of the faces in the room have turned to look at them, the rest of the patrons have turned to look at you.

yukonhorror
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
As Krys gets his bearings, he hopes to find the alchemist at his lab in Gargoyle's perch. Even if he is not present, Krys'll get to reminisce on the many hours he spent in Aeris's lab.

Q-man
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
{{Roll me a streetwise to see if you can find directions to Gargoyle's Perch}}

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Krystallos asks around for a bit and eventually gets directions to Gargoyle's perch. Its a good half hour walk that takes you beyond the current town limits. The directions involve walking along the coast to the higher rocky cliffs. You'll pass the cemetery and mausoleums that mark the current edge of the town prior to getting there. You get a lot of questioning and incredulous looks when you say you'd like to go there, many townsfolk mention that its been deserted for quite a long time and wonder what business would take you out there. More than a few suggest that its unwise to go alone, particularly at this time of night.

The sun is currently setting, not that its easy to tell with the thick cloud cover. The wind has also picked up considerably as the temperature drops a bit more. You're glad to have all of your clothes and armor back, the robes given to you at the sanitarium would not have offered much warmth once the sun has finally gone down.

yukonhorror
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Krys thinks to himself, "Hmmm.... MAYBE I should have gone here with the other guys... Ahh well. I am here now. I'll be sure to run back so they don't worry about me. How much further???"

Webimpulse
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
"Ah! Good to see you!" Barakas heads over to the dwarves' table, disregarding the stares he seems to be attracting. Being the odd one out was something he was used to by now, as it comes with being a tiefling. Sometimes it was best to disregard such negativity; after all, it is caused by ignorance, and as a servant of Ioun it was his duty to dispel it, or at least not inflame it.

Q-man
10-06-2010, 09:57 PM
{{Krystallos you're not going to make it all the way to the front door without something catching your attention. Before we get to that though I'm waiting on Gideon, he hasn't picked a destination yet and I'd liek to know if he's travelling with you or not.}}

{{Barakas, Enemere, and Sylvain (and any others at the Traveler's Inn)}}
The dwarf smiles as you approach "I hope ye dun mind, I didna wait fer ye afore gettin tha first round." He gestures to a pitcher of ale on the table with several clean empty glasses near it "Help yerselves lads, its good ale." He stares at you a moment pondering "Say now weren't there five o' ye?"

His wife waves at him dismissively "Oh let them be. Their friends will no doubt be along soon enough." with a broad smile at Sylvain "There's enough of us around we can swap stories. There's nothing for it, the others will simply miss out. Did Mr. Kervil treat you fairly? He was an always a miser, but normally Lord Weathermay would keep him honest. I do hope you've gotten all of your things back, after his bout with the fever the poor man's been a little .... irrational."

Greendrg543
10-06-2010, 10:58 PM
"Yes Mr. Kervil was a little odd, he spoke of a master as we were leaving his shop, do you know what he would be referring to?" Enemere asks the dwarf's wife.

Deepthought
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Sylvain smiles at thr Dwarves. "i am glad we finally come to Song and Tale, Story and Ale. 'tis As Friend Enemere here says. 'Master will Be displeasd' Kervil croaked from the shadows of His shelves. But in the end we got our Things and we are back here. i can understand if He got Funny After the fever. We are a Hardy lot and it took us out like nothing. We should Swap our fever Tales!" Sylvain will wait to See if the Wife replies to Enemeres question, and if Not Start a grandious Narration of their own Tale, filled up with some Song before asking on.

Q-man
10-07-2010, 07:29 AM
She responds "He says he 'as a master? Well thats new fer him, mus' be some fevered dream he has." Her eyes narrow conspiratorially and she says with a sly smile "Unless he an' tha lord are in cahoots. Tha' were always the way to wring a fair price from him afore. Could be there's more 'tween those two 'an we had guessed. Oh this is juicy!"

The dwarf man shakes his head "Ye know no such thing. It'll be no more'n some fever dream, no need ta throw around blame afore ye know anythin true. Tha' fever cracked 'is wits, ye ask tha Doc German an he'll tell ye tha same."

Greendrg543
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
"Hmm interesting, do you know anything about the town's history? Along with anything about a Lord Godefroy and a structure that he built?"

Q-man
10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
The smith lowers his mug and gives you a confused expression "Godfroy? Ne'er heerd tha' name afore. 'Side from houses there be nothing new built for nigh on a hunnerd years. Ye sure he lived 'ere?"

His wife gives the smith a withering look "Godefroy was the family name of one of the town founders. I think the last of their line died hunnerds o' years ago. I think they built the house on Gryphon hill, where the Weathermays live." She lowers her voice conspiratorially "Its said they were into the dark arts of magic, and their conjurings put a black curse on that house. Even turned some o' their line to necromancy, there are a good many tales about them."

At this the smith rolls his eyes "Och, tales used ta keep the wee children in bed nights. Trumped up an twisted ta be more excitin', pay em no mind"

Greendrg543
10-07-2010, 03:56 PM
"Please, go on, i'd like to hear them."

Deepthought
10-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Sylvain Looks at the Dwarves conspiratorily, Saying:"Please Tell us the Full Tale dear Lady! I should like to make it into a ballad fit for the halls of Kings. And in Return i'll tell the Story of how i acquired my Horns and breath. " Then He proceeds to Order a New Round and Listen.

Webimpulse
10-07-2010, 06:50 PM
"I do have questions of my own, but they can wait. Perhaps you will answer them anyway with these tales, so I will most definitely listen," Barakas says with a nod.

Q-man
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
{{I'm going to assume Gideon has gone with the rest of the party and is in the pub}}

{{Krystallos}}
As you are walking along the edge of the cemetery you see some movement at the edge of your vision. It was coming from behind the fence that encloses the graves. The wind is still blowing pretty well, so it could have just been something blowing in the breeze. The house that you are heading too is within sight, but still a good distance away perhaps 150 or 200 meters away. You can see that its a large two story house built evenly between the shore cliffs and the cemetery. There appears to be a fence surrounding it that has fallen away in a few places. The dim light coming through the clouds doesn't illuminate the structure enough to allow you to make out any details however.

{{Meanwhile, back at the Traveler's Inn}}
Her eyes twinkle as the story is requested she spreads her arms wide and attempts to speak in an ominous voice "It was long long ago when the Lords of house Gedefroy ruled this town, and things were not as they are now..."

When the smith breaks in "Pack tha' in, 'ese be men hardened from 'ventures. No doubt yer stories will nay scare..."

At which point his wife gives him an angry look and whacks him hard on the shoulder. She continues glaring at him with her hands on her hips until he mumbles something about getting another round and wanders off to the bar rubbing his shoulder.

She clears her throat and resumes her story as she was telling it before. "As I was saying, when the Godefroy's ruled this town. They 'ad claimed the title after deposing of a lich who was terrorizing the lands as far as tha eye can see. Tha' were their story 'ey told all who asked. The truth was 'at they captured the lich an' bound him to their services. He taught 'em the dark arts o' magic and performed rituals at their command. A darkness crept on the town much like a powerful storm as their fell magic corrupted the land. It weren't long before townsfolk were disappearing. Slowly at first, mayhaps one a week; but before long whole families were vanishing in a single night. 'Ventually the townsfolk rose up and led by some new heroes stormed the Godefroy house. Inside they found the whole cellar was made into a ritual chamber for working their dark magic. Altars were made for each of the Dark Six along with runes and evil symbols carved into the walls and floor. They nay found the lich, but they brought justice to each member of the family. None of them fought, save for their elder. While they stormed his room and dragged him out he was chanting some spell. When they finally had dragged him outside 'is body went completely limp, as if the life had left it, yet he still breathed. They took his head for justice all the same, but all o' em knew he weren't dead. With that final spell he cast his heart and mind out o' his body somewhere, no doubt to return someday and seek his vengeance."

Some time ago the smith had returned with a full pitcher of ale. As his wife finishes her story he gives a derisive snort, that earns him another harsh glare. He coughs and takes another drink from his mug turning quickly to stare at the ceilings and walls.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

{{Krystallos' perception}}
You stop and take a close look at the rows of headstones. You see two figures amongst them; the first is standing and appears to be looking at you, the second is crouched down and poorly hiding behind one of the headstones. They appear to be deformed humans; their skin appears to be pale grey and somewhat scarred and mutilated. They are only 30 meters from you inside the fence surrounding the cemetery.

Greendrg543
10-08-2010, 09:45 AM
"Hmmm very interesting my lady, is there anything in this tale that speaks of a Lord Renier and his family?"

Q-man
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
She replies "Aye its in tha' legend, its no the more popular bit though. Renier was one o' tha heroes that led the people in their atack on the Godefroys. He were a holly man, an hoped that he could remove tha taint from the house in tha hopes tha' the blight caused would be removed." She stops for a moment tapping her lips thinking for a bit. "Its no clear wha' 'appened to 'em though. They moved in, did their cleansing rituals.... 'an 'en they left. Some say he was overwhelmed by the evil of the place and fled in terror. Others claim he removed every bit of the taint, and left to seek out other places of evil to purify."

The smith hides his mouth behind his mug and mumbles "No doubt when Godfry comes back Renner will come a runnin...", earning him another harsh look from his wife.

yukonhorror
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Krystallos realizes his folly in coming here alone. He has spent this much time to pursue his equipment, he isn't going to stop now. However, he does pick up the pace a bit so he doesn't keep his friends waiting.

Q-man
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
{{Krystallos}}
The creature that was hiding behind the tombstone slowly stands and takes a few small steps toward you. The other one, that was standing, begins to move with a shambling stride after you. Its not moving particularly fast, so its likely you could outrun it, and get to the house first.

{{Assuming you try to outrun it, I'd like an endurance check.}}

{{Krystallos Religion check}}
The lighting is very poor, most of the detail you can get of them is from when the lightning flashes. Those bits of information aren't enough for you to make out much of what they are doing. You can not think of any religion that would require self flagellation to the point that they'd look this horribly abused.


You take off at a sprint to the house, easily out-pacing the creatures. They continue to follow you, one is keeping a decent pace the other following behind his partner more hesitantly. When the creature reaches the fence around the cemetery it grabs the bars and with a shriek of rending metal it tears open a section allowing it to leave the cemetery and continue pursuing you.

As you approach the house you get a better look at it. The architecture seems to be from a bygone age, its similar to what you saw outside of the Weathermay manse. This one has not been maintained nearly as well, many of the windows are broken and the roof over the porch is sagging as some of the pillars supporting it have fallen away. The front door hangs open at an angle, slowly moving back and forth as the wind blows past it. All is dark within, there is no lights from the inside that you can see.

Greendrg543
10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
"Here, the next round is on me friends! Speaking of Godefroy, was there any news of a Gryphon house?

Helel
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
(Sorry, wasn't able to get on in the past few days. I will go with Krystallos. Probably wouldn't enjoy a pub.)

"Creatures of hell, abominations that arrived through the gate!" Gideon says looking back as he runs with his comrade. He tightens his hands on his staff. "I feel a duty to banish such things."

Q-man
10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
{{Ok, so no Gideon and Krystallos are approaching the house with two creatures chasing after them. Lets say that you are pretty close to the house, perhaps 10 meters from the front gate which is another 15 meters to the front porch. Now that you've gotten a better look at the structure, what do you intend to do?}}

{{At the Traveller's Inn}}
The smith's wife looks a little confused "What do ye mean? Tha's what I was telling of. The Godefroy family built tha' place, its where the curse is said to be. Or are ye askin' if the curse is still around? Theres no tellin o' anyone removin' the curse, so if'n it were there it'd still be so. We've seen no signs o' it though. 'Less ye're knowin something tha' be caused by it?"

Greendrg543
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
"Please excuse my confusion good lady, I didn't know the house was called that. What about more recently, have you heard of any rumors around town about the Lord's daughter and an alchemist?"

Deepthought
10-10-2010, 08:13 AM
"The curse, curse it. I might have been speculating about the curse and the sickness and such, but I think we will fibd mire of that than we like soon enough. Now, the Maiden fair and the Alchemist, a Tale fit for any Table. please dear Lady say on!"

Q-man
10-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Her eyes light up as you ask about the maiden and the alchemist "Well now, there's a bit of news thats been on everyone's tongues for some weeks now. Lord Weathermay had been trying to set up a good match for his daughter, Virginia, for some years now. She'd flirt with his picks then eventually find some reason ta spurn the marriage. He dotes on his daughter ever so much in his old age and let her get away with it time and again. Till a year ago when the alchemist comes to town. He went to the Gryphon House to get permission to investigate the curse. Lord Weathermay would 'ave none o' it, sendin' the lad packin'. 'Till his daughter got a glimpse of his looks and heard his voice, the maid was immediately smitten with him and begged her father to let him 'ave a look round. So the Lord relented and Virginia and Sidar spent many an hour together while he did his 'vestigation. When he finally poked 'round 'nuff to satisfy hisself he went off to 'at abandoned place on Gargoyle's Perch to set up 'is labratory. Virginia would come calling on 'cassion to see 'im there." Again her voice drops into that whisper "She's tha on'y one what saw what he does out there, but she'll not speak of it. Says she dun 'member what he was up to. Lord Weathermay won't hear it spoken, but if'n she's no seein' what he's studyin' affer all this time, I think she can no longer go 'bout callin 'erself a maid."

The smith shakes his head "I met with the man Drass, he's a good fella. Keeps out'n yer business and sticks ta yer 'rangements. Seems honorable 'nuff, I canna think he's deflowered the maid. And if'n he did, who's concern be it? They're engaged now, it'll all be made right once the weddin's done."

Hi wife sighs "Oh aye, all will be made right. No one'd think anythin's amiss when she shows up in a white dress big with child. Lord Weathermay ne'er much liked the man, if he sees that he's lain with his daughter afore becomin' 'er husband I'm sure it'll all be right as rain."

Greendrg543
10-10-2010, 03:06 PM
"Niemandsfreud, I believe it is time we visit this alchemist. Perhaps Gideon and Krys have found something there. My lady it has been a great pleasure speaking and hearing these tales from you, you have been an immense help to our investigation. And thank you kind sir for the work on our equipment, it seems to have been brought back to perfect conditions. I will bid you night and go see what our friends are up to."
Enemere says this in a kind voice and stands up from the table, and leaves to go to the alchemists house.

Helel
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
"We are not yet at full strength. Towards the house!" he says taking full speed to the house not wanting whatever is chasing them to catch up to them.

Webimpulse
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
"Before we go though, I just have one more question...hopefully it won't take long to answer, then we shall be on our way." Barakas looks intently at the smith's wife, not getting up just yet.

"Has Kervil seen anyone about his fever? The doctor? Or the priest perhaps?"

Q-man
10-11-2010, 07:26 AM
{{At the Traveler's Inn}}
You begin to hear rain drops landing on the windows and the roof of the inn. Its not a heavy rain yet, but its only just starting.

The smith shakes his head "I dunno think so lads. Tis way too dark ta be headin out searchin' fer folks. Best ye take yer ease here fer a bit, me thinks the Lord wouldna take kindly ta visitors at this hour."

His wife says, pouting at Sylvain "You can't go yet, I've not yet heard a song!"

The smith looks over to Barakas "Oh aye, Kevin wet to see Doc Germin when the fever was on him. I dunno member tha priest 'avin a fever though."

Hi wife adds "Kervil had it early on, the good doctor had not yet found a way to treat the delirium quite yet. I think he went to see the priest after that, hopin 'at the gods might see 'im through. Its an odd question, where else should a sick man turn to?" She leans in closer "Or do ye s'spect them two o' sumthin?"

yukonhorror
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
"Gideon, the place looks deserted. I think we made the wrong choice in terms of where to go. I think our best option is to run back and let them know we found some unpleasant creatures. We'll get to the house, but not enter. We should circle the house to help gain some distance from those creatures."

Krys continues to sprint.

Q-man
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
{{At Gargoyle's Perch}}
Rain drops begin to fall as Gideon and Krystallos reach the house. Its only a drizzle, but the raindrops are pretty heavy chances are real good that it will build into a heavier rain before long.

As you pass the fence you notice that its still in poor shape. All of its length shows some rust some places are corroded to the point that they've crumbled away. The house seems to have fared a little better, there is some considerable rot but it doesn't appear that it will crumble anytime soon. When a bolt of lightning flashes you catch a glimpse through a window of a few crates stacked in one of the rooms.

One of the creatures following them has been shambling along steadily and is halfway between the cemetery and the fence surrounding the house. The other has been moving along less quickly, it seems to be taking a few steps, then glancing back to the cemetery before continuing again; its perhaps 20 meters behind its companion.

Deepthought
10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Sylvain is also getting uneasy about the companions, but he is also a man of his word..."Dear Lady, the good Doctor cured us all and well, and the Lord Weathermay provided for us. But...from what you say, may it not be that Kervil is not fully cured and still suffers from delusions or from something darker...but we shall find that out soon enough! That is what the Niemandsfreund came here for I guess." With that he bursts into song (as Walt Disney would have it). "When world was fairer still a place, my grandsire and his dragonrace, lived in peace and harmony, the world they went themselves to see. So proud they were and to behold, many men and women got. For some they were their mates to be, and so became the the likes of me...." He sings the lay of the Dragonborn as promised (a 5 minute song I guess) and then says: "Alas for Sylvain of the Willow, for I was raised by human parents who never knew my heritage until I sneezed the haystack alight....but oneday, if we solve the riddle of this dark plague, I might find who my Sire was and learn from him!"

Q-man
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
{{Sylvain can I get a Charisma check please?}}

Deepthought
10-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Sylvains Charisma

Q-man
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
{{At the Traveler's Inn}}
The smith's wife has a smile on her face during the whole song. After a bit of singing she hops out of her chair and begins to caper around, its not particularly graceful dancing but she seems to be having a great time. Other patrons of the tavern also take notice of the song, a few clapping or stomping their feet with the rhythm a couple even joining the dwarf in her dance. When the song ends a burst of applause goes up for Sylvain, and a few cheers for another tune.

She looks up at you with admiration saying "That was fantastic! Its a shame your friends are so eager to go, I'd love to hear another. No doubts the the others hear would say the same." She gestures to the other patrons. "I'll not keep you though if you need to go. Perhaps we can meet up again before your business be done." She looks a bit perplexed "You know, I dun think I got yer name, me name is Kyna."

The smith is looking at you quietly for a moment, until his wife elbows him and he says "Eh? Oh, Modri"

Then she continues "Where might ye be stayin? If'n we hear anything else mayhaps we can come find ye ta let ye know."

{{I'm going to assume that while you were here you got some food as well as beer, at least those that were in the Inn. As for the Charisma check your performance was going to be good regardless, that was just to see if you'd improve the town's opinion of your group.}}

Deepthought
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
"Dear Friends, Lady Kyna, Sir Mori! My humble name is Sylvain, Sylvain of the Willow. I am honored to have made your acquaintance. I am sorry to have to say, that we will have to look after our comrades, but I do promise that I will be back to this very spot with you dear friends for more song and tale. We have not yet decided where we will be staying if not at the Doctor's, but I will keep ou updated, and I have a feeling we will need your local knowledge and your husbands strong anvil and hammer again before long. Here is one for the road." With this Sylvain will sing another (hopefully known) tune, bow to the (hopefully plenty) applause, and then head out with the others to look for their companions, not without curtsying to the Dwarves again.
Another Charisma if needed

Q-man
10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
{{At the Traveler's Inn}}
The crowd in the Inn send up another cheer for Sylvain's song, Kyna cheering loudly to be heard. As you all head toward the door, both dwarves wish you well and welcome you back anytime they can be of service. The other patrons whistle at Sylvain, and more than a few cry out for one last song.

As you step outside you can hear a few voices singing a few lines of Sylvain's last song. The rain has picked up a little, its not yet a downpour, but you're thankful for thick cloaks to keep you dry.

{{The same choice comes to you as Krystallos and Gideon. The alchemist has a room at Lord Weathermay's house, and a laboratory at the house at Gargoyle's Perch. Presumably Krystallos and Gideon told you which place they were headed for, and I'm assuming thats where you'd set off toward. The rain has driven most folks indoors at this point, but the folks in the Inn are in a good mood and would probably be more than willing to offer you directions. Give me a Streetwise check to ask for directions, and confirm which place you're headed to.}}

{{At Gargoyle's Perch}}
{{I'm making the assumption that Gideon will go along with your plan, I'll update this if he acts otherwise.}}
The next few lightning flashes let you catch a glimpse of footprints in the dirt and dust on the porch and in the front hall of the house. They were made fairly recently, but you can't be sure if it was within the past hour or a week ago in the flashes of light. Despite this activity, the lack of any light inside gives the impression that the house is deserted at present.

You pause for a moment watching the creatures and they do continue after you. One of them still keeping a steady pace, the other lagging behind. As you go around the right side of the house you see one of them come through the fence after you, the other stops at the fence and rests its hands on the top. You continue around the back, and toward the corner of the fence. As you grab hold of the rusty metal of the fence and start to climb, the collapses under your weight leaving a large opening for you to pass through.

http://www.mindlence.com/RP/PbPSoldevi/GargoylesPerch2.gif

{{From where you are you would have lost sight of the two creatures. If you were to wait a moment you'd see #1 come around the corner #2 is where you last saw it before you ducked around the corner to the back of the house.}}

yukonhorror
10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
"Come on Gideon. We are in no shape to take on these creatures alone. At least we'll have something informative to mention to our friends." As Krys causes the fence to buckle he gets up quick, "Ahh well. Come on, let's get back."

Deepthought
10-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Sylvain will suggest we head towards the Alchemists house, to see what happened to the others. He'll also send out his familiar to spy in that direction. He asks his little friedn to look for Gideon and Krystallos in that direction, watch from afar what he sees on the way, and come back to report.

Helel
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Gideon ponders all this for a moment. He is split between the sensible option to run and his duty to destroy the abomination that he let through. Being apart of the gate gave him these sort of missions. He was responsible for everything that had happened. "Friend, you go I will stay, go get help... I need to destroy these abominations. It is my duty. You may go I will put this world at peace once more." He says holding his staff up ready for battle.

Q-man
10-13-2010, 11:34 AM
{{I feel its worth reminding you both that it was a half-hour walk from the village to Gargoyle's Perch. Granted you were seeking directions and possibly taking a few wrong turns. Regardless it would be at least 40 minutes before anyone could return with help, so if things go poorly the help would only arrive in time to give you a proper burial. I'm not sure how your characters would react to that, but it is the current situation. Now, assuming you'd like to stay and fight those creatures, roll me initiatives and we'll see where it leads.}}

yukonhorror
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
"Gideon, it is too far to bring back help while you stay. If you MUST stay, I can't leave you behind. If these are creatures of the night, may the daylight of Aether save us."

Krys readies his sword, his shield, and his mind for an all-out assault.

Greendrg543
10-13-2010, 01:10 PM
"Damn this weather! Its making it almost impossible to see where we are going" Enemere says to his companions, "But we must continue on to help our friends in their search."

Helel
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Gideon nods smiling to himself to have his fellow comrade with him. "Let's fight onward my brother. May these creatures be destroyed!" Gideon gets ready for a mental barrage of attacks.

Gideon's Initiative

Q-man
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
{{Now I wish I had spent a bit longer on that map, I guess we're stuck with it for this combat. I'll update it as needed and repost it. There are some faint markers that denote squares hopefully they come through enough that you guys can figure out distances. As it happens, the Creatures roll better than you guys and get to go first.}}

The creature makes its way around the house and walks along the back wall toward you. The other one remains out of sight.

{{It is now Gideon's turn}}

http://www.mindlence.com/RP/PbPSoldevi/GargoylesPerch3.gif

Helel
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
(Sorry guys, this week is my sister's wedding so my computer been taken up and I have been busy. Hopefully after this week, I can be able to psot more.)

Gideon moves over the broken fence as well next to his comrade as to prepare for battle. "Creature your mind is weak, you have never seen me. I am forgotten in your mind" said Gideon as he cast Memory Hole {At Will} at Creature 1.

Intelligence vs Will

If Hit I become invisible to the creature till my next turn.

Q-man
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
{{At Gargoyle's Perch}}
Gideon reaches out with his mind to effect the creature, which at this distance is easily recognizable as a zombie, but somehow its will manages to overcome the attack.

{{Its now Krystallos' turn}}

{{At the Traveler's Inn}}
Barakas, Enemere, and Sylvain set out to find the alchemist's lab in the house on Gargoyle's Perch.

{{I'm still looking for a Streetwise check to get directions to the place.}}

yukonhorror
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
"Gideon, stay close. I'll make sure this fiend focuses his efforts on me." Krys moves past Gideon to put himself between the creature and his friend. With shield and sword in hand, he places a mental suggestion on the grey being to attack him and him only and focuses his core's energy to provide him with extra vigor and life.

Deepthought
10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Sylvains Streewise check

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Sylvain turns to his comrades..."I have a feeling we ought to go this way !"

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

*sorry for the multiple roll...I added the last line via quick reply and it rerolled....the first one obviously was the original*

Q-man
10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
{{At Gargoyle's Perch}}
The zombie turns its gaze away from Gideon when Krystallos steps in front of it. It lunges forward and swings its rotting arms with inhuman strength hitting Krystallos square in the chest {{12 physical damage}}.

The other zombie is still out of your sight. {{The position on the map is the last place you say it.}}

{{Back in town}}
After talking with a few folks Sylvain gets directions to Gargoyle's Perch. Everyone asked gives him strange looks as well. A few comment that its dangerous to travel outside of town at night, while others comment that there must be something going on with so many groups headed that way.

Assuming you set out right away it will take about half an hour to reach there. You did get fairly good directions, but its dark out making some of the landmarks difficult to see. Someone in the group give me a nature check to see if you can shave off any of that time by not losing the trail.

Webimpulse
10-18-2010, 01:28 PM
((Can one make a Nature roll untrained by any chance? If so I'd like to try.))

Greendrg543
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
((i have a 7 untrained in nature if thats cool to try?))

Q-man
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
{{Untrained rolls are allowed. I don't require training for many checks, but if it comes up I'll mention it up front.}}

Webimpulse
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
((I'll go for it then, my Nature check is the same as Enemere's, that is, a 7))

Barakas' Nature Check

Q-man
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
{{that would be enough to offer assistance, but not enough on it's own to shorten the travel time.}}

Deepthought
10-19-2010, 07:06 AM
So after successfully asking his way round, Sylvain will give a try at reading the trail, but beware... Sylvains Nature

Greendrg543
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Enemere tries reading his surroundings to get a sens of where they are, and how to use the directions given to them by the townspeople.
Nature Check

Q-man
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
{{tree huggers, you are not.}}
You follow the directions as best you can to get to Gargoyle's Perch. It takes you about 25 minutes to arrive.
{{You'll arrive before the fight is over so give me initiative rolls. I'll fill you in once you arrive.}}

{{In other news, its Gideon's turn.}}

Greendrg543
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Enemere's Initiative

Helel
10-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Gideon looks onward as he sees his comrade hit by the hand of the zombie. "Necromancers must be afoot within this village..." he says to Krystallos. "Is this what spooked them?" But shakes his head, he needed to destroy them. "Your trials are futile, there lies only dust for you." He says casting Dishearten.

Vs Will

Hit Roll

If Hit, Target takes -2 penalty to attack rolls till the end of my next turn.

Deepthought
10-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Here goes Sylvain Sylvains Initiative . Did Sylvains familiar see anything conspicous?

Q-man
10-20-2010, 08:15 AM
{{I'm sorry I should have said before, I'm debating how to rule the familiar. According to the books they can only go a short distance away from you (I think its like 20 to 40 squares or something like that) before they are unsummoned and return to their passive state. That seems a little limiting to me, but I assume there's a reason they put that rule in place. Just to keep things moving, I'll allow it to scout ahead; just be forewarned that after further thought I may change how I handle these things.
I'm looking at my copy of your character sheet and I'm not seeing any information on the familiar. It lists the feat, but not the type of creature, name or anything like that. Even if i'm being dense and overlooking it, would you mind filling me in on what it is?}}

{{Sylvain's Familiar}}
As the creature hurries along the trail toward Gargoyle's Perch it goes past the graveyard. At the edges of its vision it would catch movements, as if creatures were skulking around. However, when it turns to look for the creature all is still. Its possible that the flashes of lightning are causing shadows to jump and dance as if something was moving.

As it approaches the house it sees Gideon and Krystallos running from the graveyard, with two creatures chasing them. It doesn't get close enough to hear what they say, but they stop and talk quickly before setting off again around to the back of the house.

{{I'm assuming its now seen enough that it would turn back and report on what its found, if not let me know what it'll do.

As for Barakas, Enemere, and Sylvain you'd be able to get the information from Sylvain's familiar as you are setting off to Gargoyle's Perch. However, you haven't arrived yet so I'm withholding the description of what you see until you actually get there.}}

{{At Gargoyle's Perch}}
Again the zombies will prevents Gideon's mental assault from affecting it. You're starting to think that whoever created these creatures imbued them with an unusual amount of their own will. You think you have it within you to overcome this, but it will take more concentration than you had expected.

{{Krystallos' turn}}
The zombie lets out an inhuman scream as your attack hits. You see a few massive chunks of its rotting flesh fall off, but it remains on its feet and able to fight.

It then focuses its red eyes on you. You see its hand glow with a deep purple aura as it raises it over its head to bring down in a crushing strike against you. The attack slams down into your shoulder you feel your skin and muscle being crushed {{8 physical damage}}, then you feel some of your skin rot as well {{5 necrotic damage}}, as the zombie follows through with the attack you are knocked down {{Pushed 1 square, so you are standing against the fence next to Gideon, and knocked prone}}.

{{It is now Gideon's turn}}

yukonhorror
10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
"Go back to where you came from you unholy mound of flesh!"

Krys takes his glowing blade and strikes down hard. The chunk of flesh removed transforms into a protective barrier for Gideon and himself. "Gideon, stay close. This wall should protect us both. We will prevail."

Deepthought
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
{{Probably the familiar info gets lost in transferring files....I still have it in the companion section of CB, but here's the Short Info: Sylvains familiar is a Least Air Elemental called Lofty (ok no brownie poinst for originality here...). It flies (hover, 6) and can pick up up to 20 pounds and carry it for 5 squares) As for its strategy, that's perfect. And of course, I did not check range rules. Just let me know if this does not work in future. }}

Helel
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Gideon realizes that maybe he needs to set up a plan that wildy attacking his opponent. Calling upon his powers not as a psionic but as a Shardmind he separates his consciousness and his body soon follows. His body erupts into a swarm of shards that quickly surprise the zombie, his shards swarm one space from behind the zombie reforming his body as so. In doing so he had set it up perfectly for flanking position. Now tapping into his psionic augmentation he powers his former technique up to new heights. Speaking only "Dishearten..." he allows his mind to surge forward an attack.

Shard Swarm- Automatic (Move Action)- Target is given combat advantage to me and I teleport half my speed. I also spend a power point to augment my dishearten. Same as last time but in addition, the target cannot make an opportunity attack till the end of my next turn.

VS WILL

DAMAGE IF HIT

Q-man
10-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Its focus intent on Krystallos the zombie hardly seems to notice as Gideon flies through it tearing off pieces of its rotting flesh. Despite the damage it hardly seems to be phased, and its evil gaze remains locked on Krystallos.

{{Krystallos' turn}}
You get to your feet, and the creature's will is overcome by your attack. Its gaze falters for a moment as it falls to the ground at your feet.

{{Zombie's turn}}
The first one staggers back to its feet then swings its arm out at Krystallos trying to grab him. Krystallos is ready for the attack and easily dodges away from its flailing arms.

{{And around again to Gideon's turn}}

Q-man
10-22-2010, 11:10 AM
{{Also as a reminder, I'm waiting on Barakas' initiative}}

Helel
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Gideon readies his quarter staff. The creature was falling apart, and yet it was intent on hurting his friend. He rushes forwards towards the creature flanking it. He speaks not only letting his staff rush towards the abomination.

Attack Roll (Flanking)

Damage Roll

Webimpulse
10-22-2010, 06:07 PM
((Ack! Sorry I took so long with Barakas's initiative roll, please don't hurt me :( But here it is, hopefully it's a good roll...))

Barakas Initiative

Q-man
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
{{Not a problem Barakas. Wasn't sure if you forgot or if I had missed it somewhere else in the thread. Sorry for the long delay, this past weekend was a bit of a mess so I wasn't able to get in here.}}

{{Gideon and Krystallos...}}
Gideon's staff strikes the zombie square in the chest, but the undead hardly seems to notice and continues attacking Krystallos.

Krystallos lashes out with lightning at the zombie which its far to slow to avoid, leaving a scorched and smoking circle in the center of its chest. The creature shrieks in rage as the holy energy tears into it.

The zombie gives Krystallos a look af pure hatred and channels necrotic energy back into its fist and slams Krystallos in the chest {{8 Physical damage + 5 Necrotic damage}}. Looking south along the edge of house you see the other zombie edging along the fence until its able to see around hte corner to where you are fighting.

{{Barakas, Enemere, and Sylvain...}}
Hearing that your companions are in combat with some undead creature you hurry through the rain to find them. Lightning cracks momentarily brightening the landscape allowing you to see the rows of tombstones in the graveyard, and in the distance the house, at the far corner of the house you could make out several forms grappling with one another.

{{I'd like a perception check from the 3 of you as well. As for Gideon and Krystallos the others are too far off for you to see; between the distance, darkness, rain and zombie distractions you haven't seen them yet.}}

{{We're back to Gideon's turn, and here's an updated look at the battlefield}}

http://www.mindlence.com/RP/PbPSoldevi/GargoylesPerch5.gif

Deepthought
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Sylvains Perception

Greendrg543
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Enemere's Perception

Webimpulse
10-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Barakas' Perception

Helel
10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Gideon takes his staff and attempts to hit him again. He would decimate the zombie until it noticed him. "Stop ignoring me!" he says thrusting his staff upward towards the zombie's fleshy head.

VS AC

DAMAGE

Q-man
10-27-2010, 09:10 AM
{{Enemere and Sylvain...}}
The darkness and rain is keeping you from making out too much. You suspect that the creatures fighting behind the house includes Gideon and Krystallos from what Lofty told you, but you have no idea which is which and who's winning.

{{Barakas...}}
As the lightning flashes you are able to make out that Gideon and Krystallos have the zombie surrounded, by all appearances they have the fight under control. There is another figure in front of the house thats not involved in the fight, you've no idea what its up to though.

From the corner of your eye you catch movement from in the graveyard. By the time you turn your head the lightning flash is gone and you no longer have a light source. You've no idea what might have moved or how big it was, but you're pretty sure something stirred, whether it was something blowing in the wind or another creature you can't be certain.

{{The three of you are now in the encounter, you'll take your turns after Krystallos.}}

{{Gideon...}}
You strike the zombie square in its back, mashing hte rotten flesh under your staff. Again the zombie seems undeterred by your attack and keeps its focus on Krystallos.

{{Its now Krystallos' turn. I don't think you have posted your actions in the OOC thread, unless I've gotten out of sync with the posts in there.}}

Q-man
10-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Krystallos' first attack harmlessly scorches the ground as the zombie knocks off his aim. The second blast burns a hole in the zombie's stomach, spilling some of its rotted entrails. {{The zombie is now bloodied.}}

{{Enemere's turn (Sylvain is next)}}

Greendrg543
10-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Enemere readies his swords and says, "Look friends, I believe that that is Gideon and Krystallos up ahead fighting with some odd creatures, let us go help them!"
Enemere moves forward and over to the rocks on his left.

Deepthought
10-29-2010, 04:13 AM
"Enemere, I'll move tiwards that thing, and once you move in I'll use some magic". Sylvain steadily moves forward to get a better view of the Creature in front of them.

Q-man
10-29-2010, 06:24 PM
{{Enemere double moves forward. Sylvain's turn, Barakas is next.}}

Deepthought
10-31-2010, 03:29 AM
Sylvain carefully moves forward, Sword ready to see what is fighting whom.

Q-man
11-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Sylvain is able to walk to the entrance of the fence surrounding the house. At the end of his movement he glances to the side and sees another creature standing there with its hands on the fence. Its apparently intent on watching the fight, and does not appear to have noticed you moving toward the house.

{{Barakas turn}}

Webimpulse
11-04-2010, 01:30 PM
"No point in suffering this undead creature any longer. Monster, you pervert knowledge with your existence!" Barakas proclaims as he draws his scimitar, uttering a prayer to Ioun and advancing towards the zombie Krystallos and Gideon are fighting.

((I don't have time for rolls right now, gotta get back to work. But my intention is to move to engage the zombie using Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead. Any questions, post them here, will post rolls later.))

Webimpulse
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
((Okay, I wanna move as close to the zombie as possible. If I'm within 6 squares after I move, I want to Abjure Undead as mentioned earlier. Here are the rolls to do so.))

Barakas Wisdom vs. Will attack vs. bloodied zombie
Radiant damage if zombie is hit

((If I hit, I also pull the zombie 5 squares towards me. If I miss I do half damage and pull it one square.))

Q-man
11-06-2010, 10:21 AM
{{unfortunately you are too far away to reach that zombie. With a double move you'd be within range of the zombie by itself. It will take at least 3 movement actions to reach the zombie Gideon and Krystallos are fighting.}}

Webimpulse
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
((Okay then...one other option I have is my Quick Hand Crossbow. It's got a range listed as 10/20 - am I in range for that weapon after I move toward the zombie Krys and Gideon are fighting?

Also, sorry I took so long to respond.))

Q-man
11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
{{The crossbow has sufficient range to reach that zombie, after you move. Roll up the attack and damage for that.

Also just as an update here's the map after all the moves.}}

http://www.mindlence.com/RP/PbPSoldevi/GargoylesPerch6.gif

Webimpulse
11-11-2010, 07:32 AM
((Okay, here goes the crossbow attack...))

Barakas plinking zombie with crossbow
Damage if hit

Q-man
11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Barakas bolt flies toward the melee, but does more to worry Gideon than the zombie.

Then the zombie lunges out to grab hold of Krystallos, who manages to get his shield between him and the zombie driving it off.

The other zombie, which was not in the melee turns about when the rest of the party approaches. It glances around in a way that can only be described as surprised. Then it dashes off between Barakas and Sylvain and makes its way toward the graveyard at its best speed.

{{Its not Gideon's turn (Followed by Krystallos)}}

Q-man
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
{{Seems like Gideon is away for a bit, so we'll come back to him. Krystallos, what would you like to do?}}

Q-man
11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
{{Sorry after Krystallos' second wind, I forgot to say that it was Enemere's turn}}

Greendrg543
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Enemere moves towards the nearest undead creature and casts sword burst turning his sword green, as he brings it down onto the creature.
vs. reflex
damage if hits

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

so to clarify, the check to hit is against reflex not intelligence