PDA

View Full Version : Red Ash; Free Game System

Chris J
08-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Hello all,

I have been working on a generic rules set for RPG for some time. It is now at a Beta v1 release and I would like people to test the system and let me know what you think.

What makes Red Ash different is it is designed from the start to make custom species, both playable and non-playable (encounters/summons/pets).

Species are made using a point buy system that uses the start population as the points. The point you left over are not only the starting population in that world, but also affects your earned xp granted from combat. Playable species also come in 1 of 5 size categories. If you have played on a gaming board think of the smallest playable species, Tiny as taking a 1x1 space, Small is on 2x2, Medium is a 3x3 Large is a 4x4 and Huge is a 5x5.

In addition to custom races Red Ash has a different view on weapon and armor.

Weapons are not limited to just doing damage or a specific damage (i.e.: slashing) they can do many types of damage based on how he wielder uses it in combat. For example a Gladius (Design for the thrust and the slash) in the hand of a user can swing the weapons pommel down on the opponent head for bludgeoning damage. While this attack does not do as much damage as a slash or peircing attack your opponents armor maybe better protected against slashing and piercing damage. And besides a critical strike may damage their armor directly. Weapons also have speed adjustments that affect your position in from one round to the next. While a great axe does wonderful damage it is slower than a dagger. And lastly some weapons also have special features like most chain weapons can bypass a shield.

Red Ash supports a multi-root, multi-tiered skill system. Even spells are skills.

The Red Ash site has all the rules free to use. Please let me know what your think and what you feel needs adjustment. Keep in mind balance in Red Ash is no more than a fair price for powers and enhancements. This system is meant to be for those that want an unfair edge in combat, because to the victor goes the spoils!

In the mean time I will be working on adding a LOT of new species to the system.
http://www.redash.org

All the Best!
Chris J

Sona
09-09-2010, 12:16 AM
good sharing about the games

Chris J
09-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank You I hope to hear of your experience and opinions of the system.

All the Best,
Chris J

Chris J
08-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Update.

I have added quite a bit more to the system rules since my original post. More work to be done, but stop in and take a look.

All the Best,
Chris J