PDA

View Full Version : Players looking for GM.

AgentZero
07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
We are three players looking to collaborate to create a game that would be interesting to both Players and GM.

At this time it would be a small group of the three players and but we would welcome more players. We would be willing to game on almost any day of the week. We would be using the GURPS 4th Edition Rules, knowledge of these rules is required. We currently know how to use Maptools, but we would be comfortable switching to another system if the GM preferred another system. We have a great source file and would be willing to teach the basics of Maptools to any gm or player interested. Prior GM experience is recommended although not necessarily required.

Possible Ideas Could Include:

A zombie apocalypse in a steam/cyberpunk setting
Possible virus or drug in the far future that has spread across the densely populated areas causing a already delicate society to be driven underground. could be a story of survival, search for a cure, or something less grand in a less than hospitable setting.

A mythology mashup setting
A alternate history type thing. Where all premodern cultures are at their height Greeks Norse Babylonians Persians Asian cultures Egyptians roman's ect. The myths and gods that the cultures hold are real so titans frost giants Servants of Anubis all do exist. Lot to work with here so the exact focus could widely vary.

Supers setting
We had a game going a while ago that just had some bad scheduling issues. Pretty much was a classic supers setting where individuals had unique abilities in a roughly modern enviroment. Similar to heroes aproach that it is still fairly secret about these abilities but some individuals and groups do see the potential to profit from such gifts. The group we had was not good nor evil but just kinda was... They themselves decided that when a group was after them it was time to move to the otherside of the country. Could follow the same group roughly or a brand new one in the same setting.

Deep space
A classic space setting, maybe the players are on a exploration team or battle ready vessel in time of war. Lot to work with here could be dealing with multiple races or just humanoid, a utopian star trek society or cyberpunk or somthing else.

Colonization
A twist of the space idea, a colony vessel dropped on a one way trip their ship the first maned vessel to the first out of home solar system colony. Maybe their not alone...

Time travel
Time police, inter time criminals, lost in time. Buncha crap could happen in this type of setting

Dungeon crawler
Heck I bet our group could even get into a good ol' medieval dungeons and dragons treasure hunter type game

Threw these ideas out on the spot take em leave em cannibalize em... let me know your thoughts

Please respond with any inquires at theagentxero@gmail.com or just post below.

shadovar
07-29-2010, 07:11 PM
still looking for a gm??

sabanknight
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Ya still looks like we are looking, we have two requirments which seem to be coming up we want a Voice chat program to be used ie ventrilo or teamspeak we have the servers just gotta know what you want to use. Second some visual aid program, we use maptools because I had built a nice source file for it and because its our comfort zone, but if you have a good visual tabletop program... sure we would be willing to use it but I think we really want these 2 things in the game.

munchiemadness
08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I could DM for y'all, but I am not going to use a visual aid program. I will use skype or ventrilo. I would be able to run a dnd 3.5 dungeon crawler or even campaign if y'all could commit to a night once a week. Pen and paper games are mental, you do not need visual aid programs as long as I describe everything well.

sabanknight
08-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Still think we want to opt for a virtual tabletop, description is lovely but we really want the visual board to go with the game, and unfortunately the only system all of our group knows well is gurps.

Dragon_wolf
08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
If you are still looking for a GM, I have played and GMed many thousands of hours in 3rd edition. I do have 4th edition stuff. I won't be able to take on any new GMing until after labour day, but I would consider it if you are still looking then.

My preferred genres are a bastardized Cyberpunk, Cthulu, Modern (Mercenary or Detective story style) and Fantasy.