PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shui - Lost Island

jpatterson
08-02-2010, 01:50 AM

In Lost Island, the PC's start out as contestants on an international version of a Survivor-type reality show, on an island in the South Pacific, but there may be more going on than it seems at first...

This is a play-by-post. Once it starts, it will be updated every Sat and Wed. I created a Social Group for this game as Farcaster, the site admin, instructed me to, and it will take place in the Social Group's forum.

Feng Shui: Lost Island - Social Group/Forum (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=335)

More About Feng Shui

Feng Shui is intended to be a fast-paced, exciting and stunt-filled cinematic extravaganza of chaotic heroism against the forces of evil and crime, in the vein of Hong Kong martial arts and Hollywood action movies, sometimes with some unusual metaphysical twists. In general, I think of Feng Shui like a Hong Kong (or Hollywood) action movie, with the GM being the Director, the players being the Actors and playing Characters in the movie.

Basically, a typical Feng Shui adventure (and good solid action movie, usually cheesy) includes: loud and fiery explosions, gunfights, hand-to-hand brawls involving headbutts or swordfights (or both), hitting someone with a chair, a fall from a scaffold or impossible leap from a window (or both), a car chase, wiping out countless oblivious thugs, revenge for a kidnapped, crippled or dead partner, friend or family member or love interest, swinging on something, falling debris, being captured, escaping, threats, revealing of evil plans, gloating, bad heroic quips and puns, and a driving story, though it isn't always going to be an award-winning brain-twister, so players will need to rely on wits as well as weapons.

If this sounds like your cup of oolong, drop in!

jpatterson
08-04-2010, 10:12 PM
"Anyone? Bueller?"

If you're interested in trying a play-by-post martial arts action game set on an island using a pretty simple system where you can pick a character type like Big Bruiser, Karate Cop, Ninja, etc., please feel free to join the Feng Shui: Lost Island Social Group/Forum Play-by-Post Game! (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=335)