PDA

View Full Version : Grimm Atlanta

badjuju
07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I've been in Atlanta for a few months, but so far I'm a little discouraged. It seems like most of the gaming group are outside the metro area, and I'm limited to MARTA range myself. SO! I'm hoping to host a game at my apartment (well, my friend's apartment; I'm just a guest for now).

The Game:
Right now, I'm really excited about the Grimm RPG by Fantasy Flight Games. As I write this, I'm planning to GM, but if there's anyone in the area that would like to instead, well I won't stop you. :p
The theme is mainly about adventure: the players play children (usually 9 to 12 years of age) that are trapped in a twisted fairy tale world known as the Grimm Lands. Sub-themes include horror (most creatures in this world want to eat the children, and are unpleasant in general), action (swordplay, running for your life, puzzles and traps), and intrigue (the PCs tussling for leadership, figuring out who - if anyone - can be trusted, and what it will take to get back to the Real World).

The Location:
I've been in Atlanta since February, staying with my friend and his brother until we can upgrade to a bigger apartment. We're in our late twenties, so we're mature enough (usually). The apartment is in a gated building on the west side of Downtown, just up the street from the Georgia Dome. We have air conditioning and no pets. Any smoking will be outside on the balcony, and we generally discourage alcohol though a few beers would be okay (in fact, we have some left over, if anyone likes Bud Light).

The Time:
This is very much open to discussion. I'd like to run once a week, and I'm still looking for a job so my schedule is open for most any day (Wednesday evening belongs to another group). So if you're interested in this game even a little, let me know and I'll try to find a day that would work best for the whole group.

Koffbasher
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I am also new to Atlanta, and disappointed in the number of groups I have found. aka 0 groups. I Have never played Grimm RPG but, as long as your willing to teach me the rules I will gladly play.