PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Evil Elves rule the world Game

russdm
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the world of Chaos! The gods have abandoed the world and monstrous creatures slay everything they can. Only villages exist and those lucky enough to survive, do.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D&D 3.5 Homebrew
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Homebrew
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4-6
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Here
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Starting at first level
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Max for Character Class
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Allowed: Barbarian. Cleric-with Modifications, Druid, Fighter-With Modifications, Ranger-With Modifications, Rogue-With Modifications, Sorceror (Only allowing 1 character with this class), Wizard (For Elven characters only) Restricted: Bard, Monk, Paladin, Everything else, ask specificially for other stuff.
Modifications)
Cleric: Clerics don't worship deities, but still pick two domains.
Fighter: Fighters add the following Feats to their bonus feat list)
All Homebrew feats are available to all classes.
Weapon Master-Preq: Weapon Focus(weapon) Get +2 attack/damage rolls
Hammertime-When using a weapon that would count as a hammer type weapon, you may do an extra times for critical damage for one critical hit, in exchange, the next criticial hit you do does not recieve its bonus.
Weapon Atunement-Preq:Weapon Master, When you make a critical hit, you may sacrifice one times damage done with critical hit, if you do so, you may add one of the following properties to your weapon until your next turn: XBane, Frost, Flaming, Shocking
One with weapon-Preq: Weapon Attunement When you use a times on critical hit to add a property to your weapon instead, you may add another property from the list.
Sneak Attack-You gain the sneak attack ability of rogues. At first level it will progress the same for a rogue of the same total level as yours. If taken at higher levels, say level 5 is where the feat starts counting your levels, so at level 8, three levels from 5, you would get +2d6 sneak attack damage, like a rogue who was level 3.
Ranger: Ranger gets sneak attack agaisnt favored enemy wth bonus die of damage equal to bonus for sneak attack attack, functions like rogue's sneak attack. +4 favored enemy counts as having two sneak attack damage bonus dice.
Rogue: All creatures are affected by Sneak attack.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Allowed: Humans, Halflings, Dwarves, Elves, Half-Orcs, Orcs. Restricted: Gnomes, Half-Elves, Everything else. Ask for something specific and the DM will let you know if it allowed.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 4d6 best 3, roll two sets, take best numbers from both
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? See Above
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Can multi-class some. Also see above
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Players will roll theirs, DM will roll his.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. See Above
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? If you want, write a paragraph. Its not important to me.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? A mix of combat, roleplaying, puzzle-solving
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Core, everything else must be approved

World details:
Named World of Chaos or Chaos
Game takes place in one of the villages. All villages are ruled by the Kor, who lives in the capital.
Chaos is basically like any core D&D world, weather/terrain wise.
Kor Slyven Thunderstorm rules the villages from his capital of Falling Leaf. He serves Gor Haila Swiftfeet.
Elves rule the world. Non-elves are slaves or second-class citizens. Elves are not standard elves; they are Evil.
There are no half-elves, as the elves kill all elves who consort with any non-elf. There are no gnomes, elves have killed them. Other races are enslaved or are treated as second class citizens with little or no rights.
Elves have outlawed music and barditic traditions as it encourages dissent and rebellion. Magic, through wizardry, is only available to elves, non-elves practicing magic are killed on sight. Sorcery occurs randomly, the Elves hunt down sorcerors and compel them to serve them. Elves have outlawed monastic traditions and paladin orders, as both are a source of dissent or rebellion to their rule.
The law of justice is as follows: Elves will recieve a trial, other races are simply killed if they are accused of a crime. The Elves do not investigate either.
So thats everything.

Basxs
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I would like to join your game. I would like to play as a sorcerer (if you havent already filled that spot) or a ranger, rogue, or cleric depending on what the party needs.

russdm
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
You are the first person to show up, so you can play a sorceror.

drathis
07-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Sure i'd join, what level and stuff, then ill make an awesome character

russdm
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Read the first post.

mars2024
07-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm interested in playing, but was wondering where the game was happening? In the header it says "n/a" and in the post it says "here". You're running it on a chat page, then?

I'd like to play a dwarf or half-orc. Probably fighter.

I did have some additional questions: Can you describe the village situation? Are there stereotypic race locations (i.e. dwarves and orcs live underground, etc.)?

Can you describe the history a bit more, as far as how the elves took over, how long ago that happened, if there is organized resistance, are there other kingdoms or city-states that are not controlled by the elves? Are there memories of the monastic/chivalric orders that characters could aspire to refound? Are there half-elves or gnomes that exist in hiding (like you describe sorcerer characters)?

The setting sounds cool. Let me know if you have room.

Thanks,

-j

Absidey
07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm interested if you still have room, but could you clarify the playtime? Are you wanting to play all five weekdays, or some combination of them? And what time/timezone? If I'm misunderstanding the chat play format (not message board), I apologize.

russdm
07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
The elves just took over. They have been in charge for 1500-2000 years. There is no official resistence, there are some isolated groups. There may be some who remember the different orders as legends some.

The village is controlled and run by the elves. Its a base for housing for the workers for a local mine.

Dwarves don't live underground. Not anymore. Orc don't live underground.

There are no groups of gnomes or half-elves in hiding. It is easier to hide one's sorcerory talents than to hide one's being a member of the gnome or half-elf race.

Playing in the Pen and paper games chat. Playing one of the days listed a week. I am using pacific time, being in the state of washington.

Windir
07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm interested in playing, let me know if you have room.
I'd like to play a human barbarian.
I'm living in Argentina, so coordinating playing time could be a problem.
Thanks

russdm
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Since no one has finished characters sheets i gots lots of room still.

Pieh
07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm interested, I will be rolling up a Dwarven Rogue.

russdm
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
okay.

meggamann41
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I am definitely interested. I am new to the online dnd world so just talk to me some and I will make a character for the game and download any needed programs. I used to play multiple times a week until i moved. I am very knowledgeable about the game. aim me at MegaMDude when you get a chance, or pm me on here (preferably aim though if you have it).

shadovar
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
my character is done elf archer CN

russdm
07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I have two players with finished char sheets, so i have 4 player slots available.

Also, I need times for people, as in when they can play so a time can be made up.

I can do monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday.

After 1pm to 10pm. Thats Pacific standard time, as I am in washington state.

When players get their characters done, can I get a backstory posted in here, as well as the char sheet or a link to it? If you don't do this, I am dropping you from your slot.

meggamann41
07-15-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=224536
You can call me Sam McGeer. Some people see me, most don't see much else. I have been surviving the past season off of the scraps of food that those bastards at the shop called trail rations and a running stream. My camp has been undetected thus far, slightly outside of the capitol of Falling Leaf. I have avoided becoming a slave by sticking to the woods, and taking out and of those ****ing elves that get in my path. It all started about a season ago when my friend and I made our escape from a slave camp several days walk from Falling Leaf. Unfortunately, he was stabbed in his face during the escape. I am waiting for my chance to get back at those foul creatures for the years of torture I endured... its all I ever knew. I will be available for recreational elf hunting or retrieving most bounties after 2 PM Pacific.

Basxs
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=211228

I've pretty much hated elves my whole life. My parents wanted nothing more then to live in peace, they tried to appease the elves in hopes that they would leave our family alone. When i first showed my magical aptitude, my parents were worried that I would be killed. They tried to force me to never use my cursed powers for any reason, but it was like putting a lid on a boiling kettle...sooner or later it will blow. When i was scared or angry it would just spontaneously happen, objects would move, flashing lights, etc. When the elves finally came to the house my parents sacrificed themselves to save me. I vowed then that i would avenge my parents death, though i am far too weak just yet.

I'm usually available after 4PM Pacific, Fridays are preferable for me.

shadovar
07-16-2010, 12:33 PM
sign me up for any days sides sunday and thursday

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I am the elf Nyrail I hail from the Taizair family line an time old and honored group of wizards that fully support the government but secretly help the minor races especially sorcerers hide or find some form of liberation they're interests are less about good then simply wanting to know everything they can about magic having found this way an easy way to study innate magic. I was recently released from a towns militia having received my 4 years of training and service i know seek to learn the ways of my family.

InsaneMuadib
07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Is there still room in this game?
Edit: I am rolling a Elf Rogue will have sheet up tonight.

Absidey
07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm in for a human cleric as long as there's still room. I'll get a char sheet up tonight or tomorrow. I can play any day except Thursday. I'm only available after 6:30pm and until 10 pst, though. Will that work?

InsaneMuadib
07-16-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=224807

Sheet includes character background information.

Friday works best for me preferably around 6pm Pacific.

Absidey
07-17-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=224891

Backstory

Joon fled her owner's tender care with her sister, Evee, leaving death behind. Evee died from wounds improperly tended about a week following their escape, as they tried to get as far away as possible. Consumed by grief, Joon devoted herself to Destruction to seek vengeance for her sister's abuse and death. Though Evee killed their master to make escape possible, Joon blames all elfkind and seeks their downfall. For now, she works on the edges, building her strength and waiting for her chance to do more.

shadovar
07-18-2010, 02:46 AM
wow its surprisings not a single person made an evil elf lol

russdm
07-19-2010, 04:11 PM
The new characters look good.

Absidey, you have a long spell list. Were you just putting all the spells of level 0 and 1 in your sheet to mark them individually if they are memorized?

Sounds like after 2pm works, after 6 to 10 works for some, fridays work. Time not yet picked out. Waiting for all the slots to fill.

Absidey
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Were you just putting all the spells of level 0 and 1 in your sheet to mark them individually if they are memorized?

Yes, I did. Didn't think about how much sense it made until I was done.

russdm
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
have 4 slots filled, need two more if desired.

looks like friday may be the day?

Need time listing as what would work from players.

I have monday to friday 2pm to 9:45pm

Basxs
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
like i said i dont get off work till 4 so i would miss the first two hours of the game. You sure we cant start later?

russdm
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Well starting at 4 could work...

So here is my correct available times)

Monday: 1:30pm (Earliest)/2pm to 5pm ( I have a weightwatchers meeting that starts at 6pm and other stuff afterward)

Tuesday: 1:30/2:00pm to 9:45pm

Wednesday: 1:30/2:00pm to 9:45pm

Thursday: 1:30/2pm to 9:45pm

Friday: 1:30pm/2pm to 9:45pm, with time changes to finish up friday cleaning, so maybe starting at 3 or 4 on friday.

Neither Saturday or Sunday is available for me. So far still, I have friday free, not playing/running real life game then (offline is what i mean)

InsaneMuadib
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I can only do after 4pm and have classes on some days after 4pm so here are the days that work for me (out of russ' list) right now....
Wednesday: 4pm-9:45
Friday: 4pm-9:45

russdm
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
I guess we play friday at 4pm.

shadovar
07-26-2010, 05:02 PM
sounds fun

russdm
07-31-2010, 12:58 PM
So, the game didnt happen yesterday.

So the game will not be happening next week but the week after. On Friday, i will be going to a mariner's game so i won't be doing it.

So till the friday next week, after this week's friday....

Absidey
08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Looks like I'm out. Sorry, but I can't get my daughter to bed before 8 central.

shadovar
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
that sucks absidey you will be mssed

russdm
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
So this game has not been happening. The DM has lost interest in running it.

shadovar
08-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Figures v.v ~curls into a ball and crys~