PDA

View Full Version : looking for some help running a campaign

frazierja
07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
hey there, im wanting to run a solo campaign (due to the fact there is no one else in my area that wants to play). ive never run a solo before and not really sure how to keep my pc alive, running encounters, etc. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Are you talking about you and another player or just you?

two people is kinda easy cause then you really have 2 players. But if it is just you I got nothing, sorry. Well, except to say that you can then run 4 characters, you know since it is just you, you can create whatever situations you like and see where they go.

SDJThorin
07-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Assuming that you mean you as the GM with a player.

I've run many such games, the only real difference is that you need to be careful about throwing too much at the PC at any one time -- you just need to remember to keep the challenge level appropriate to the PC.

Now, if both you and the player want to tackle larger and/or tougher things you can beef up the player's side with henchmen, NPC adventurers, etc. that join the PC for short periods of time. (Think rebel agents that need to accomplish the same or a linked goal)

I've always found it very easy to do this in Star Wars -- the setting is built to allow characters to come and go at a whim with very little work.

Hope that helps out some.

frazierja
07-18-2010, 06:52 PM
well, it was / is me and another person playing. and thanks for the help all. greatly appriciated:D