PDA

View Full Version : looking for a game...?

dragonmamma
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I have 2 games I am looking for...:
#1-Witchcraft--while on the PG&P chat room I met Phishstyx who runs an online Witchcraft game on Saturday nights (locally about 6pm-9pm, he lives on East coast). We are looking for 1 player to blend into our group...There is a character that is already in the game that we would like to be taken over by the new player if possible. if there is any interest please let me know.

#2-I am also looking for an AD&D game-it has been a while since I played but I think I can pick it up fairly quickly. I can play almost anytime and am even open to hosting in my garage, HOWEVER I have my 3 yr old son that would probably need to travel with me so the atsmophere would need to be child tolerant...I am looking for a babysitter but am new to the area so it will take time...any interest please PM me.
Thanks

Imbibovita
03-08-2007, 03:53 PM
This is a perfect lead in to another topic I want to bring to open discussion. At other sites the only real way to find a game is to post in the forums and hope someone notices and a match is made. We, the lucky few, have another way which is to actually message people on the site.

Since they set their interests and whether they are looking for a game (or for players) it is really fairly easy to find a few potential matches and contact them.

Here is the question I pose to you. Should we have posting for games in the forum?:confused:

My opinion is no. I think it adds a lot of clutter. Then there is the fact that people rarely contact the organizer and tell them when the game is full or that they found a game. And there are those who, in their words, are "always looking for a game" and want the post left up indefinitely. To me this ends up making a forum look sloppy. Since we have the search we should use that. Now I suppose we could also create a separate "games" forum for people to post, but I still think we should just use the registry since that is why it is there.

Thoughts??

Farcaster
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
As an aside, I am planning on adding a much better interface for posting "Campaign Invitations," that will completely replace posting games on the forum and be much easier to search and use. In the meantime, if you don't want to have campaign postings in this forum, your members are still free to posting in the "Campaign Invitations" forum under the main forum listing.

Edward
03-09-2007, 03:00 AM
I think we do need a place to post ads, whether in the forum or somewhere else. I don't think posting in the main forum is a good long-term solution, because you would have to scroll through ads from different geographic areas. There needs to be a way to look through ads specifically in the Portland area.

Messaging isn't ideal, because it doesn't allow for group discussion. If five people are getting a game together, they need to be able to view each other's posts, rather than having to message four different people.

Perhaps the new feature Farcaster is planning will solve this.

Imbibovita
03-09-2007, 11:23 AM
That is a very good point. My issue was always the old ads that never got taken down. I don't like clutter. I think people are less inclined to read the forums if they are not easily accessible.

I like the idea of a separate area though! I'm looking forward to see what Farcaster comes up with!

Until then I could create an additional "games postings" section?

Edward
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Until then I could create an additional "games postings" section?

Sounds like a good idea.

dragonmamma
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
And yet still no one has expressed interest in a game...sigh...I swear I shower regularly, and brush my teeth every night...I only bite on full moons and I always have wine available...I will post my longing for a game on what ever board is created...I just couldn't find one made yet so...I cluttered (oops).

Imbibovita
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I feel your pain... I havn't been in a game that lasted longer then 4 months in so many years....

Occasionally I'll get something going for a little while, but then someone moves, or the GM gets too busy, or the other players plot to gang up and kill me and my wife (in game of course). Its so frustrating that I have stopped actively looking because the longing isn't as bad as getting your hopes up over and over.

The good news is if we get this little community rocking I think it will help us all find games to our hearts content.

damnielle
04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah, i want a d&d game too but alas.......... i am also new, have a 9mo daughter and am reluctant to go the babysitting route still. i have a r game my hubby runs on sundays which i cook for, even still there are only 3 ppl for that one (including me and hubby)
/whine

Farcaster
04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Move to Seattle and I'll run a game for you. ;)

Imbibovita
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
You know... I'm almost desperate to do that.

jade von delioch
08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
theres a Ad&d dragonlance game on saturdays afternoons/evening at Empire Games on SE foster and 80th st.