PDA

View Full Version : The City Watch

AproposPenguin
07-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Welcome to Kaerlud, the jewel of the kingdom, the greatest city in the world! Once, civilization was measured in points of light in the wilderness; nowadays, these points have grown larger and more all-encompassing. It's a different sort of age... the dungeons have been explored, the dragons have been slain, and those determined to seek out adventure may find it's not as easy to set out with a few allies and a ten-foot-pole and come home draped in magic detritus and dragging chests of platinum.

But all is not goodness and light and complacent mediocrity. A large enough village becomes home to crime, a complex enough town develops an underworld, and a powerful enough city begets conspiracies. And nowhere is larger, more complex, or more powerful than Kaerlud. And fighting to keep order: the City Watch. Drawn from all walks of life... powerful warriors, brilliant mages, unscrupulous thieves... some seek money, some thirst for power, and some only want to do their part for the city they call home. All they share is a badge, a code of conduct, and the knowledge that, if adventure can't be found in points of light in the darkness, it might be found in the points of darkness in the light.

---

Kaerlud is a Dungeons and Dragons (fourth edition) setting, in which the PCs are all members of a large city's police force. There is a bit of hacking to the rules (specifically, making skills like "nature" and "dungeoneering" more relevant in a setting where PCs can expect to encounter neither; also, non-lethal damage will be slightly more difficult and much more important) but the base is stone-cold 4e, albeit with a heavier emphasis on role-playing than on combat. All races, classes, alignments are welcome (the Kaerlud City Watch is an equal-opportunity employer). This is a brand new campaign, everyone will begin as a level-one rookie, patrolling for the first time and stumbling into all kinds of trouble.

Sound interesting?

LincolnGeertsen
07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd be very interested if you could make it an online game. :)

AproposPenguin
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I'd be very interested if you could make it an online game. :)

Well thank you for the interest, but I was sort of hoping to use this as an excuse to get out of the house and away from the computer. If I can't drum up enough local interest, though, I'll let you know.

LincolnGeertsen
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
*AproposPenguin, Haha, I know how that is, no problem man, Good luck with the game, and if i'm lucky, my wish for luck for you won't work! :p. keep me posted! :)

paolin
12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm in SLO and this sounds intriguing, would the police force have room for a vice officer or a detective?

Sick_Downlink
06-08-2011, 05:55 AM
i am interested but i have only played 3.5. willing to learn what is needed to play if you are willing to teach