PDA

View Full Version : Starfire - D&D4E | Sci-Fi Setting | LFP in SE Pennsylvania

JHyde
08-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm an experienced GM who hasn't had a chance or a group to play with in just about a year. In that year, in my spare time, I've developed a concept for a homebrew campaign universe I'm rather anxious to give a try. To that end...I need players. My old group has kind of scattered or aren't interested in getting back into it, so...

Game Concept
In a time of upheaval, intrigue, and adventure... Dungeons & Dragons goes to space! All your 4E races and classes and mechanics, set in a far distant future universe. If it's in 4E, it's in this game somewhere. The Universe is inspired by various Space Operas(most notably the Dune Novels and the Star Wars Universe) and still feels like D&D but in a new, and original package. The players will be a group of characters coming together for a common purpose, as would be expected, but I don't want to give too much away here. If you want to know more, please just ask. I'd like to get started pretty soon.

Misc. Information
Starting Level: 3
Ruleset: D&D 4th Edition, with a few house rules changes
Setting: Science Fantasy, High Level Technology, Magic, Interplanetary Travel
What You Need: A good Imagination, A Willingness to Participate, A Set of Dice

Gametimes are "To Be Determined" at the moment, but you can pretty much figure on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, approximately twice a month. Location is still to be determined as well, but that's pretty flexible.

If you're a local, or relatively local and willing to travel, please let me know!

Hellfirematrix
08-06-2010, 05:50 AM
sounds like a cool setting
count me in!
~bri

shadz
08-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm intrigued, but would like to know more about the setting. I would like more detail on how you plan to balance a sword with a blaster, so to speak. If you don't want to reveal more detail on a reply, feel free to send me a PM instead.