PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Invitation: Post Options and Editing

jpatterson
08-02-2010, 11:39 PM
As per Farcaster's instructions, I created a Campaign Invitation for my Social Group to carry out my play-by-post game there...

1. although there is an "Is this an online game?" question and a field to specify what kind, there's no pull down for a pre-set type (PbP) but that may be the usual.

2. I attempted to edit my post there today, that I made yesterday, and it allows me to go through the motions, but when I click Preview or Save, it displays the following on the screen: (not sure if this link works: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/editpost.php?do=updatepost&p=146154)

vBulletin MessageMissing Required Campaign Fields:

- Genre
- Online Game?
- Looking for Players?

I have no way to edit or change any of these - is it possible to do so at all? How do you update or alter these, or do you just post new updated information in new "replies" to your original post, such as the new number of players you're looking for, etc.?

Tigerfire
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I am having the same issue. I would like to edit the title and the player number but can't seem to do this. Please help/

cplmac
08-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Usually you have to be editing the very first/initial post in order to change that information. As for that vBulletin message, are you leaving those items blank? If you don't give an answer for them, that would be reason for the message. If you have an answer in those fields, you may need to send Farcaster a PM about it. Just remember that he get about 100 or so PMs a day, so it may take him a bit to get back to you.

jpatterson
08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
No I filled everything in on mine, selected all the fields, the whole bag, it saved fine initially - it was just when I attempted to go in later and edit that it gave me trouble, and only even gave me the option to edit the post text, none of the options at all, didn't even show up on the screen whatsoever. Yah it obviously isn't going to fix itself so I might as well PM the admin. Thanks C.

Tigerfire
08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Same thing here. I will add my PM to the pile.

Death Rattle
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm having this problem as well

Farcaster
08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Sorry for the delay in fixing this. I was in the midst of GenCon madness when this came up, but it is now resolved and should be working fine.

Tigerfire
08-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Looks like it is working. I got most of the things fixed. Still can't Fix the Original title in the Forum listing. Though I can understand why. That could cause major havok. There should be a preview button or something.... hey look a preview button. Okay so then I could use a hand that comes out of my screen and smacks me until I remember to use the preview button. :boxing: