PDA

View Full Version : D&D Fresh (Unnamed) Campaign

Balmonte
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
So I was browsing the player list the other day and found someone in my area with recent activity looking to start a D&D game. After a few private messages back and forth we decided to look for others interested in starting a campaign. This is the resulting thread.

I, personally, haven't played yet, and I'm looking for a campaign to get started. The other player, gwendolynbear99usa, has played D&D on and off for the past few years. That being said, neither of us feel comfortable DMing (yet).

We need a Dungeon/Game Master who:

Is willing to deal with new player(s) (ie. Me and any other beginners who might reply)
Is willing to start a fresh campaign (level one characters)

Won't be too brutal on us the first few sessions (ie. 5 elites or impossible challenges for our level 1s)

It's up to whoever the DM ends up being whether they want to use their own campaign settings or the prefabricated ones through the books/online. I have no idea how or what to DM, but if you need anything specific, please ask.

We need players!
As it stands, there's only 2 of us. Our ideal group would be 4-6 players. There's no restriction to who can or can't play. We need people willing to roll up a new character, and start.

Right now, we don't know the specifics of roleplay/combat ratio, but the two of us so far would prefer a more story driven campaign, so anywhere to 50% roleplay/50% combat to 75% roleplay/25% combat.

Edition?
I personally have the 4e core books, but I'm willing to try 3.5. The other player in the group has the 3.5 core books, but is willing to try 4e. It basically comes down to what the majority of the other players and DM prefer.

Times
I'm available most days after 6:00pm EST. On days I work closing shifts, 9:30pm at the latest. The other player is available after 5:00pm, and free on weekends. Once we get people interested, we'll decide on meet -up times and frequency of games. Since we want more story driven games, we'd prefer weekly, or twice a week if possible.

tl;dr
We need a DM
We need 2-4 more players
4e or 3.5, depending on what everyone else prefers.
Mostly story driven.
Weekly, or twice a week. Once others give availability we can decide.

Thanks for at least checking the thread out, and I hope we can get a game going soon!

-----------------------------
Edit: The players we have so far have decided on a 4e campaign.

Alviaster22
08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Pity... I was going to join if it was online... oh well

Balmonte
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry about that. The people we have so far all want the "genuine" experience, sans the capes.

We're still looking for a DM, but if need be, one of the players we have is willing to step up to the plate for us. So far there's 4 of us PCs, possibly a 5th if one brings their friend. That being said, we have 1 or 2 player slots and a DM spot open , then we can decide on the first (and possible weekly) meeting time and location. So far, it seems there's two of us that want to do 4e, and two that are indifferent, so it seems that's what we're playing. Again, anyone's welcome to join us, player or DM, so don't be afraid to ask :D

Alviaster22
08-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah Again,
If you had vent or skype and were using it I could very well play... seeing as i have Players handbook 1 2 and 3 Monster manual, and DMG all for 4th ed lol. Anyways good luck and I hope the new guys have fun. It all starts from there.

Count Zero
08-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I've been looking to start a game; I've got many years of GM experience with a lot of different systems. How old is everyone in the group?

Balmonte
08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Hmm, that's something I didn't think to ask. I can only speak for myself, and I'm 18. I'll be sure ask everyone and get back to you. We'd love to have you as a GM, then we'd just need another player or two and we can get started.

Count Zero
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Any news?