PDA

View Full Version : Chill 2e game needing a couple more!

daddystabz
09-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I am starting a Chill 2e group (Mayfair edition) and we can use 1-2 more players. I want to keep the group relatively small. If you have never played before and/or not familiar with the system do not worry because I can give you all the materials you need to play. The system is quite easy and is based on a percentile set of mechanics.

We are looking to begin soon and I was thinking of a weekly game on Friday evenings but Saturday is also an option if that works better for you. The game will be very stylistic with a lot of horror genre tropes and lots of fun.

Any interest out there?

pfmgamer
09-20-2010, 04:44 AM
What hours are you thinking for your Friday game? I ran a long-standing campaign of Chill from the original Pacesetter rules set, but also enjoy the Mayfair revisions. So I'm definitely interested if you're still looking for players.

daddystabz
09-20-2010, 05:23 AM
I am thinking in the late evening. What hours work best for you? I was going to GM the campaign but if you are an experienced Chill GM would you have interest in GM'ing the group possibly? We were thinking of having the campaign take place in the 1800s to really capture that Hammer horror movie-like vibe possibly.

pfmgamer
09-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Evening would work fine for me. Early evening is better, but that's only because I get up about 1:30 a.m. and work until 3 p.m., so if it goes too late I'll get pretty loopy. I'd be happy to take turns running Chill so that we each get a chance to play, too.

daddystabz
09-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Taking turns might just work. Do you think we should set it in the 1800s or in present day? I am going for a Hammer horror movie vibe as much as I can. Do you work on weekends at all? I am just asking so I can see if Saturday might work better for you than Friday.

pfmgamer
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Fridays would actually work best since I'm already in Columbus that day. I like the 1800s setting, but modern-day could also be a blast. For that matter, exploring the origins of SAVE in the 1800s and the demise of the organization in modern day on alternating adventures could provide some interesting counterpoints too.

daddystabz
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
We seem to be thinking along the same lines. I was considering having the players make sets of characters for both periods. One set for the 1800s and one set for the modern day. We could have adventures in both periods as we wish.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I have the Mayfair Chill Companion....it just came in the mail today. Are you familiar with it? I am considering using the additional Luck rule and broad skill list from it. What do you think?

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

One thing I'm worried about is the time at which you have to be at work. Do you work on Saturdays? I am worried that if we start at like 6 or 7 pm on Fridays and you have to be up at 1:30am for work on Saturday we may not have much time to game.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Can you please e-mail me your name, e-mail address and phone # to jonathan.baldridge@gmail.com? I will add you to our e-mail list.

pfmgamer
09-21-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I have the Companion too, but I'll have to dig through some boxes.

I don't work weekends, that's why I thought Friday evening would be the best time, I can leave work, grab some dinner, play a while, and drive back to Zanesville and get some sleep.