PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the City

jaybutton
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I am getting ready to run the Dresden Files Role Playing Game in Broomfield Colorado. I have four players and am looking for two more. The Dresden Files Role Playing Game is a game of contemporary fantasy. That means that it is the current date, but creatures of myth are real. They hide out of view of the world at large in order to protect themselves from humanity. The player characters are in the know about the supernatural world. Many of them will be supernatural creatures themselves, but some might just be normal people who stumbled into the supernatural world.

Players will need to pick characters that can pass for human. Wizards, werewolves, goblins, ogres, vampires, and the fey folk are just some suggestions for possible characters. Minotaurs or satyrs wouldn't work because they are too inhuman. Also, the characters need a reason to be heroic. Some of the games will involve people in need to help. If the player characters don't care, then the game won't work. The characters don't have to be altruistic. Maybe an apprentice wizard is required to help others as part of his internship, whether he wants to or not. Maybe a werewolf is vengeful towards the creatures who made him what he is and now he wants to get back at monsters in general. Or maybe a player character feels like he should do something about all the really nasty things out there because it's in his power to do so.

This will be a very story driven game. I enjoy providing my players with interesting NPCs and encourage my players to make interesting characters themselves. I also try to work the player character's backgrounds into the story. There will be action (it keeps things exciting), but the action will be there to support the story rather than being an end to itself.

If you are interested, shoot me an email. I already have four players and would like two more before I start the game.

jaybutton
04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
This campaign is now over.