PDA

View Full Version : High-Fantasy Pathfinder Online Game

chrono21791
07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I am starting a (VERY) high powered pathfinder game. This is to satisfy all of the power gamers out there.

It will be a homebrew campaign in a homebrew world, but most of the Pathfinder rules will remain unchanged. Spells, items and such will work as listed.

Here is the link to the program we will be using:

http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg

This campaign will include resources from virtually all 3.5 books, and you may use spells/feats from anything you can find. If you want an obscure feat from an obscure 3.5 book, just tell me the book and where it is (I will probably have the book) and as long as it actually exists, and you meet the prerequisites, you can have it. There is also a few homebrew feats for Fighters and Druids, ask about them if you are interested. You may also want to ask about homebrew spell selections for Sorcerers and Oracles, if you want to be one, because I have (optionally) changed some of their bloodline/mystery bonus spells.

As I said, it is a VERY high powered campaign. As such, the characters will also be VERY high powered. If you like low fantasy, rolling for stats, or any 'realism', then this is not the campaign for you.

Characters will all be Gestalt, meaning you pick two classes, and they both level up at the same time, gaining the full benefits of both, taking the better stat where two stats overlap (for example, a fighter/wizard would use the fighters base attack bonus and hit die, because it is better than a wizards). Everything will have maximum health possible, as well. You will start at Lv 1.

In exchange for the power and versatility of the Gestalt character, players will also be using the slow XP progresion chart, gain Half the XP they should get for each encounter (because they are raising two classes) and will NOT be allowed to multiclass. They may only take ONE Gestalt prestige class combination, if they decide. Basically, you have Two classes that both level up at the same time, and you may pick two prestige classes (one for each base class) to also gain levels in, but that is all. When you gain a level and have prestige classes, you may choose to level up either your base classes or your prestige classes.

Players will use the Pathfinder Point-Buy system, using 30 points. The DM (me) will give equipment and starting gold.

PM me if you have any questions. Please post (in this thread) your character, as well as PMing it to me.

Characters may be any of these races: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Gnome, Dwarf, Halfling, Tiefling, Assimar, Orc (the last three races may be found in the Beastiary)

Players may be any of the Base Pathfinder Classes: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard, Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Oracle, Summoner, Witch.

Prestige classes may be taken from any 3.5 sources, as well as the Pathfinder sources. Prestige classes not from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook will have to be "Pathfinderized" by me, so please PM me your general character advancement plan so I may "Pathfinderize" your prestige classes. For example, a Monk/Wizard or Monk/Sorcerer may want to take the Enlightened Fist prestige class, which I will have to adapt for them, so please let me know stuff like that.

Player Requirements:

1. General Friendliness: I don't want any players who will be getting into arguements with other players. I don't need to deal with that crap, and niether does anyone else.

2. Experienced/Smart: Enemies in this game will be VERY strong, and so do you. You need to make good decisions for your class, feat and spell-wise, or in other words "optimize" your build. Otherwise you may fall behind, and nobody likes a useless party memeber. I will help you when I can with my vast knowledge of feats and such, but I don't like to backseat drive characters.

3. Punctuality: Being late or absent for an agreed play-time is OK once in a while, but failing to show a couple times in a row without a good reason, or being consistantly late may get you kicked (not to mention the other players may not want to help you in-game). If you cant make it, let me know ahead of time. Play times can be decided by the players needs, but I would prefer to play AT LEAST bi-monthly, so if you cant do that, don't bother. Weekly would be good, bi-weekly would be great, but I don't really NEED that, so just make sure you can play 3 hour or more sessions at least twice a month.

4. Good Imagination: I want players who can make interesting characters with good backgrounds and reasons for adventuring. There will, of course, be a storyline to push you through the campaign and give you a reason to play, but notice the 50% roleplaying bit. I don't want characters who are so unoriginal that they are "Just the mercenary fighter that likes money and fighting." Be creative.

5. Accepting of my decisions: I play by the rules, I let the characters do what the rules say they can do. If there is a rule I am unaware of that you want to take advantage of, just show it to me and I will oblige. However, there will be times when I need to bend the rules a little, and you need to accept that as a way to progress the storyline. I will try to do this as little as possible, but sometimes it is unnavoidable. So if you are going to get your panties in a wad about this, then either suck it up for this campaign or don't join.

6. No CE/NE Characters: Chaotic Evil and Nuetral Evil are just too unpredictable and self serving to really play with a group, and if you are playing with a group but still insist on being CE or NE, then you are not playing the alignment correctly. Lawful Evil is fine, however.

Anyway, I promise this will be a fun campaign, just roll up a character and join! Please post your character in the thread so people can know what rolls are taken (i.e., we don't need four tanks) or so someone can change their character based on complimenting other characters if they so desire.

To start you off, here are a few good character combos and why: Monk/Sorcerer or Monk/Wizard. Monks don't use armor to fight, and sorcerers and wizards cant use armor anyway. Niether class is missing out on anything.

Fighter/Alchemist or Fighter/Druid. They both have good buff spells that compliment their fighting, and alchimests have mutagens, and druids can shapeshift. Assuming the druid takes some of my homebrew feats, they can fight while shapeshifted into something with hands (i.e. monkey, elemental, etc), and it will just work as a huge stat buff.

Monk/Rogue. The monk can make great use of the rogues sneak attack by using the improved fient feat, and sneak attack even without flanking. Doubled with the fact that monks have lots of attacks and the highest base damage of any weapon in the game (2d10 at later levels) they can dish out MASSIVE amounts of damage.

Cleric/Paladin. Obvious super-healer.

Oracle/Summoner. Good mix of buffing and offensive magic with the oracle, and a badass eidolon to cover their physical weaknesses. They can summon a lot, buff their summons, and then hurl fireballs from behind their personal army. They are also both charisma based, so it doesn't hurt to not have to split your stats.

Paladin/Cavalier, Paladin/Inquisitor, Inquisitor/Cavalier. A leader of the party, able to give everyone battle bonuses, combined with small healing abilities when needed.

Those are just the ones that came up on the top of my mind. Be creative, find a good combo, plan your character out well, and you should be fine! Above all, play with a class combo you know you will have fun with!

Again, post or PM me any questions and I will be glad to answer them.

Aleucard
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd like to play a human summoner/rogue. He's going to be CG, and you can expect him to function as a sort of "shadow assault" type of fighter; as in, get in without anybody realizing it, raise all kinds of Hell (with both little "innovations" that he may have in his bag of tricks and his magic), and get out before anyone realizes what's going on. If not fighting seriously, he's going to be likely to do something nuts like pole-vault over the opponent and yell "Ole!" mid-fight, especially if there's a crowd. His eidolon, being a fraction of his own soul sheared off and "crystallized" fairly early in his life (he doesn't realize this yet), is of a similar disposition, although a bit more down-to-business. If you'll allow it, I'd like his alternate plane he goes to when un-summoned be the Ethereal one, with my character being able to see him as normal (but recognizing he's not physical). How's that sound? Also, I'm pretty much open any day of the week past 8 pm or so EST, with less reliable but still good chance of being around on 6 pm EST.

Also, if at all possible, could you let me have scythe proficiency? I really like those, and something like that would be a good fit for a high-mobility person like my character. Proof? Watch this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91zWEY6wlHo&videos=0Ri-rlhuWa8

Zedek
07-22-2010, 01:35 AM
You can count me in, sir! You had me at "optimize" and truly trapped me with "If it actually exists...you can have it" I'm a rogue. The sneaky-stabby kind.

Now that all that's done, down to business!

As for class, i will be playing A rogue/fighter or perhaps rogue/monk
If I choose Rogue/fighter, I would like to select non-fighter feats if they make sense for my particular fighting style(roguishness).

If I go for Rogue/monk, I'll be likely to use the Carmendine Monk feat from Champions of Valor to get my Int instead of my wisdom to my AC.

As for Race, I'll be most likely to play an elf or tiefling, though this can be changed if the group or setting demands.

Aleucard
07-22-2010, 03:32 AM
And before I forget, what level are we starting at? That's going to help a lot with character creation, which is going to take time.

EDIT: Also, can you give a link to what we need to play? I have no idea what openRPG is, and I'm probably going to bug my computer trying to find out.

chrono21791
07-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Aleucard, thanks for your interest. We will be starting at Lv 1, and the link to OpenRPG is http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg. Sorry for the confusion, I edited the post to include this information.

Your character sounds good, but I don't see how rogue abilities complitment summoner abilities. If you can make it work, then more power to ya, but I will warn again, you might have a lot of problems if you don't make your character... ahem... all they can be.

I found Summoner/Oracle combos work well for a good mix of offensive magic and physical capabilities (eidolon) with some buffing as well, with oracles being divine and whatnot. Or even a druid/summoner would be good (lots of summons and an animal companion as well as an eidolon).

But, if you REALLY want to play that class combo, and you can make it work, then by all means go ahead. I suppose being able to wear armor and cast will benefit both classes. But then again, there are feats out there you can take to increase the armor capacity you can wear and still cast spells (complete arcane, I believe).

And yes, you can have scythe proficiency to start with. Just give up a proficiency in one other weapon and we will call it even. Why do I get the feeling you only want it because of the vid...? :) Your eidolon can go into the ethereal plane if you wish, but he may not be able to see him normally, unless he uses magical means. I have a feeling there will be a way for you to take advantage of that somehow... so just to be safe i'm gonna veto you on that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zedek, sounds good. I would probably go with rogue/monk if I were you, for two reasons: 1, you will have a decent AC as a monk without wearing armor, and that will help with your skills (not taking armor skill check penalty and all) and 2, monks can do MUCH more damage than any weapon, and they have a lot of attacks (flurry of blows for 8 attacks at 2d10 + 10d6? ouch).

The Camendine monk feat is a great idea. Even better if you go Wizard/Rogue (wich will perfectly set you up for a Arcane Archer/Arcane Trickster combo. sneak attack with lightning :D). But, whatever floats your boat. Tell me if I get too suggestive for my own good.

Anyway, send me a PM of your character stats and whatnot, and I will just have to check it to make sure everything is legal. We can start as soon as we have 3 players, but it would be nice to have all 5 before that.

Aleucard
07-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm still trying to decide definitively, to be honest. The main things I can see of benefit with a summoner/rogue is being able to function exceptionally well even on his lonesome (all those summons make for easy flanking, and he can easily distract someone while he does something else). The main problem I see with him is functioning alongside or against AOE users. I'm still trying to decide between that, and a combo with the Alchemist, Wizard, Sorcerer, Warmage (from Complete Arcane), or Warlock (again from Complete Arcane). One thing I want to know, though; can I do sneak damage with attack spells? Something like that would jack up my effectiveness, too. I'd also like a look at anything relevant you got for alterations.

chrono21791
07-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Hmmm. I DID say if it exists, you can have it, but I was trying to limit the classes to the base ones, if you noticed... I'll have to re-read the complete arcane classes first, see if I can effectively "pathfinderize" them.

The flanking thing makes sense, I didn't think of that. You can sneak attack with spells if you take the Arcane Trickster prestige class (they have an ability that can eventually do that). If you notice though, one of the other people playing was interested in being the 'sneaky stabby' type, so you might want to work something out with him so you can either A. have two sneaky type characters that work well together or B. just decide on who gets to be the rogue-ish one.

If you were just going for damage though, which is why you wanted the sneak attack, then there are many more options available to you. Preferably another spellcasting class that can wear armor. But I guess you can always take the armored mage feat or whatever its called that lets arcane casters ignore spell failure chance from one armor category higher.

Being an Alterer Wizard is always fun, because they have that nice little stat boost ability. Look it up if you don't know about it. Depending on the bloodline you took, sorcerers could be interesting... Dragon, maybe? You would have claws and an AC boost, as well as natural breath attack, and you could modify yourself with mutations later on. There are also a goodly number of spells that boost your natural abilities (bulls strength, cats grace, and stuff like elemental shape and dragon form later on). Not to mention a downright unholy amount of spells known for a spontaneous caster. Alchemists could compliment a Summoner well, so you could throw bombs, maybe add some smoke to them, give your eidolon a mage armor potion or something (theres a discovery you can take that lets you give other people potions) and drink a mutagen when things get hairy. Or as I said before, Oracle/Summoners are the shit, I played one before and pretty much nothing ever survived. I had Fire Mystery, by the way (which I made a few changes to so it makes more sense).

Hopefully that helps. But do keep in mind what kind of prestige combo you want, as well.

Aleucard
07-24-2010, 12:28 AM
What, exactly, is the rule on prestige classes here? I generally dislike prestige classes as a matter of course, mainly because they hinder my base class abilities too much. Unless I'm overlooking something, your rules on prestige classes have us picking either the base class or the prestige one to level up. This right or wrong?

Also, the two main reasons that I like rogue for the class are this; skills, and the rogue-only abilities such as the talents and sneak attack. If you can think of something that lets me play high mobility, versatility, and damage potential then I'm all for it.

Also, later on, I'm probably going to want to use the Item Familiar from the Unearthed Arcana book. If you read it, you can probably see why. Guess what weapon's going to be mine? ~_^

EDIT: Also, I've basically narrowed down the classes I'd gestalt with Summoner to Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Sorcerer, and Alchemist. If possible, I'd like to see something detailing all the house rules you got for those that are different from what I'm looking at on the SRD site. Also, the versions of Summoner and Alchemist I'm looking at are http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/house-rules/summoner and http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/advanced-player-s-guide-playtest/alchemist if you're wondering. If you got a different version you want me to use, I'll do that.

EDIT2: Oh, and also; the difference between me being a summoner/rogue and zeke being a monk/rogue is that where he's a melee machine gun I'm a one-man squad with casting ability. See the difference? ~_^

chrono21791
07-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Prestige classes are the same as base classes: you get two, and they both level up at the same time. These will be the only other classes you can level up besides your base classes. You are correct, you pick one or the other set to level up. I wouldn't worry about levels, through, I don't plan on ending the campaign until everyone is... around level 40? Don't worry, they will come fast enough. Also expect a bonus feat or spell thrown in here or there.

If you want high damage, versatility, and mobility, the two most obvious choices would be Sorcerer and Monk. Monk's obviously fit the bill nicely, with their increased speed, high damage output, and ability to heal themselves, defend allies, be where they need to be when they need to be there, etc. A sorcerer with the Dragonic bloodline could also do stuff like that. The mobility will come later when they get wings, and you will be especially mobile if you take the Dragon Disciple prestige class. Fly speed of 90. Their spells have a high damage output, and if you mix it with self-enhancing spells, you could easily turn yourself into something even better than a monk. Also, breath attack :D The Abyssal bloodline might be good too, for increased strength and better summons, but I suppose spells can take care of that for you. It might not make up for the AC bonus and ability to fly (not to mention breath attack) that the dragonic bloodline gives.

Fighters would be a bad choice in my opinion. You already have an Eidolon for tanking and physical damage, so it would just seem kind of redundant.

Wizards would offer a lot of spellcasting versatility, but I don't think that would help you as much as a sorcerers natural abilities.

We are using the same version of Pathfinder classes, as far as I can tell. I own the books, so mine are the official ones, but as I said (and as you want), there are some house rules.

The major house rules are that Spontaneous spellcasters get bonus spells known as well as bonus spells per day, based on their main spellcasting stat. So, if a sorcerer has 20 charisma, and would normally get +2 level 1 spells per day to cast, they also KNOW +2 level 1 spells. This gives a lot more incentive to raise one's spellcasting stat past 19 or 20. Also, I will be using a pretty much unmodified rule set for epic levels, as detailed in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook. That is to say, any abilities that go up at certain level intervals continue their course (i.e. sneak attack, armor training, wizard bonus feats, etc). Spellcasters will get higher level spells (10th level spells, etc) that they can use to put normal spells in with metamagic feats on them that wouldn't normally be allowed, such as a quickened Wish, or something like that. Each level, the spellcaster either unlocks one spell slot at a spell level one higher than they can cast, gains two spell slots in the current highest level spell they can cast, or gains spells slots, divided as they choose, equal to the highest level spell they can cast in any spell level. Basically, you either get one 10th level spell slot, 2 9th level spell slots, or (in the case of dividing) 1 8th level spell slot and 1 1st level spell slot, or 2 4th level spell slots and 1 1st level spell slot, or 1 5th level spell slot and one 4th level spell slot, etc. I'm sorry if that was confusing :/

There are too many class modifications (small ones) to name all at once, so just ask me about the specific classes you are interested in. The major things are that fighters have more feats to further their two weapon fighting and weapon training abilities, druids have feats that let them both wear armor AND use weapons while wild shaped (provided the form has a shape able to wear the armor or wield the weapon, to a reasonable degree), and spontaneous casters get bonus spells known.

And yes, I see the difference. But being a rogue wouldn't help you as a spellcaster... its generally good to focus on one ability, in my experience.

Aleucard
07-24-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm wanting to be a more.... PROACTIVE caster for the group. That is to say, I'm wanting to get in the mix alongside anything I may summon. Rogue is very synergetic with that concept, personally. Also, I think I'll narrow my choices down further to some mix of summoner, sorcerer, alchemist, and rogue. One last question; would you let me select Assassin as a prestige class partner for one of the rogue combinations despite being Good alignment? My character wouldn't be with any sort of special "pay us to kill someone" group like normal, but would be an expert at the one-shot incapacitation (kill if the target's someone my character wants to see turned to a pile of ash, which is a VERY rare occurrence). Considering the character's backstory, there'd be reason for him to want to be able to pull that off.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And if I go Sorcerer/Summoner, would the summoner's ability to cast in light armor with no penalty translate to the Sorcerer's casting, too?

munchiemadness
07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Count me in!

chrono21791
07-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Hmmmm. You would have to give a VERY good backstory for your character for me to let you be assassin and still be of good alignment. Normally I don't care about alignment requirments, but that's pretty extreme.

Yes, the summoners ability to cast without penalty would also apply to the sorcerer's casting (both being spontaneous and arcane). There were feats in complete arcane that allowed you to cast with even heaver armor, I believe...

Death Rattle
07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
I was thinking along the lines of a druid/monk, but I'm not sure that's the greatest Idea with so many sneaky types running around. I would probably roll with a paladin/fighter.

Aleucard
07-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm trying to find a good place to put the character sheet on. Can you think of anything? Also, for the explanation, I think that reading the backstory for my character would suffice. Just let me find some place to put the thing down on.

EDIT: One last question. Would you rule the scythe as being a finesse weapon? Considering the dexterity needed to use the weapon period without cutting your OWN head off, I'd personally say yes. However, that's up to you.

EDIT 2: I've also narrowed down my choices to Summoner/Rogue, Sorcerer/Rogue, and Sorcerer/Summoner. Basically, I'm deciding between one-man-army tactics (Sum/R), sniper tactics (Sor/R), and Controller tactics (Sor/Sum). I'm going to probably be a half-elf, which gives me some additional options (namely, arcane archer and all the random boosts that half elves get). What's your opinions on each of these?

EDIT 3: Alright, here's my character sheet assuming I pick Summoner/Rogue, still in progress. Personality and general description are a bit further down the list. What do you think?http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=5780

chrono21791
07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Death Rattle did end up rolling a Paladin/Fighter, for those considering being the tank.

MunchieMadness, just roll up a character and post it here or PM me with it :)

Aleucard, I have made an Excel sheet that I think is quite efficient for online character sheets, with a complete listing of all house rules, to boot. That is the sheet we will be using for the game. I can send it to you via e-mail if you provide me with such (just PM me).

I would definitely rule the Scythe as being a finesse weapon. Also consider a double scythe for your character (yes, they will exist under house rules. Pretty much double everything will exist under house rules).

As I was saying before with the Sorc/Sum combo, that is also a viable one man army tactic. If you took the Abysal or Dragonic bloodline (probably dragonic) You would get claws, and in the case of dragonic, natural armor. You could use the summoner abilities to give yourself evolutions later on, maybe a bite attack, tail, and tail slap or something like that. If you took feats from the monster manual, you could essentially be a beast fighter with an Eidolon to boot, and some powerful spells (which would help if you learned spells such as beast form or form of dragon). Anyway, that's another viable option, I think. But the Rogue/Sum you rolled up looks fine.

Being a Sorc/Sum to control would also be great. You could spam summons everywhere, and then blast the enemies you herd up with your summons.

a Sorc/Rogue doesn't seem as beneficial to me as the other class options you laid out, though. I think a Wiz/Rogue would be better, because you could dump everything into int instead of having to put anything in Cha, provides more versatility, and if you were a Transmuter specialist, you could have a nice boost to dex, as well. That would also set you up perfectly for an Arcane Archer, and maybe Arcane Trickster as your second prestige, since they continue the sneak attack.

Also, you could be an arcane archer without being an Elf or Half-Elf. I never saw the sensibility in that requirement.

However, I would have to ask you the same question I asked Death Rattle for his char; why the wis? O.o I don't see the benefit, other than a small increase to will save.

Zedek
07-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm going rogue/monk, for those concerned.
Email is Br3ntdy3@aol.com

I would like to take unorthodox flurry (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Unorthodox_Flurry) instead of one of the monk bonus feats listed, and I'd like for it to count for use with rogue weapons. Even if it doesn't count towards all rogue weapons, I'll use it.

Also, I get evasion twice at second level, so I'm wondering if I can change that as well to something else.

Also wanting to use my improved damage with daggers.

Basically, I want to be a dagger monk. If that can be accomplished, great. If not, too bad.

I found a variant in Dragon Magazine that allows me to use the dagger, shorsword, quarterstaff, and club as monk weapons instead of the typical list.

My gracious thanks,
Z

chrono21791
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Great! I will send the file to you promptly. Be warned, I have Microsoft Office 2010, so you may have to get conversion software to be able to read the file.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Oh, I've decided to raise the points allowed by the point-buy system up to 35. Remember to apply racial bonuses AFTER you allocate your stats!

Zedek
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Above post edited.

chrono21791
07-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Zedek, you mean your improved monk unarmed damage with a dagger? I would allow that, but it would have to be solely for flavor (you cannot do anything with daggers that you couldn't do with unarmed attacks, basically. I cant see how you would do this, but just in case :P)

I see no reason to waste a feat just for flavor. Just take the dagger as a monk weapon for free. Lets just say its some sort of exotic monk dagger. However, what other rogue weapons did you want to use? If you want to just use daggers, then it can be free, but if you plan on using ALL rogue weapons that way, then take the feat and it will count towards all of them. the hand crossbow and shortbow cannot be used for flurries, though. You can use throwing daggers for flurries (sort of like throwing stars) but they will not benefit from the increased monk damage. Using them in melee combat though, I can allow the base monk unarmed damage for that (as i said, because it seems like its just for flavor).

As for the evasion, run by me what you would want it changed to. Make it something movement or general being-quick-ness related, such as nimble moves or dodge or something, and I will consider it.

Zedek
07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks, I'll take the feat and am thinking an extra rogue special ability, such as swift stealth.

Aleucard
07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
The main reason for the wis bonus is for perception and sense motive, both of which are going to be fairly high use skills if I play how I want to. I'm probably going to write up both summoner/sorcerer and sorcerer/rogue, and see which of the three looks best to me. I'll post them when I get finished. Also, gimme a sec and I'll pm you my address. One last question; can I consider the bonuses from dragon disciple to be as if I already got the mutations from them for the summoner class when I get them (example: getting the wings from dragon disciple is considered as if I already bought the mutation for summoner and I can boost it with points like normal)? That will help a good bit.

EDIT: Also, if I DO pick sorcerer/summoner, could you pathfinderize the elemental savant class? I think that works best with that particular combat style by comparison to anything else, even arcane archer.

EDIT 2: Can't believe I forgot this question. Will we have to follow all the requirements to get our prestige classes, or will we ignore them, or is it something in between?

chrono21791
07-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Zedek, I won't allow an extra rogue special, seeing as how you already get one that level. I think Nimble Moves and Acrobatic Step (later on, in place of improved evasion, since you get that from your other class as well) would be more appropriate.

Aleucard, do you mean using mutations to improve your wings granted by Dragon Disciple class? If thats what you mean, then yes, you can do that. Although having four wings would be cool :P

I can pathfinderize any class you want me to. As far as I remember, elemental savants wont need much modifications, but I will have to go back and check.

To clarify, I could care less about most racial and alignment requirements for pretty much anything. They don't affect game mechanics, nor do they affect its balance, and they are simply there for flavor; as such, you can un-flavor/re-flavor them as you see fit.

Basically, treat any racial or alignment requirement as if it were non-existant, and most other things as well that don't affect balance. For instance, If you were to be a sorcerer and wanted the Dragonic Bloodline, I would let you be a Silver Dragon with a 30 ft cone electricty breath attack. It doesn't make much difference to me.

But, you should always ask, just to be safe.

Aleucard
07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Munchie, PLEASE tell me you're not going to be the party's Og the Destroyer. If not, then I see no personal problems.

I'm going with summoner/rogue, and you'll just have to wait to see what prestige classes I pick. Besides a physical description and the knowledge that my character's chaotic good, I'm not giving any players that don't have detection spells anything else. ~_^ When does the game start?

munchiemadness
07-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I guess I will be the party's "Og the Destroyer". I rarely play characters like this though, so I figured it would be fun. I am not a fan of point buy at all, but I want to play in a ghestalt game.

chrono21791
07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Munchie, you have a very severe problem with your sheet. Your int is 5. Why did you think it was ok to lower it past what the rules allow? Also, your HP is one higher than it should be.

If you don't know the rules for the Pathfinder point buy system, I can provide a link for you.

The game can start as soon as I organize everything, have everyones sheets down, get a confirmation email from everyone, and get a time that we can all start our first session. I ask that everyone PM me with your email if you havn't already, get those sheets down on the excel document I set up pronto, and tell me a good time for you all. I'm free usually only at night, but maybe friday afternoons, too.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I'm also a little concerned with the characters people are being :/ thats two tanks and two rogues, with no real healing/support members (aluecard, you are a controller, which is different from support) and no AOE blasters. I hope someone new joins with those two ideas in mind.

Death Rattle
07-28-2010, 01:48 AM
The arcane archer was probably more suited to be one of those obscure prestige classes in the campaign setting than in the core rule like red mantis assassin or harrower it is background specific, I believe it has something to do with it being a closely guarded elf secret or something along those lines.

Well if we need a healer I can switch it up, give me a few and i'll roll together a new concept.

Aleucard
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, my summoning can help with more than damage at later levels, but we NEED a dedicated ranged damage dealer and a healer. I'd suggest sorcerer/wizard and the obvious paladin/cleric choices, personally. If someone can come up with something better, I'm all ears.

EDIT: I just thought of something. Would a cleric/alchemist outdo a cleric/paladin in healing? The fact that both spell lists have Heal is very VERY big on the list of things a medic would kill for. All the extra stuff that alchemists can do besides healing also help to at least even the scales against a cl/pa on their own, if not tip them in their favor. Bombs and mutagens are just gravy. So, what do you think?

munchiemadness
07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
1 sec, I will fix that, I was messing around with races the other day and forgot to change my stats back -_-

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

You know what, I am just going to make a new character, this one seems kinda iffy anyways.

shadovar
07-28-2010, 09:54 PM
hey i am playing a sorcerer/fighter cg focusing on pure magic dps Grael is a troubled soul with terrible visions hunting him. His only solace has been the stupor of dwarfven ales and elven wines. He despises authority blaming the death of his comrades on his captain in a skirmish with gnolls. He was once part of a small group of milita in a town.

Aleucard
07-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Good, but I'd recommend trying to type it in a more concise manner. That seems like a rambling statement. It's a good idea, but still.

Welgar
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Heya, after Talking to Aleucard via chat I've been convinced on the role of a healer type for the game if you're still looking. I'd be wanting to play cleric/paladin. Incase I have to get into the thick of it to help someone.

chrono21791
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Agreed. Also, fighter/sorc seems a little reduntant. Why be a fighter? So your spellcaster can be tough? It's not something they need, the rest of the party is tough for them. Remember that you must optimize.

Anyway, remember to GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL if you want the excel sheet to put your characters on. That is what we will be using, and rolling up your character on something else is all good and well but you will end up having to put it on the excel sheet anyway, so you might as well cut out the middleman.

Munchie, I'm assuming your going fighter/barb because you want to tank, and the fighter gives you good attack and damage and the barb has rage, right? If you want something to beef yourself up, You could be a Fighter/Alchemist (mutagens are better than rage for that) or a Fighter/Druid (my homebrew feats allow druids to use weapons and armor while wildshaped, essentially making wildshape a super buff that still allows you to attack normally).

Aleucard
07-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Fighter/sorcerer would be mainly for weapon training (goes in to spells that need targeted) and the good BAB (makes hitting even easier). Being able to function if/when the spells run out is also a nice plus. It could be a good class combo if you make sure you keep prioritized.

EDIT: I just thought of something. Anyone care to tell me any class under these rules that would have better and more reliable non-magical damage than a paladin/fighter with gray guard (Complete Scoundrel) as one of the prestige classes? Extra lay on hands and relaxed restrictions on your actions as a paladin are just gravy. Pick Kensai for your other prestige if you're going with a one-weapon build and you're golden. Anything else that meshes well with a melee user with relatively minor divine casting would also work good.

Zedek
07-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Looking at the 3.5 Ninja, I would like to gain his Ki powers with the monk default Ki abilities, but I'm not sure what I should give up. Any suggestions/comments? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Ki strike(lawful, etc.), but I do like the ability to run faster, hit more, and the dodge bonus.

-Zedek

EDIT: I really like almost all the Ninja abilities labeled as "Ghost" things. Ghost strike, Ghost walk, Ghost Mind, Ghost Step, and Ghost Sight- all very cool. Just need to know what i should rid myself of to get them.

Thanks.

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 05:05 AM
No ninjas! Only Core classes for base classes.

Welgar, someone just rolled up a made-for-healing character. I suppose you could still be one, but you would just be the "just in case" party member. This, however, gives you the freedom to be as interesting as you want.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Aluecard, I would think it would help more to be a class to make sure the spells DONT run out. The increased BAB helps a little, but many of the best spells arent even rays or touch spells, and hit based on the enemies reflex save, not hit chance. Also, you would have WAAAAY more fighter feats than you would even know what to do with. You can only take a few feats that would help you fire rays. After that, what, you get good with bows? Again, why not just be a class that makes sure you never need to pull that bow out in the first place?

Aleucard
07-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Alright, I think now's as good a time as any. Can we get an inventory of all the characters currently playing? I'm rolling with a CG rogue/summoner with a focus on crowd control and high-density damage. What about everyone else?

EDIT: Do NOT post for someone else. Only post your own character. Also, it's recommended you don't hand out the link for your sheet unless if you're alright with everyone knowing exactly what you can and want to do. If you want to get the point across, do it in-game with roleplay. That's going to give you a lot more character and flavor than you would have otherwise, and will make for a more interesting campaign.

Zedek
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
LE Monk/rogue. Will mesh well with good aligned party members, but I'll need a way to avoid any paladin's 'detect evil' ability.

Death Rattle
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
LG Paladin/Oracle, dont know if non casters can hide their allignment without some expensive item

beholder87
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
@chrono21791: Is there still room for more players? Myself and two friends are looking for a Pathfinder game, and I'm a powergamer at heart so...

@Death Rattle: Not sure on the source, I'll have to look it up, possibly Arms & Equipment Guide, but you can weave threads of lead into your clothing and it blocks detection spells like a thin sheet of lead would. EDIT: Nope it was in Complete Scoundrel, but its only meant to hide the detection of magic items you conceal.

EDIT2: @chrono21791: If you do still have room I know for sure one of my friends will be able to play, the other one works a lot so I'm not sure. As far as character ideas I'm thinking about a Fighter/Sorcerer/Arcane Archer concept, and my one friend I've already talked to is thinking of a Druid/Summoner.

Aleucard
07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Deathrattle, what exactly is your character concept focused on? That seems very all over the place, to me.

EDIT: While I don't see anything wrong with that arcane archer concept, I DO have problems with the druid/summoner. Thing is, we already got someone on crowd control; me. Having too many people on one thing is going to make everything convoluted. If you can think of some way to do things without overlapping with my character, then I'm fine. Otherwise, things might get messy (not necessarily because of me).

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 06:18 PM
beholder87, sorry, there is no more room for players. I should update the thing so it says that...

So far we have Aleucard as a Rogue/Summoner for Control, DeathRattle as a Paladin/Oracle for Healing and Support, Zedek as a Monk/Rogue for Striking and Utility (assuming), as well as one player interested in being a Blaster and another who wanted to be a Healer/Supporter but Deathrattle already took on that mantle.

Aleucard, Deathrattles char is more focused than yours. Paladin for smiting, lay on hands, and healing burst later on, as well as their weapon proficiencies, and Oracle for good spellcasting of all the sexy support spells that are on the cleric list. Bonus to putting everything in Cha, so the paladin abilities will be very powerful. Good BAB and HP is just gravy.

beholder87
07-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Well if someone fails to show up consistently or has to drop out of the group let me know. I'd like to join the waiting list so to speak.

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 06:52 PM
For sure, you're at the top of the waiting list, then. On that note, I have too many characters, and I need to drop one. Any volunteers?

beholder87
07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Since you want to run games twice a week why not run two different groups, each once per week, in the same campaign setting in your world, but doing different tasks? Would solve both you having too many players and me wanting to play in the game at the same time =P

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 07:00 PM
oh god @.@ That would be way too much to keep track of. I'm already doing a campaign besides this one.

beholder87
07-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Darn, it was worth a shot. Well I'll PM you my email address, drop me an email when you have room in your group, yours seems to be the only online Pathfinder campaign using Maptool. That and you seem to know your stuff (I hate being a player knowing more about the rules than the DM). By the way is buttering you up working at all? *Eh eh, nudge nudge* =P

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
A little. :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Ok, so Player Seats are officially all filled. We have Aluecard as Sorc/Sum, Zedek as Monk/Rog, Deathrattle as Pal/Or, munchie as Barb/Fight? and Welgar as ?

So, Zedek is totally done, Aleucard is remaking their char, Deathrattle is ALMOST done, and no word on munchie or welgar as to the status of their character. I would like to set up a time to have a group chat so we can get everything organized and set up times for future sessions. everyone please put your avialiable times.

I am avialiable almost every night (late, around 8pm-2am, west coast time) but my schedule is kind of iffy until my next semester kicks in.

Death Rattle
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Im almost done? what's remaining?

chrono21791
07-29-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't think you resent me your sheet... or did you? Being a pally/or

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Oh, nevermind, you did. You're done.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Nevermind, you are not done. You have one more spell known that you didn't add. You have four, but one of them is cure light wounds, which you get automatically, so you really should know five.

Death Rattle
07-30-2010, 12:45 AM
K, sent and done

Aleucard
07-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Alright. I'm officially going to be playing a sorcerer/summoner with a primary focus on crowd control and a secondary focus on variable range damage. I'm not exactly the party's sniper, but I can definitely kill things better than most. I'll also be able to give anybody who needs them flank partners and other sorts of fire support. I'm also expecting to be the group's most mobile member, in more ways than one.

chrono21791
07-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Just be sure to get elemental body when you can. "Yeah, I can swim/burrow/fly when you need me to. Also, if you think there is anything at the bottom of that pit of lava..."

munchiemadness
07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Can we take flaws?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Im going to go LG Cleric/Something

chrono21791
07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
bwaaaaaaaah, three divine spellcasters! why do people like being LG so much?

It all depends on what flaws you want to take. I think I would allow those flaws that dont grant a feat, but rather 4 skill points, upon character creation.

Zedek
07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, Barring NE and CE, LG is one of the funnest alignments to play(except CN, which is just hilarious).

Aleucard
07-30-2010, 08:51 PM
You're forgetting CG. That's my alignment, but yeah. And munch, I still recommend cleric/alchemist for a healer. Cleric/oracle is a good pick too. What role are you filling?

chrono21791
07-31-2010, 12:18 AM
well, he was SUPPOSED to be the tank, but he changed his mind. Now he is Cleric/Bard, and we have THREE support classes, supposing Welgar goes down the same path he said he would, and the GM is very displeased :(

Aleucard
07-31-2010, 12:46 AM
..... We need someone on front-line duty. There's only so much that a wall of summons can do, and they don't do SHIT in antimagic fields. Again, paladin/fighter with a gray guard/anything else prestige class would fit the bill nicely.

EDIT: And how in all the Hells does cleric/bard work??? I can't think of any real role that would fill whatsoever.

Death Rattle
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Well I was going to be a front line guy...but then we needed a healer so I said i would do that....now everyone is doing that?

chrono21791
07-31-2010, 02:23 PM
pretty much.

shadovar
07-31-2010, 02:56 PM
I could be easily convenced to play a pally fighter :D

beholder87
07-31-2010, 03:51 PM
I see how the problems with a lack of tank-type could be solved with a couple extra players *wink wink*

I've just been following this thread and laughing my ass off XD

Welgar
07-31-2010, 06:50 PM
I can go tank spec easily, I'm already cleric/paladin I can be protective and tank no problem.

shadovar
08-01-2010, 01:45 AM
phhhf thanks welgar >.>

Aleucard
08-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Okay, this looks promising. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/armor-bonded That sounds like the perfect tank prestige class. Paladin/Fighter with Gray Guard/Armor-Bonded prestige class. Melee tank incarnate. Whose up for a test run of this concept?

EDIT: And just for the record, if someone DOES want to take this, I suggest the Flight, Crashdown, and Damage Reduction grafts. Dropping in from what may as well be low orbit and landing on a target, causing a localized earthquake as well as squishing anything too slow or stupid to get the *bleep* out of the way is certainly a good way to open up a fight. Reminds me of Section 8, honestly. ^_^;;

shadovar
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
omg that class is awsome lol

Aleucard
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Alright, one more time. Who all exactly is playing, and what class/race are you running (and what sort of role focus)? The count is one person (me) running a half-elf summoner/sorcerer with a primary focus on crowd control and a secondary focus on variable range damage. What about everyone else?

WolfmanRawr
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
If you guys ever feel the need to open up another spot, I would love to try me out a rog/fig for some frontline luvin, then prestige into master thrower and invisible blade.

Death Rattle
08-03-2010, 07:59 PM
At last I checked I am playing a Pally/Oracle, focusing on healing, but I haven't heard anything from chronos in a few days.

munchiemadness
08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I am a bard/cleric focused on group buffing/enchantment spells with Nobility/Madness domains.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Well group buffing/enchantment/backup heals/rping is a better analysis

Death Rattle
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Seriously, I haven't heard anything from chronos, no pm replies, no email responses, has anyone had any contact with chronos these past few days?

Aleucard
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Nada. Maybe he's doing something irl? People DO get extenuating circumstances on occasion. He's WAY too involved in this project to just scrap it before we even get it started.

Syllven
08-06-2010, 02:09 AM
is there still room in this and what day/time would the game be at?
I have a few ideas, Sum/Druid. Barb/Druid with the shifter prestige, Oracle/wizard, or Sum/Sorc

Aleucard
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
No, there is NOT room left. Read the whole topic first, dude. ~_^ Also, I'm already running crowd control, so practically anything involving summoning is going to have too much overlap. We need a dedicated damage dealer, though, but I think one of the people playing's probably going to be smart enough to switch to that.

chrono21791
08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
So, it seems my life is made of bullshit and rage.

My computer recently broke down, totally and completely. I mean, the point where nobody can ever fix it, ever, and I know this to be true because both me and my mother are techs (free tech support for life still cant fix it). Dead hardrive, bad RAM, and a broken capacitor means no computer for the chrono.

This has, naturally, hindered my ability to reply to online messages and the like. This will also hinder my ability to play an online Pathfinder game.

I by no means intend on giving up on this. I am willing to try and work around the major issue of not being able to go online if it is possible, but I don't see how (I am using my college's computer for this right now, but they don't let you download anything, such as openRPG or Maptools, and they limit my time online to 1 hour).

There is no other computer in my house I can use, and I could probably go to a friends house when I needed to use it, but that would be horribly circumstantial and I would STILL need to use it for hours and hours beforehand to make the maps and encounters.

So, as of now, this campaign is on hold. :/ I would really, really, REALLY like to do this, but I just don't see how it's possible as of right now. I will let you know the INSTANT I get another functioning computer, and if you guys are still willing, we can get this ball rolling again.

I am very sorry that I can't keep up my end of the deal T.T and I totally understand if you guys are mad at me, but again, I am still willing to do this if you guys are willing to put it on hold.

Aleucard
08-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Okay, that is one HELL of an extenuating circumstance. Just what happened to the computer? It doesn't sound like someone just set off a cup of thermite on top of it or something like that, but still, that's a pretty drastic thing to happen out of the blue. How long would it take you to get this ball rolling again?

Zedek
08-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Nope. Not angry.

chrono21791
08-08-2010, 03:29 PM
My computer was already old and unstable. The hardrive was ALREADY bad, but it worked the way it was anyway. I tried to install a rather complicated program, and it crashed. In my attempts to fix it, it crashed again, and again, and again... until finally, I had to re-image. That, however, didn't work. It couldn't re-image, because it was so ****ed up. I don't know why the RAM was bad, though, it should have been fine, but somehow that failed too.

Aleucard
08-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Why didn't you just get a new computer and switched your stuff over? They got newer laptops for around $500, and a baseline desktop's probably not much pricier.

Welgar
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Jeez man, I'm sorry to hear that, but the good thing is you're back!

munchiemadness
08-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Get online Welgar!

neurokshinobi
04-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I can has Zen Archer monk/Rogue?

My pathfinder game just shut down, and I was really liking the looks of it.

If there's still room, i'd love to play.

If the zen archer is no good, then i'll go monk/sorcerer-ascetic mage.

Very flexible.

Skype/aim me (neurokshinobi for both)