PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Dark Heresy

Chaosate
07-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Hello all. I recently moved to chicago and I am looking to either play in or GM a Dark Heresy campaign. I am also looking for a good, not too serious D&D game. I am open to new things, so let me know if you live near me and are up for a game!

Trodamus
07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I might be interested. I'm over in Lakeview by the Belmont redline stop. I work 9-5 m-f, but with my fiance I might have other time restrictions as well; can you be any more specific as to when these sessions may happen?

Also, what age are you and/or your prospective players? I'm 27.

Edit: for some reason I did not see your original message. Anyway:

I'm in the same boat as you: generally interested in finding a group, wouldn't mind DH / RT or d20 related things, though I have been living in Chi-town for quite some time.

Chaosate
07-22-2010, 01:36 PM
well, i didn't really have a specific time... it's pretty much all up to the players (assuming i would be GM) because my schedule is pretty free. I am looking for players of all types, everything from power gamers (to keep the party alive... Dark Heresy is brutal) to rules lawyers to 100% roleplayers. I just turned 25 and the other person i have who's interested is the same age as i am. It's possible i could have one more player also, and she's 24 but is not a definite.

Shakey
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi guys,

I might also be interested. I'm off the brown line Montrose stop. I'm 31.

Never heard of Dark Hersey, but I'd give it a go just for the sake of meeting players. I've ran Shadowrun and Fallout campaigns before, and of course played D&D.

cheers

Chaosate
07-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, that's fine by me. I'm looking for any and all willing players with a desire to laugh and learn. Are you at all familiar with the Warhammer 40,000 universe?

Shakey
07-22-2010, 09:17 PM
No, I'm not really familiar with the Warhammer universe, but I read up on it on wiki. I could pull off the Gaurdsman. A money hungry mercenary goon type.

Galieo
07-23-2010, 05:25 AM
I am definitely interested. Dark Heresy is one of those games I have never played, but always wanted to try because the 40K universe is so different.

Logistics may be a bit of a challenge for me, but I'd like to see if something can't come together. I am something of an oldster (mid/late 30s), if that matters.

Chaosate
07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Alright guys, it looks like we have a decent core group going. I received a message from Shakey suggesting we all meet up at a bar and get to know each other a bit before we actually start playing. I like this idea, as it gives us a chance to check each other out in public and get a drink or two to shave off some of the nervousness. Let me also say that age is NOT a factor here. I welcome players of all ages, and as a matter of fact, i ENJOY having a wide variety of ages playing in a single game; it makes for a better variety of characters and play styles. Now lets see if we can't figure out a good time to meet. Shakey a bar called The Wild Goose tonight at 8. That's a little soon, but if everyone is alright with meeting up tonight, let me know and i'll be there. If that's a good time we can meet up to iron out the details. Thanks for showing interest everybody, and i'm very excited about being able to construct a believable and entertaining pocket in the 40k universe.

Galieo
07-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I think a meet and greet is a good idea, but tonight is "no can do" for me due to prior plans. Still interested.

Shakey
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Ok, if tonight is too soon that's fine. We'll schedule it another time.

cheers.

Chaosate
07-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I just realized tonight is a no go for me as well, but i am willing to meet up on any other day you guys are available.

Nick__C
07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi, I am interested in getting back into gaming. I have never played Dark Heresy, but as long as it gets me out of the house I'm in! Only downside is I live in North Chicago (by Waukegan) and am in medical school. In other words, I can only do Fridays and Saturdays. Hopefully that's not too restrictive.

Trodamus
07-24-2010, 09:51 PM
As for meeting for a brew or two, I'm good for the upcoming week, save Saturday where I've got some plans. I'd prefer a day other than Friday for this initial meetup, but I can certainly accommodate if that turns out to be the best option.

Shakey
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok, how about we try for this Thursday evening? 8:00pm?

http://www.wildgoosebar.com/Welcome.html

Chaosate
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Thursday is good for me, how about for everyone else?

Nick__C
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't have any class on Friday so I can stay up late. :biggrin: It also sounds like a cool place to check out, i.e., nice drink specials.

Shakey, do you know what the parking situation is like? I can either drive or take the train. If I take the train, I'll get there closer to 8:30. My wife will probably want to come too, not that she wants to play, but that means I'll probably drive unless finding parking turns out to be a confusing mess.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Shakey
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Parking is ok, but not great. There are usually a few spots right in front of the bar, especially on a thursday. But if not, there is Welles Park which is one block north (on Montrose & Lincoln) that has lots of parking.

Map of Welles Park: http://tinyurl.com/389x9z3

Nick__C
07-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Thank you!

Chaosate
07-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Awesome, sounds good. Me and my wife will be there around 8. If anyone else wants to join us, just drop a message here and let us know you'll be there.

Galieo
07-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Thursday won't work for me--I'll be at my son's baseball game.

Trodamus
07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Thursday at 8 is good, and that bar isn't too far from the Montrose brown line.

How will we recognize each other?

Nick__C
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I was hoping the place would be small enough that it wouldn't be too confusing to find the group. I will wear my baseball cap that says "Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine."

Shakey
07-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, it's not that big of a bar, and there is only one main room.

I'm a white guy with short blond hair. I'll be wearing an orange Jay Cutler jersey.

Hope everyone can make it.

Chaosate
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I have brown hair and glasses, and i'll be wearing a grey t-shirt that says:
Bears.
Beets.
Battlestar Galactica.

Trodamus
07-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I'll be the guy with a beard and long hair in a ponytail.

Shakey
07-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I want to thank everyone for coming out. It was great to meet you guys, and I and have high hopes for the campaign.

Chaosate
07-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey! I was gonna say that! Anyway, thanks and the wife and i had a good time and i definitely look forward to getting some characters rolled up next week. If you guys want to meet up for something other than Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader, let me know!

Trodamus
07-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for being normal and not serial killers, and here's to a prosperous group and campaign!

Trodamus
07-30-2010, 08:28 AM
From what we discussed yesterday, I think we've agreed on Saturdays for the sessions, during the day.

If I may add some specificity, could we make this from around noon to about six? I know no one likes to get up early and hopefully noon will have us past anyone's definition of "early;" as for the ending time, I'm not sure how much time is usually alotted to a given session, but capping it at six pm will at least allow everyone to still have their Saturday evening free.

Sounds good?

Shakey
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, 12:00 is a bit early for me in general, but in the spirit of compromise I could do 12:30.

Trodamus
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
As promised, here is a "short" primer on the setting. Chaosate, since you'll be running things let me know if you'd like something addition written with more of a focus on what we might be doing specifically; everyone else, let me know if you have any other questions and whatnot.

http://tomdohm.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/wh40k-a-primer-in-under-ten-pages/

Shakey
07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
As promised, here is a "short" primer on the setting.

Fantastic work. Thanks a lot.

Nick__C
07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you Tom for the nice primer, and thank you Andy for organizing this.

My wife and I had fun just hanging out, and I look forward to seeing you guys. I already ordered the core book and have my d10s out from storage. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you until 8/21, but c'est la vie. While you guys are laughing and having a good time together, try to spare a thought for old Nick in sunny south Florida.:cool:

Trodamus
07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, something came up for this upcoming Saturday the 7th so I won't be able to make it. I should be good on subsequent Saturdays though!

Shakey
08-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Trodamus: Would you be able to do Sunday? or is the entire weekend out for you?

Chaosate: Is is cool if I still come out either way? We can at least roll up a character?

Trodamus
08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
'Fraid not, kind of a family thing that blew the tires off the entire weekend. Nothing big, just...annoying.

Anyway, if it's desired I can roll up a character independently if we want to form a consensus on level, framework, point-buy, etc. Andy had mentioned also including Rogue Trader classes, which would impact starting level at the very least.

Chaosate
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, if you still want to meet up to work out some characters, that's fine, maybe you can meet the other player. I can do Sunday, so just let me know whats up. Trodamus, i would prefer in person character creation, it helps me get a better over all feel for the intricacies of each individual character. If you want to put together a simple framework on what you would like to play, that would be fine and it would save a bit of time the next time we meet up.

Shakey
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I'd like to still come out. Saturday is better, I was just offering Sunday to see if it would help Trodamus.

I'll give you a call later in the week.

Chaosate
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Also, just a quick note... if you want to play a Dark Heresy character class, that's fine, but a starting Rogue Trader character is approximately a level 5 Dark Heresy character. Just let me know which of the classes are looking good in either book and i'll start adding some stuff to make it specifically challenging for each separate character. I know you were saying you wanted to play a goon, right Shakey? I'm guessing your best bet would be either a Guardsman (Dark Heresy) or an Arch-Militant (Rogue Trader). If you wanted to go with the more criminal route, you could go with the Scum (Dark Heresy).

Nick__C
08-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Alright, mes amis, I just got my copy of the core rule book in the mail yesterday, and this looks fun. A few preliminary thoughts:

1) Best part of the book is pages 202 through 209.

2) I haven't read that closely yet, but it looks like a character's ability to do damage is generally much greater than its ability to take damage. Most of the guns deal around 1d10+2 (more or less) which is on average about 7 point per hit. I believe you start out with about 15 wound points total? And as best I can tell your only way to increase your wound points is Sound Constitution, which is +1, unless we talk about armor which is generally described as "scarce."

Mind you, I'm not complaining, just making the observation that some of us might be very short lived. You might want to make sure your agility is high because winning initiative will count for a lot if I'm right.

Anyway I just had my final exam this morning and am preparing for a 3 hr plane flight. That will give plenty of time for my inner munchkin to come out. See you guys in a couple of weeks, and have fun! May the Emperor guide your dice!

P.S. Shakey, I believe your weapon of choice is the Heavy Stubber. Remember Jesse the Body Ventura in Predator?

Shakey
08-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Chaosate: Still waiting to hear from you about getting together today.

Nick__C
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
UPDATE: So I just read up on Dodging, Parrying, and Toughness, so it looks like our deaths are not as imminent as I had previously expected.

Not sure what characters you guys have in mind, but I'm either going to go Assassin, Arbitrator, or Psycher--whichever our group needs. I like the idea of being born and raised in a space craft, so I'll be Void Born. Good Luck, gentlemen, and may the Machine God look on you with favor!

Chaosate
08-07-2010, 10:11 PM
While you are right on one point, Nick, the fact that Dodging, Parrying, and Toughness all come into account when dealing with combat situations, keep in mind that almost every weapon has at least one point of PEN (Penetration... hehe.). This means that the bigger and deadlier weapons (like a melta with it's AP of 12 or 14 depending) can easily wipe out a character in one or MAYBE two shots. I won't lie, it's deadly, but there in lies the suspense, the drama, the sweat. Dodge gains bonuses from a high Agility, but you get more wounds with higher toughness because your wounds are equal to 2 x Toughness Bonus + 1d5 + Y where y is a variable based on the homeworld you select. One more note about PEN: an Arch-Militant starts the game with a hellgun; a highpowered lasgun that has a base PEN of 7 and is capable of unleashing 3 shots a round. If i was to recommend a big gun for your party to carry, it would probably be a heavy bolter if you're looking for a sheet of fire and any kind of melta weapon if you're looking for pure stopping power. Most character classes have a decent starting package when it comes to equipment, and you have a pretty broad range of weapons you can select from or test against your profit to purchase at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to PCs getting the weapons they like and want (to a certain limit) and if it becomes a problem (which it has in the past) i simple compensate by beefing up the baddies.

Chaosate
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone! I've been working on getting the first adventure/mechanics workshop together for saturday, and I hope you are all as excited as i am. I also just wanted to be sure everyone was up for saturday at noon til at least 6 or 7 and past that if you guys desire. Let me know if this conflicts with your schedule, and if not, just post a confirmation up here so i know you'll be there. Thanks guys!

Trodamus
08-11-2010, 08:42 AM
I'll be there, ready to go. Any preparations we should take care of?

Shakey
08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Unless something strange comes up, I'm in for sure. Sorry I had to cut out so quickly on Sunday, but something strange came up.

It would be great if you could either send me my character so I can print it, or print it out and have it ready.

I have a few pencils I can bring, but I don't own a sharpener. Maybe Trodamus can help here.

cheers,
Shakey

Chaosate
08-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Sounds good... our other party members, my wife Kate and my old friend Cass, are also in for saturday. Trodamus, if you could just have a solid idea about your character, and if you could let me know what class you were thinking of i can give you more specific instructions. One last thing, if anyone needs a ride just let me know! Nick, i don't remember when you were getting back, so let me know whats up... thanks guys.

Trodamus
08-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I'll be sticking with the DH classes, likely a psyker or an Arbites.

Also, what's the address? Don't know if that was mentioned, I might've missed it.

Nick__C
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll be getting back/settling in this weekend, so I won't be able to play until the following weekend (8/21)

Chaosate
08-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Alright, cool Trodamus. If you have the book, you're welcome to write up you're character, but keep in mind that if you do choose one of the DH classes, you're going to have to do a lot of leveling - 5,000 XP to spend, plus 500 from C.C. i believe. This is because a Rogue Trader character starts at a higher power level then DH characters. Also, if when you're buying talents and skills, refer to the description in the Rogue Trader book because some of the talents were changed to reflect a slightly different approach to weapon proficiency. In DH you have to take a talent for each weapon group (for example, you would have to take Pistol Weapon Training (flame) or (SP) or (Las). In Rogue Trader you simply select the type of weapon you want to be proficient with and you gain training in all the weapons in that group (example: Heavy Weapons Training will allow you to use any weapon with the "heavy" descriptor next to it in the armoury)
If anyone else wants to play a class from the Dark Heresy book, feel free to write up your character and spend the 5,000 xp to get your character up to snuff... this process can be lengthy and i would like to get through C.C. (character creation) as quickly as possible so that we can spend as much time with the mechanics of the game as possible, and to allow me to do as many crazy voices as humanly possible :). I have a neat little pseudo adventure planned out that will cover both types of combat and will allow you to make some monies through endeavors. If you don't know what those are... look it up or wait for the first session!

Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

P.S. What the **** is up with that stupid smiley? It reminds me of AIM... stupid smiley.

Nick__C
08-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up Andy. I will be playing a DH character too. After this weekend's session, would you mind posting what type of character everyone is? The reason I ask is I'm thinking of playing an Assassin specializing in being a stealthy sniper, but there's no point if we already have one on the team.

Thank you! stupid smiley: :p

Trodamus
08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Can someone PM or text me the address? Or has it been posted and I'm being really dense here.

Chaosate
08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey guys! I started a group for out campaign on Facebook. Here's the link. Join if you have Facebook, please!
THanks!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=138587272832529

Shakey
08-15-2010, 02:47 AM
I had a good time today. One or two more combats, and I'll have it down pat. I think we have a nice balance of party members, both in real life and in game terms. Everything seemed to flow.

Chaosate
08-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Okay, so i definitely enjoyed the game yesterday, thank you all. Sorry it was a bit disjointed, but next time i'll have something planned out instead of just coming up with it on the spot. One complaint i did have, though, is that you guys all took your character sheets! Next time, just leave them on the table instead. It helps me plan an adventure when i have all the PC's chips in one bag. Other than that, awesome job killing my Genestealer/Ork hybrids with one well placed blast of psychic energy (I'm shaking my fist at YOU, Tom!) and making an ancient traitor marine run like a little ***** after his precious book of spells (Once again, shaking my fist at YOU, Tom!!) and congratulations are in order for our hero of the adventure, Grizzled Old Ass Guardsman! Yay! Merits are in order for his generous application of a frag grenade into the open mouth of said Traitor Marine (who fell down a flight of stairs on a botched Agility roll) and blowing him into bits.

Chaosate
08-16-2010, 04:44 AM
In response to Nick's post, Tom is playing an Imperial Psyker, Jake is playing a Guardsman, Cass is playing the Rogue Trader, and our missing fifth player, Ed, is an Explorator. Basically, Tom is the guy with the magic, Jake has lots of boom booms, Cass is the Captain of your space faring vessel and has a fair amount of social skills, and Ed is Mr. Fixit with bionics.

Nick__C
08-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Excellent, then I shall be the silent but deadly assassin with a thirst for blood that cannot be sated...who also breeds kittens

Trodamus
08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey guys, sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to back out of the DH group. That familial thing that cropped up two weeks ago came back in full force and with a vengeance, and I'm afraid it's going to suck up alot of my concentration and free time for the foreseeable future.

I don't want to divulge much as far as personal details, but it suffices to say that one shouldn't take their family's health for granted.

See you guys around.

Shakey
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Todamus: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is ok.

We'll keep your character on the ship, and he can return for any one off adventures if you ever get some time here or there in the future.

Chaosate
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Dammit, Tom! Who is going to throw random super powerful magic books that belong to Traitor Marines down long flights of stairs? Anyway, hope things get better... you're always welcome.

Shakey
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Ok, so I've got to work this Saturday. It doesn't happen often, but when it does the coin is too good to pass up. There is a chance that I get out early. If so, I'll send you a text and just be late. If not, then I'll see you next weekend. This is pretty much a one time thing and will not be a trend!

Either way, I hope you still get together, and make a character for Nick. Just consider my character on the ship with some illness or some such.

I know it may seem a bit demoralizing, after just losing Tom, but trust me I want to play again. I had a lot of fun.

Nick__C
08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Too bad about today. I was looking forward to getting together, but it's probably for the best since my plate is a little full this weekend.

I'll spend some time writing a nice backstory--with an executive summary if you don't like reading long papers. May the Emperor look favorably on us in our next adventure!

Chaosate
08-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Sorry about this weekend guys, the archenemy influenced our campaign! Anyway, this Saturday is going to be awesome, as i have come up with THE BEST adventure OF ALL TIME! Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a bit, but it is coming along quite nicely. Those of you who played in the first session should be aware that i was handling all those battles with kid gloves... the gloves are coming off during this adventure.

We shall see who is tempered in the fires of battle, who is slain heroically defeating the great enemy, and who is simply alive by the end of it. Trust in the Emperor, for it is faith in him, and him alone, that will see you through the trials and travails of the coming weeks.

"No retreat! No surrender! Once more unto the breach! Throw yourselves upon the pyres of war, and be not afraid; For if you die today, you shall forever be by His side! For the Emperor!"
- Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Colonel-Commissar of the Tanith First and Only at the battle of Hive Verghast

Shakey
08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
"Let us be firm, but let us re-educate. Blood is not always the answer."

"If we execute everyone who disagrees with us, the galaxy will quickly become an empty place".

Commissar-General Oktar, educating Gaunt.

hehe, I'm really enjoying Gaunt's Ghosts.

EDIT: Can we get Cass on this forum?

Shakey
08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Ok, wrote my backstory. See attachment.

Chaosate
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Alright guys, so this saturday we will be having a new player join us... his name is Ed, and i know i talked about him briefly during the game, but he is playing an Explorator (WITH a big axe) and i think you guys will get along just fine. If you guys could just post a bit about your characters, such as their name, a bit about their combat focus, a bit about what skill groups he/she concentrates on, and maybe a little about their personality. This will allow us to have more familiarity with each others' characters. Also, backgrounds are worth a bonus XP reward in game, so as soon as you guys can get those backgrounds together, the better. Shakey, you've already got the bonus, and thanks for being the first to post a history for your character.

“If I were a proper brother-captain, I would know the prayer we are supposed to say. But I think you all know what we have to do. We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy – the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt them so bad that they will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes their damned souls at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial – carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won.”

- Brother-Captain Alaric, Grey Knights

Sun_Snuff
08-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey yo, I'm on the forum as requested.

"My name is Samuel. Samuel Gompers. Why you smiling? Anyways, I run this here ship. The ship is mine, don't you forget it. Well now that we are done with the unpleasantries, welcome to the ship. What? A name? Didn't you know its bad luck to name a ship? You got a lot to learn kiddo. Basically what we do here is fly around the galaxy, looking to keep our bellies full and our hearts at ease. See we do jobs, we get paid, we eat, we smile. Seems pretty easy? Well it ain't! This ain't you're grandmas landspeeder kid, you gotta be ready for the fit to hit the shan. Now take this red shirt and report to the landing craft!"

Sam is the heir to a once powerful merchant family, now nothing more than a huge, beat up frigate and a debt to match it. Every system he goes to, he meets another loan shark who claim his father owes them money, and they probly aren't lying. Relegated to the fringes of the empire, Sam rather enjoys the freedom and autonomy afforded to the Rogue traders, particularly his fallen dynasty.

He is easy going but shrewd, preferring easy pickings and looting to a dishonest days work.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Don't want to give out too much backstory, god to keep a mystery.

Plus i can come up with awesome stuff and claim i always planned it that way

Shakey
08-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Sun Snuff: cool, welcome aboard the magic bus.

I wrote a short paragraph describing how our characters met. It's generic enough that we can build a story around it if needed.

I also created some potential story hooks about my character for Chaosate, leaving the fate of my former Inquistor, Oberhau, open for eventual re-entry into the game. Along with a wife and child on some distant ice planet.

In some ways I feel like I we're on the 2nd act of the story, skipping act one and the early level DH character struggles. I wrote a very generic "6 years in hell" to explain this.

A few other possible long term storylines for the group:

-We actively go form system to system paying off Samuel's debt, and restoring his family name and playing politics.
-We get involved in a war in a particular system, running supplies to entrenched ground forces, and adding extra firepower where applicable.
-We get caught beyond the outer rims, exploring uncharted planets and bringing the Emperor's guidance to those who are uneducated of Him. Discovering ancient tech and new aliens.

Just my thoughts on it. I'd rather have some sort of long term plan than a week to week random adventure.

cheers

Sun_Snuff
08-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Because of the way Samuel was raised, he would probly not do many of the long term goals. For instance, he would only go around paying back his fathers debt if he had a gun to his head. Of course, all those long term hooks can b forced upon him by gm boy.

My ideas for long term hooks involve more twists of fate and destiny type dealies-
- we witness a super high up do something un-imperial and therefore we become heretics (aint it always the case)
- we steal/find something important and are hunted by aliens/imperial, imagine a buncha harlequins warping aboard and slaughtering everyone.

If Samule has to pick the mission it will always be a matter of risk vs reward.

to beef up shakeys ideas- our ship is impounded untilwe pay off a governor
-turns out there is some big $$ on the planet and we are only helping the ground forces until we can get our hands on it and get the f outta there
- a judicator or commissar takes control of the ship and takes us to the outer rim.

kavnir
08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys. I'm the cat playing the adeptus mechanicus in this campaign. Due to disability, I'm free most anytime, but transportation might be difficult for a while. I am willing to host up to 5 people.

Sun_Snuff
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Good to see ya.

This Saturday may be a problem, I have to go to a party around 4 so i wont be able to play too much.

Nick__C
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey guys...

I haven't been writing much (not for lack of effort) but the bottom line is that I'm definitely on for tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Everytime I try to write a message, my login times out and it doesn't post. Which is stupid, because my bank website doesn't time out like P&P does. Anyway, now to write a character backstory...

Chaosate
08-28-2010, 04:06 AM
I am also looking forward to it. I have some things prepared that i think you guys will find enjoyable as well as a good way to start the adventure and learn the combat mechanics. I will admit it's pretty combat heavy, but later installments will be a little more balanced between roleplaying and combat. I would ask that you guys bring your character sheets if you still have them and any d10s that you might own. A pencil or comfortable writing utensil is also recommended, and if any of you wants to bring a beverage, feel free. Other than that: Game On!

Nick__C
08-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Hey everybody, nice seeing you all again. I had fun today and am looking forward to next week.

I did some searching and found this thread: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=470412 about the differences between Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader.

First off, after answering the original poster's question, one guy (Uthred) makes an offhanded comment that 19,000 seems like a lot of people for the crew of a small ship. Naturally, all hell broke loose, and the ensuing flaming and trolling went on for 9 pages before reaching a hilarious climax. It's thoroughly entertaining reading.

The real reason I brought this up is that it now makes sense what we're doing in the campaign. Basically, even though many of us are DH character classes, we're working with a rogue trader which means we're a lot more influential.

Shakey
08-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Well, without our Rouge Trader it was almost a disaster. The entire campaign was forged around Cass's character and when he doesn't show up it's bad news for the rest of us.

Hopefully that problem solves itself!

Sun_Snuff
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah sorry about that, shouldnt be happening again. I didn't realize everything was so centered on Sam. I heard the ship flying was tough, but I can't really do much more than fly a ship. I am deadweight in combat haha.

Chaosate
09-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Ah, but that snazzy plasma pistol you have packs a decent punch, and now you guys have an Inferno pistol which is really good for punching through armour. Anyway, it was a pretty general consensus to just skip through the space combat, but i think it will be much more streamlined once everyone gets the rules down. To be truthful, i should try to find a way to spice things up a bit. Anyway, is everyone all gravy for the session this saturday? If anyone plans on not making it for a session, just let me know a couple days in advance so i can bring in an interesting one shot NPC or replace you with Baker's Dozen for that matter. Anyway, i hope you guys are looking forward to Saturday, because there's going to be some even bigger and badder enemies for you to deal with. One more thing... Cass, we had said the Rogue Trader was on the ship, fighting off the Chaos raiders... would you be interested in playing that out while everyone else runs around the hulk? That might help keep things exciting and help to teach everyone the space combat rules. If you do decide to do that, the ship's crew has a rating of 50 so any tests you aren't good at yourself you can give to the crew and test against a 50 with any additional modifiers.

P.S. I just wanted to mention that as your characters level up you will have access to another set of specialized, more powerful classes. Make sure you try to plan your talent/skill buys if you want to take one of these classes. You can find them in the Dark Heresy Ascension book.

P.S.S. There is also a new book releasing that allows you to play as Deathwatch Space Marines... would anyone be interested in that?

Sun_Snuff
09-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Im sure fighting off the raiders and keeping them from getting on the space hulk will be plenty exciting. I should be able to pull off some pretty sweet turns in space. How many are we fighting?

Not really all that interested in the space marines, but thats just cause i hate them. wouldnt mind having one on the ship i spose.

Am I correct that the Rogue trader just goes up in rank rather than taking the ascending thingy?

Chaosate
09-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Well I will allow you to do either. You can just continue on the career path you originally chose or you can choose one from Ascension. For example, there's no reason that a Rogue Trader couldn't also be an Inquisitor/Interrogator, a Judge, a Crusader or even a Desperado. In fact, it could be explained that the Inquisitor was masquerading as a Rogue Trader to some end only known by him. Afterward there would be no reason he couldn't continue collecting wealth and serving the Imperium in his own way. It really just comes down to preference, fluff, and a few more specialized abilities for the Ascended careers.

Nick__C
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I will be there tomorrow. See you gentlemen!

Nick__C
09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, I had a great time today. I don't care how many weeks it takes us to finish this one adventure, I had fun goofing around.

I'd like some party feedback since my character might be at a crossroads. Right now she's this agile infiltrator and is pretty good at it. I'm just curious what advancement options would be most useful to the team.

Option 1: Continue advancing agility and ballistics and the related skills. No matter what, I'm going to go for +10 and +20 in Silent Move, Concealment, Contortionist, and Acrobatics, since those are cheap for me (100 XP each). What's really costly is adding +5 to Agility (500 XP) and Ballistics (750 XP). Then again, +5 to ballistics translates to 5% more damage, though I'm already testing in the 70s for that. Basically, I get better at what I'm already good at, even though it would be expensive.

Option 2: Boost perception and perception based skills. The first advance in Perception for assassins is only 250 XP. Again, I'll do this no matter what, just how much of an investment is the question. I've already invested a bit into Search and Awareness, which are the 2 best Perception skills. I haven't invested anything in scrutiny, and that would be completely in character too, since she's generally distrustful of others.

Option 3: Boost intelligence and related skills. I completely overlooked this but the first int boost for assassins only costs 100XP. I wouldn't have much trouble getting my int into the 40s. From there, I could train in technical skills like Demolotion, Chem-Use (and make PCP) and Tech-Use. Alternatively, I could train in scholarly things like Common Lore, Ciphers, or just plain Literacy. If I did this, though, I would be going into the tech-priest's territory, though ours is a bit reckless and might have a short lifespan.:p

Option 4: Train as a pilot/driver. Assassins can train to drive ground vehicles, hover vehicles, and walkers. They can also pilot civilian craft. As fun as it may seem to have my character riding on a motorcycle Kill Bill style, is anyone else going to train as a pilot or driver? Depending on how much of a chauffer I want to be, I could spend up to 1000XP learning how to pilot/drive things, but that would be very excessive.

Also, Sleight of Hand is open to me. A good Sleight of Hand test can derail an entire adventure, so maybe I'll take it once I've fulfilled my character's other goals.

Any thoughts? Basically, what do you think would be most useful for the team and what do we already have covered?

Chaosate
09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Seems like you've put a lot of thought into this, and that's good. I think you should really focus more on fluffy stuff, making your character closer to the one YOU want to play as opposed to the one with the best stats. The adventure after this, which i'm already working on, has some heavy roleplaying elements. As of right now, the party has pretty much everything covered except for driving and knowledge.

P.S. It might not matter by the end of this adventure, anyway... Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Nick__C
09-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Well, I did some reading and if Jake and I both trained in War Cant Ciphers, we would have been able to communicate with each other and the marooned guardsmen that there was a giant sleeping gene stealer with hand signals. So that's going to be my next advance.

Underworld Lore and Underworld Ciphers also will open up opportunities.

Speaking of driving though, it might be fun to have combats where we're riding a tank or flying a small gunship like a Millenium Falcon and one of us drives/pilots while the others man the turrets. My question is who's going to train in driving?

Sun_Snuff
09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
You could also do Rogue trader cant/cyphers, i already have that skill.

All the ascension classes are too involved with the imperium for my fluffy taste, I will probly just keep him as a rogue trader.

we definitely will be bringing alot of npc henchies with us from now on.

Sun_Snuff
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I'll take driving, no problem

Shakey
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
So, how did things wrap up after I left? I assume I still have a living guardsman to play.

Did we get XP or something finally? All this talk of upgrading...3 sessions and a bonus story later I'm still waiting to see it! lol

As for driving, I can already drive a car and a shuttle. I know I botched my first shuttle flight, but I'm actually pretty good at it with 60 agility.

Chaosate
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, the Sergeant of the Guardsmen finished off the Broodlord with a two handed hammerfist blow from his powerfist, popping his head like a malfian pus grape (i DO love that saying). That's as far as we got so you didn't miss too much. This Saturday i have a previous engagement, so i was wondering if we could possibly push the game back to say 3 or maybe 4 and play til 9 or 10. If this doesn't work for you guys we can just cancel until next week.

My wife and I just rented a house in DeKalb and are planning on moving at the end of this month. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to do one of three different things:

1) Meet at a gamestore or someone else's house out here. I would drive out and meet you guys there, and we could continue the campaign.
2) Meet at my house in DeKalb. I would be willing to pick up people at the train station in Elburn if need be, and we are getting a big house with lots of extra room.
3) Give it up. My least favorite option.

I will do anything to keep the game running, so just let me know what works for you guys. We still have until the end of September to decide, so think about it and let me know.

Thanks.

Sun_Snuff
09-08-2010, 04:16 AM
You guys could come out to my house, its on the lake off of Sheridan, next to the Morse red line. We could do that up until January when my son is due, after that I doubt itll be a good place for serious roleplayers.

Not a big fan of the taking the train out to DeKalb thing, I did that for years in my band and it sucked. Also not in favor of the Gamestore thing.

Nick__C
09-08-2010, 08:40 AM
With regard to this weekend: I have no problem meeting from 3 to 9.

With regard to the future: At the risk of sounding rude, I cannot understate my opposition to DeKalb. It's a 1h40min drive for me. It would literally be easier to meet at my parents' house in Darien, not that I'm suggesting that because 1) it's still an hour away from me and 2) my parents live there.

Meeting at Cass's place in Rogers Park is an intriguing option, since there's a Metra station in the area.

Shakey
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, I don't own a car. Hence the reason I'm on P&P Games looking for local players. Dekalb is out of the question for me. :P

I can play later this saturday, no problem. We'll just have to turn up the volume on with the beer. I'll assume 4:00 untill I hear otherwise.

Maybe we can even make it a late night and do spacehulk after. Clearly, I'm dying to play it again!

kavnir
09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Ok, so, as for this weekend, I'm out of town as Andy already knows.

I would be happier than shit to host almost centrally to all parties at my place in Park Ridge. Andy and Cass have been here, its right off 294 for Nick, and 2 blocks from blueline Cumberland for Jake. It is my place, no 'rents etc. and we can figure out the best table arrangement by next session. Let me know what's up everybody.
:biggrin:

Nick__C
09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Ohh kavnir must be Ed...

Anyway so we start at 4 at Andy's place? That's fine by me. I will check back on Saturday to verify.

"Death comes to us all. I merely expedite the process."--Diana Macbeth

Chaosate
09-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Awesome. 4 at my place sounds good. I will have some good ol' fashion, exciting, story driven adventuring for you guys to rock out to. Look forward to the greatest challenge you have yet to face and the end of our current adventure (assuming the pacing proceeds as i expect). I like the idea of meeting at Ed's because it's not too far of a drive for me, and still relatively close to everyone else.

Nice quote by the way, Nick.

"Once more unto the breach!" - Commissar Bradley Steele, Deceased

"You do that. I'll live." - Stormtrooper Sergeant Huxley Modelo in reply to Commissar Steele, minutes before Steele led a one man charge on an entrenched squad of Thousand Sons Traitor Marines.

Sun_Snuff
09-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Time to improve "The Ship"

I am making a list of things we need to aquire as a crew. It is easy as pie to do so in Rogue Trader, and will give us motives to do some high reward missions when we start to run low/crush everything in our paths.

- Space mines for space combat, carry them in aft cargo bay since we have no rear defense. plus we can just dump them haphazardly if we need the cargo space.

I have more ideas ill post later.

Nick__C
09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicles_of_the_Imperial_Guard

Holy cow, it's like a Christmas list!

Chaosate
09-11-2010, 12:43 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The only way i would let you EVER get one of those tanks is if we played a tank hunting adventure.

Wait a sec... that might not be a half bad idea...

Nick__C
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Gentlemen, I am very sorry but I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'm pretty severely backed up here, and I need some time to catch up with my work. I didn't want to do things this way, but I can't see any other option. I hope not to make a habit of this.

With respect to my character, you can use her in a non-combat role. She has some skills that might get you out of a jam if the need arises like Underworld Lore, Underworld Ciphers, Scrutiny, and Chem-Use. However, I'd rather she not do any battles.

Good Luck!!!

Sun_Snuff
09-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Bummer, good luck with your work!

Sun_Snuff
09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
just to confirm, we playing at Eds tomorrow?

I levelled up my dude, if my calculations are correct, i have 2100 xp (500 in the beginning, 1600 in adventure) making me rank 2. I took ambi and two weapon balistics and quick draw. and I fgure ill carry a infewrno pistol, 2x bolt pistols, and a hand flamer. maybe someday ill get a needle pistol too.

Also took Blather. Super sweet skill.

Shakey
09-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe we can take this week off.

Something has come up and I too can't play.
I'll tell you guys about it next week.

Chaosate
09-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone. I'm doing well aside from a slightly fractured toe and a pulled thigh muscle. i am definitely looking forward to picking off where we left off last session. I hope everyone is doing well, and i was just wondering if we could start at 3 this weekend also, seeing as how starting at noon would place my wake up time at about 9:30. If not, that's fine too, just let me know. We still cool for your place Ed?

Nick__C
09-22-2010, 07:18 AM
I just go with the flow. Start at 3, start at noon, start at 6 am, I don't really care.

Ed, would you pm me an address/phone number/e-mail? I don't know where I'm going this weekend.

Sun_Snuff
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
HAHA did you kick a punching bag?

3 is fine with me, i will actually be punctual if the game starts after my wake up time (12)

Nick__C
09-24-2010, 06:27 PM
So I still need to know where we're meeting. Please pm me an address, whoever is hosting.

Shakey
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey guys.

So, I owe you all an explanation. A good friend of mine died recently. He was 30. Quite frankly, I just didn't feel like playing games.

I'm not sure if you kept things alive in the last two weeks at all, but I'm ready to get back on the bus if there still is one.

cheers,
Shakey

Sun_Snuff
10-06-2010, 04:08 AM
Its all good, the first session you missed, Dm didnt bring the chars so we played a hero-quest styed board game that was actually pretty sweet. Last session was short as Dm has been busy with moving, injury and sickies. We decided to bring Pendulum along so you could earn xps and for continuities sake. Killed some yetis and climbed up a mountain that was about it.

WEve been meeting in park ridge at Eds house at around 1, if you dont want to do public trans i can give you a ride if you want to take the red line to morse.

Also, if Andy isnt ready for more DH, I can run a Dnd game if we ar einterested. I have a great idea for a short campaign where the players get trapped in the wake of atime traveling monk and end up in a strange and distant future.

Also I have like 6 magic decks that are pretty good, as well as hundreds of Munchkin cards. Illuminati with a few expansions and Illuminati Crimelords which is a super bad ass mafia building card game. I know how Andy likes his quests to be perfect so if hes not ready we should hve something else planned to keep things interesting.

Last thing- the new book for DH is out as Andy mentioned. Try to download it as Im sure there is plenty of nice technology for us to hunt.

Nick__C
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Jake, welcome back. Like Cass said, you're really not that far behind us.

As long as we're talking about rotating games, I would love to do Axis and Allies sometime. Also, Christmas vacation (which my school calls "Winter Holiday" woot political correctness!) starts for me on 12/17/10 until 1/3/2011. I have been itching to run a D&D campaign for a long time, with a focus on mounted combat. What I could do is try to write up about a dozen adventures in the course of my time off and run them throughout the spring.

If that sounds cool to you, I'll put in the time to flesh out a variant rule system for mounts, attack strategies, as well as how would a wizard benefit by being mounted. I only know 3.5 so that's where it will be though.

Or we can continue on with Dark Heresy.

Shakey
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Hero-Quest style of game does indeed sound fun!

Cass: Yeah, I definitely want a ride. Especially the first time at a new place, so I'm not wandering around aimlessly. (also the car is a much better venue to show off your music recording's than Andy's crappy laptop speakers). I need your cell number.

Nick: Axis and Allies would be great! I loved that game. There is an open source version of the game that I play online sometimes, if anyone needs to learn how to play.
http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

I'd also be up for some D&D as a change of pace. I think Nick's adventure sounds more interesting (since I generally don't like time travel or magic teleporters). Though I also think Cass is probably the more seasoned DM. If anyone has a digital rule cheet-sheet thingy I would be greatful.

Andy: I know you have lots of helpful .pdf files. I'd like very much to get my mitts on some of them. As for DH, I think the one thing we really need is more NPC's to interact with. We've not come across a single town or civilization yet? Also, I'm still waiting for some super Space Hulk action! I know it's only a 2pl game in theory, but we could easily divide space marines up as needed amongst players. I have no idea when to call you, since your schedule is crazy.

Another interesting game I own is the Game of Thrones board game (yes, based of the books). It's a bit like diplomacy, except it uses cards to determine battle results.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=46

As a last resort, I could run Shadowrun.

Sun_Snuff
10-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Ahh shadowrun, my favortiest setting ever.

The future thin was mostly inspired by a show life after people, the ruins looked so bad ass. Dun hafta do it tho, i have an infinite am ount of ideas.

the whole time traveling monk is a character from the novels i am writing, he teleports uncontrollably at random times. I was gonna have u get caught in the wake of this and swept up with him. He would turn and be like, thats never happened before, then he would disappear again, leaving the party stranded in a strange ruined future. it would actually be really good as a climax stall, like you get to the epic last fight and it hapens. awesome.

My play style is very different from andys, i spend very little time writing out descriptions and so forth, that is mostly improvised oon the spot. also everything will evolve into epic stories, its one of my natural born talents. don't be surprised if you end up with first row seats for the apocalypse.

My homebrew setting is based heavily on our own history though many of the cultures have been replaced by monsterous analgum. For instance, if you are in an orcish city they are speaking russian and drinking vodka. and most likely comunist.

Also the magic system is more situational and depends on available mana sources. it is heavily based on magic the gathering of course. in most cases it will mean that powerful spells may take time to build up to cast but also mages will have an easier access to more spells.

Id be moe than happy to incorporate mounted characters if thats what is interesting. Not sure if you want more mounted characters or wanted to run a game though Nick.

Ive only played axis and allies once and I wasnt a huge fan but it was along time ago and i was playing with deuche bags. How long do the games take? I am intrigued because being able to be nazis is awesome, if only for a few hours. Silly nazis.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

o yeah and the 16th is gonna have to be a short day for me, I need to be in chicago ridgefor Ring of Honor by 7. that means i will probly hafta leave around 4, I dont want to miss the dark matches.

ROH ROH ROH ROH!

Nick__C
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds like Cass has a better developed world to adventure in. I generally draw my inspiration from what I call "classical fantasy," i.e. folklore, fairy tales, mythology. For instance, if we're going to play dungeons and dragons, there damn well better be a dragon or two in the campaign, or so I believe.

Axis and Allies takes as long as you want it to take. Some people will spend hours planning out their turns, which makes the game drag on. We can institute a play clock like they have in chess. The writing is generally on the wall after everyone's gone 5-7 turns, which translates to about 6 hours of play time.

Lastly, I will be out of town 10/16, since I am the best man at my brother's wedding.

Sun_Snuff
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I havent heard from jake or andy at this point, ill need to be leaving rather soon to get to Eds at 1.

Chaosate
10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey guys! Just a bit of an update on my progress with the adventure. I have decided that to keep the game a bit more entertaining, i'm going to inject and element of... humor (gasp!) into the adventure you guys are currently playing in. Yes, yes, i know... In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war, but i think a few light hearted characters and places might go a long way toward improving the overall tone of what i'm trying to accomplish. Anyway, it's coming along nicely and i should have more then enough material to play for a whole session by the time next week rolls along.

Next week Ryan will be joining us, so we'll have quite a full party going. He intends to play a psyker, and probably a pious, imperial sort.

I will be coming to chicago on Saturday to finish cleaning out my house, so if anyone is interested in hangin' let me know, maybe we can do Space Hulk or something.

Sun_Snuff
10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Ryan is a cool dude, hell fit in really easy like.

Im busy pretty much all day saturday unfortunately, going to go get some dVDs signed by Christopher Daniels and then go see him get his ass kicked by DAvie Richards.

good times.

I wonder if Ryan still has his gaea's cradles...

Chaosate
10-23-2010, 01:04 AM
I hope everybody is ready for tomorrow, it should be a good time. I'll see you all at Ed's place at 1.

Nick__C
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I guess I'll be the one to get this out in the open: The campaign is on life support. Obviously, it isn't working out since we're going week after week of cancellations. I'm not saying we need to pull the plug forever, and there's no hard feelings towards Andy. We just want to have something happening on our saturdays.

So Ed and I were talking about starting up on GURPS. I mean, why not? Ed wants to create a setting. I downloaded "GURPS Lite" which is free...and I'll start with that before jumping into buying a rule book. We want to do some kind of fantasy-scifi merger like in the Phantasy Star RPG series. It might be wierd, but fun.

Shakey
11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, sadly I've had another death in our family. It's been a brutal couple of months.

As for the campaign, I would just add that a once a week commitment has been much harder to maintain than I originally envisioned. I had great fun, you guys are great.

I'd like to still hang out when possible, and continue to play various games. I just can't promise to make it every single week.

Chaosate
11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry about these past couple weeks, me and the wifey have been working on a few things, plus we had to get some expensive car maintenance done. Right now i'm not able to make it on saturdays because Kate has decided that she wants to work in Chicago again, and Saturday is one of the nights she has to work. This means that i would have to come out on Saturday early, then drive back to pick up Kate, then drive back to drop her off at work. I would really like to continue playing, but time constraints and the wife's work schedule make it extremely hard. If we could work out another day, that would work much better for me. The wife and i are planning on moving back to Chicago within the next six or eight months, so if nothing else we could start playing again at that time, if it works for everyone. Just keep me updated, lets try to figure something out.

Sun_Snuff
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Thats cool Jake and Andy, it seems mostly Nick and Ed have been keepin it together evenwhen they were the only two going for a few weeks. The Gurps campaign seems like it is going to be pretty surreal so we could figure something out to make it so Jake's schedule fits.

Saturday is an OK day for me, but I could do pretty much any other day and be happy too except for sunday and mondays.

Ed was talking about making a new forum for the Gurps game, but I dont think he has yet, so I am gonna post my chars background.

"Ok, agents, we have news today. It seems the impenetrable Salazar cartel has a chink in its armor. Our undercover operatives tell us that there is a faction breaking off and starting a coup soon, under the first lieutenant Hector Ramirez. Operatives in Ramirez's tight inner circle say that the shit is hitting the fan soon. Put this man's face deep in those memory banks, because your job is to find him and bring him in. He is on the short side but don't underestimate him, hes not on the top level of an extrememly dangerous criminal organiztion because of his tasty brownies, which our agents assure me are fantastic. Ramirez should be entering US soil soon to meet with the Cartel's American side of the business. That is where you apprehend him. Good hunting, agents."

Im not sure how you are planning it Ed, but i figure there is plenty to work with there.

kavnir
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Hot damn. Well it seems you guys are really stoked about getting this campaign going! I'd like to address a few of the previous posts here and then i'll set up the new forum.

First, my regards to Jake and his loss. Thanks for taking the time to excuse your absence also. That type of consideration is why we'd like to have you in our new game group if possible.

@Andy: Sorry to hear you're dropping off from Saturdays but you would have been welcome to the gurps run. Its entirely possible we can continue DH when you move back to Chi.

Cass, brilliant and comedic opener. Salazar huh? between SAMCRO and resident evil 4 I'm sick of that name, so keep using it so I can hate the game villain more!

Nick, uummm what can I say....you're an awesome reliable gamer...and hord d'heurve (sp?) chef. thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/17865-Gurps-timeshifters?p=151895#post151895

thats the new GURPS thread for whom it may concern. go ahead and post there for anything I might need. Thanks.