PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars Season 3!

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I've watched this trailer every day since it was released, to say I am excited is an understatement!
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001074.html

Ashoka with visions of the future, The Night Sisters, more Cad Bane, Republic Commandos in action, new battle droids, more Mandalorians, amazing looking space battles, and new Jedi Knights! Yes please!

SDJThorin
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Drroooollll!!!!!

lockend
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Season 3 rocks! Haha but the latest episodes have me routing for darkside, like not the evil, just the dark, episode 17? I think it is really gives me pause to think; about how the darkside is a tool, it's the power of destruction, the necessary force for change in the galaxy

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-13-2011, 08:44 PM
While there was for sure some espousing of the idea that the light needs to be balanced with the dark, I think in the end it resolved to the dark side is a blight on the force and needs to be abolished, as Lucas has always stated. These episodes for sure seemingly throw a wrench in the works but they can be hand-waved as being just the ravings of 3 misguided individuals.

Such good episodes none-the-less!!!!

Slipstream
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree, they were good. The music that played while Anakin was told about his destiny about the balance and then during his test was quite cool. The vision Ahsoka had tells me that that may be a foreshadowing of a certain future television series.

As for the story overall, the whole idea of the prophecy should of never been broached in the movies. It seems purely EU-centric info and provides very little payoff to the general viewer of the movies. I understand the value-add of the underlying story of the Skywalkers, but including it in the films alienated the viewers. I agree with the Youtube reviewer, Plimpton (or whatever his name is) on his closing thoughts of the prequel trilogy. Aside from all the bad direction, scripting and plot, endless discussions on on couches or CGI hallways: the real reason the films were disappointing was that they failed to truly connect to the audience.

To bring this back to the discussion without it seemingly like I'm going off topic: The Clone Wars, at its best, has been connecting with it's audience. Unfortunately, when I've brought this up, the damage appears done. You can see it in people's eyes and they'll rattle off the dialogue they've been repeating since 1999: the prequels suck. GL sucks. He's in it just for the money. At least I can enjoy a fairly good animated series and looking to see what it does to hopefully begin rebuilding fans' overall trust. It could use some legitimately funny humor again. Perhaps we'd have to wait for The Dark Times series. A ton of hype is riding off that show.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I have a feeling there is going to be very little humor in the live action series from what I have been hearing. The Dark Times wouldnt be very dark if there were plenty of humor. But I agree. Trying to talk to anyone about the PT just results in the same bs they spew over and over. I enjoy the Clone Wars for what it is. An awesomely animated cartoon that provides further glimpses into my favorite galaxy.