PDA

View Full Version : Hired Help?

canadiansatan
07-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Anyone find any guidlines to hire a non-heroic npc?

You can buy a protocol droid for 3,000 credits, but what should it cost to hire an equivalent human for a year, or to purchase a slave t do the same jobs?

My Jedi campaign is about to get underway. It's likely that the group would need to hire help to fill out holes in the group (a mechanic, pilot, doctor, even a mercenary) and I'd like there to be more options than droids.

Thoughts/references?

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-20-2010, 09:08 PM
There might be something in Scum and Villainy, but I dont recall anything.

I would say it would be the equivalent of a droid except the NPC would be hired per job. Now if the NPC had heroic levels I think it should be higher.

For a simple formula I might do something like level x 500-2000 credits or something like that.

canadiansatan
07-24-2010, 03:27 AM
I was hoping for a per day, month, year kind of calculation. It looks like the group might not have anyone with use computer. I'd like to hire a lowish level slicer that they have to keep paid (but reasonable pay). He/she'd live on the ship, likely stay on the ship during most missions. I also want to occasionally give the option of hireing some mercenaries for large combat sequences.

If I can't find anything else, I'll just go with CL x 500 credits for a job reasonably within their capabilities.

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh, I would probably just use the upkeep per month table on pg 141 of SECR and then charge the PCs for any specific jobs that come up according to the table in Scum & Villainy.