PDA

View Full Version : The Band of the Grinning Orc - A Forgotten Realms Campaign

evilishmael
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

Do you have what it takes to join the Adventures of "The Band of the Grinning Orc"? --
Will you join Shump the Half-Orc barbarian and his Master, Kara-Tur native Fong Su-Yuk on their quest for power and adventure?

Shump and his great sword "Slammy Sammy" need allies! Fong the wiley and self interested rogue and his Servant Shump need help!

Are you able to handle the humor of Jean-Luc Contrer? A sembian who has left the family he used to work for to find adventure? And what are these strange powers that Jean-Luc has?

Strange things are afoot in Cormyr! The party has just exposed a false temple of Mystra and now find themselves in the Vast Swamp, dealing with darker evils! ... Join the adventure!

----

I run a 3.0/3.5 edition game. I have a substantial financial investment in 3.0/3.5 so I am not interested in running a 4ed Game.

I live in Sherman Oaks and I've been running a game for the past year with three great guys. Right now we alternate the location of the game between my house and one of the player's homes. The game is always either in North Hollywood or Sherman Oaks. We play almost every Sunday from 12-6. Sometimes we run later depending.

Unfortunately we just lost one of our players to Law School. So currently there are two players and myself the DM. We are looking to add at least 2 more players to our table.

I run a cinematic style of game play where story and characters are the main focus. I incorporate music from movies and overall try to make sure everyone is having a good time. I use the rules but I am not a rules lawyer. Progressing the story is what matters the most to me.

I also incorporate some home-brew rules & reward systems.

I run mainly in the Forgotten realms. I work a lot and running a campaign is a large time investment. So right now I am not open to running outside of the forgotten realms. The only two exceptions might be the 7th sea world and Rokugan.

I always meet new players in a "meet & greet" prior to introduction to the game. I like to meet people and get to know them outside the game table prior to them joining the game for the first time. So I'll buy ya a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I like to make sure that new players are a good match for the group.

Also, anyone with an ACTING background is totally awesome. I love to have my players role play out situations, and it makes the game so much more fun. So, if you are looking for a fun group, with a focus on Plot, Character & Storytelling Adventure, We might be the group for you. Send me a private message and we'll chat.

Looking forward to making new gaming friends.

Ben

Gamer
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi,

are you still looking for players? i just moved to glendale and am also new to CA. i have some experience playing but it was years ago. would you consider a fairly new player for your group? i'm totally up for meeting you before hand and I would prefer that anyways. a little about me quickly... i'm 35, non smoker, a musician, and super anxious to get back into gaming!

hope to hear from you!

steve

Hey guys,

Do you have what it takes to join the Adventures of "The Band of the Grinning Orc"? --
Will you join Shump the Half-Orc barbarian and his Master, Kara-Tur native Fong Su-Yuk on their quest for power and adventure?

Shump and his great sword "Slammy Sammy" need allies! Fong the wiley and self interested rogue and his Servant Shump need help!

Are you able to handle the humor of Jean-Luc Contrer? A sembian who has left the family he used to work for to find adventure? And what are these strange powers that Jean-Luc has?

Strange things are afoot in Cormyr! The party has just exposed a false temple of Mystra and now find themselves in the Vast Swamp, dealing with darker evils! ... Join the adventure!

----

I run a 3.0/3.5 edition game. I have a substantial financial investment in 3.0/3.5 so I am not interested in running a 4ed Game.

I live in Sherman Oaks and I've been running a game for the past year with three great guys. Right now we alternate the location of the game between my house and one of the player's homes. The game is always either in North Hollywood or Sherman Oaks. We play almost every Sunday from 12-6. Sometimes we run later depending.

Unfortunately we just lost one of our players to Law School. So currently there are two players and myself the DM. We are looking to add at least 2 more players to our table.

I run a cinematic style of game play where story and characters are the main focus. I incorporate music from movies and overall try to make sure everyone is having a good time. I use the rules but I am not a rules lawyer. Progressing the story is what matters the most to me.

I also incorporate some home-brew rules & reward systems.

I run mainly in the Forgotten realms. I work a lot and running a campaign is a large time investment. So right now I am not open to running outside of the forgotten realms. The only two exceptions might be the 7th sea world and Rokugan.

I always meet new players in a "meet & greet" prior to introduction to the game. I like to meet people and get to know them outside the game table prior to them joining the game for the first time. So I'll buy ya a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I like to make sure that new players are a good match for the group.

Also, anyone with an ACTING background is totally awesome. I love to have my players role play out situations, and it makes the game so much more fun. So, if you are looking for a fun group, with a focus on Plot, Character & Storytelling Adventure, We might be the group for you. Send me a private message and we'll chat.

Looking forward to making new gaming friends.

Ben