PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Benchmarks: Request for Feedback

Dragonfly
08-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Howdy folks:

I worked these benchmarks up for Resistances. These are similar to the ones that I posted a few weeks ago, but I expanded the superhuman range to account for certain characters. There is a Version A and a Version B. Let me know which one you think works best for Supers!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35643158/Supers-Bench

Once I get these finalized, I'll work up a DC Universe version.

Best,

Dragonfly

nightstoat
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Good stuff there, I love doing comic character conversions :)

I prefer version A as they give more of a spread, but looking at the rules and the supplements I can't see any character with a resistance above 5D so maybe version B is more in line with the spirit of the rules?

Dragonfly
08-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey nightstoat,

That's my feeling exactly. It seems weird to have Spider-Man and Hulk with the same Fortitude Resistance, for instance, so Version A is my preference. That being said, Version B seems more in line with the published materials. Maybe we can just say that the Supersville Universe is simply lower-powered than the Marvel Universe (in the same way that the Marvel Universe seemed lower-powered than the DC Universe - at least until recently)?

I haven't actually played Supers! yet, however, so it's hard for me to judge what makes sense in terms of play. Would going with a Fortitude 7D Hulk or Thor in anyway break the system? Is such a move unnecessary due to other system mechanics, like armor, etc.?

Any further thoughts?

Best,

Dragonfly

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Oh, and one more thing. Feel free to critique my placement of the characters in question. I'm pretty confident with my Reaction and Fortitude rankings, but a little more iffy about Composure and Will. I'd love another set of eyes with regards to the actual interpretation of the characters.

Best,

Dragonfly