PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Shadow

yukonhorror
08-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I wanted to see when the Dark Sun game was officially coming out and came across Heroes of Shadow (http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/280880000).

From what I get, this is how new classes will be introduced instead of a full PH. I kind of like this. It will be very focused, and I am hoping it will be like a X power and PH combined, but just for classes. What I mean is that it will have as much content for the hexblade as there is for the barbarian in the PH2 and primal power combined.

Smart on WOTC's part, because you don't have to come up with new races (probably will have shadar-kai though), new generic feats, or some new game mechanic (hybrid classing/backgrounds/racial paragon paths, etc...).

Also, I am excited to see what the new classes (not assassin, but hexblade and necromancer) look like. I am assuming no PH4, because the release date is the same as the previous 2 PH's. But we'll see, no?

Thought I'd share.

kirksmithicus
08-09-2010, 10:48 AM
That looks pretty cool. One of my players wants to play a necromancer. He keeps telling everyone that it is not really evil. "After all they weren't using those bodies anymore anyway, and with union wages it is really the only sensible alternative".

I don't know about the official release date for Darksun, but the game store that I play at has a "premier" status so they get the books a little early.

yukonhorror
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
It is August 17th I think. But back to topic.

I think the best thing about this book will be how to play a class like necromancer without being "evil". Anti-heroes are fun.

Argetlahm
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Personally, I can't wait for this book. I want to see what the other shadow classes are like.

lomifeh
08-23-2010, 11:40 AM
This looks like it can be pretty interesting. The wannabee Arthas from WoW on the cover is amusing though.