PDA

View Full Version : Local groups

Raventree
08-21-2010, 12:07 PM
I strongly suggest you add a "find a group" section that is separated by state. It can be difficult to find roleplayers in your area that are doing the same thing as you, so browsing posts made by people in your local area would be extremely helpful. I am surprised this isn't already here. Did I miss it somewhere?
I see a section for local meetup groups, but I am talking about just local players looking for other local players.

cplmac
08-21-2010, 07:08 PM
You should be able to basically do that by choosing the Players button at the top of the screen. If you enter a specific milage, it will search using that as a radius from your location. As for it working for groups, that may not really be reliable. Many groups are actually for games that are run online as opposed to locally. My group is just one example of that. Have you checked out the Campaign Invitations section. Yes, it requires time to sift through all the entries, but it does show how far from you that this campaign is meeting.

Raventree
08-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the help. I struggled to figure out how to do the same thing on the wizards site, since they got rid of their forums by state. It seems that they have done something similar with their arrangement. You can't just browse posts by state, and see who is looking but you have to instead harass players in your area that may not want to be bothered.

cplmac
08-22-2010, 09:18 PM
In the Campaign Invitations section, if they have filled out all the info on their game, it should show how many players that they are looking to have at maximum and also show how many players there currently are. That should give you a good indication if they are still looking for players, provided that the DM/GM keeps their info updated in a timely manner.