PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the groove.

PerennialRook
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm excited to be back in Oregon.

I usually play about once a week on Friday nights or Saturdays, although I have gamed nightly back in some of my darker days. I've been playing since 2000, starting with D&D 3ed, then D&D v3.5, some Whitewolf and on into World of Darkness, and somewhere in there were a few HERO system games.

I have experience GMing, and though I prefer to play, I would be willing to start up a homebrew D&D v3.5 campaign. I do not, nor have I ever run established game worlds (a.k.a. Forgotten Realms, Ebberon, etc.), although I have never had a problem playing in one, I find it to restrictive to adhere to someone else's vision of a fantasy world when I'm running a game.

In general, I prefer role-playing to hack n' slash, with well thought out and played characters who interact with the game world and each other naturally. I cannot abide min-maxing/powergaming (although I have been accused of such), and think that such players a suited better to videogames than tabletop rpgs.

Farcaster
03-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Welcome, PerennialRook! We also host forums for the Portland RPG Group in your area. Check them out at http://portland.penandpapergames.com