PDA

View Full Version : Need a DM's opinion!!!!!

colubragens
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey,

What happens to a evil player when wielding a holy artifact to kill its original wielder?!
Artifact in question is excalibure. The Dm change the entire story after i argued that their had to be some fight for ego control over the sword. Anyway he then completely changed the events which changed the story ending of our final adventure of that campaigne world!!

The evil pc in question was a magical construct of my friends pc which was linked to him magicaly; but was evil. If the clone died so did my friends pc so My DM and friend agreed to change the story to say my friend was possed by an evil spirit. What am i as a player supposed to accept as my final end to my legacy?! the original version or the created one?!

thanks a bunch

cplmac
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Now, I don't claim to be an authority on Excalibur, but I don't remember it actually being a Holy Artifact. I was on the understanding that it was a rather powerful magic sword, but not a Holy Artifact. Then it may just depend on which particular story you follow. As for your DM, it ultimately comes down to the fact that it is his or her game and they get to run it how they see fit.

Was the game primarily ran following the "original" version of the story or had it varied and steered toward the newly created story? As long as one version or the other was used, there shouldn't be any problem. However, if the "original" version was used for the bulk of the game and it was just changed to the new version at the very end, in my opinion, this not good for continuity. I will be curious to see what the other DMs from P&PG say, especially some of those that have been in the DMs chair for far longer than I have.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Three thoughts come to mind:

1) Excalibur is not a holy artifact. cplmac is correct, here.
2) No ego with a construct...hence, immune to the ego of the sword.
3) If the construct was...eliminated, i wouldn't kill the player connected to the construct, just the connection; but hey! I'm not the DM. His game; his world.

This is if memory serves. It's been a while.