PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars D6

pwcroft
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
A new Star Wars D6 campaign is beginning Friday, July 23rd. You're more than welcome to join after the fact -- as long as not all the slots have been filled.

The campaign begins 8 years prior to the Battle of Yavin. The Rebel Alliance has not yet completely coalesced into a unified organization, and the Imperial Senate still stands. Player characters will start out in the Outer Rim region of the galaxy.

Absolutely no evil characters. Players are welcome to play scoundrels, but they must have a modicum of goodness within them. Experience has demonstrated that people playing completely evil (or morally ambiguous) characters generally detract from everyone's fun.

Just leave me a private message if you're interested.

Best regards,

Phil

Mifune
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm not that familiar with Star Wars D6. How is the system? Skill based, class bass, level base? What races and classes. Can I be a Force Adept (don't really know if I want to play one or not yet)? Pretty much tell me anything you can about the system and the game setting.

pwcroft
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not that familiar with Star Wars D6. How is the system? Skill based, class bass, level base? What races and classes. Can I be a Force Adept (don't really know if I want to play one or not yet)? Pretty much tell me anything you can about the system and the game setting.

It's a skill-based system. The species available are pretty broad, with most of the familiar ones as seen in the movies. Wookie, Twi'lek, Sullustan, etc -- and several expansion books worth of others. The system would easily allow playing a Force Adept, but as a GM I'm limiting Force-using player characters to beginning Jedi.

The system is fluid and simple. And the setting is... Star Wars. :) I'm not sure what more I could possibly say on the subject without more specific questions.

Best,

Phil

Mifune
07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Ooo...skill based. Where are you going to hold the games anyways? I would recommend a place, but the place holds Friday Night Magic so its probably not very viable. I think they also run Monsterpocalypse in the afternoon.

pwcroft
07-15-2010, 02:52 AM
I'm running it out of my home, which is about 3 miles southeast of UW Tacoma campus.

Mifune
07-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Can you be a little more specific. It says the game is going to be in the 98404 area code (which is the same as mine), so if that's correct it should be within walking distance for me.

EDIT: Oh, a friend of mine has the second edition book and I looked through it a bit. The system seems interesting. If I play, could I choose to build my own template?

Mifune
07-25-2010, 02:55 AM
So apparently WEG made their D6 System completely free to use. A friend of mine, the same one who has the Star Wars 2E, went to Drive Thru RPG and found D6 Adventure, Fantasy, and Space as free PDFs. There is also free PDFs for D6 Adventure Locations, Fantasy Creatures, and Space Ships as well.

thedemonapostle
08-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I am interested in your game and new to these forums. if you need any resources, a few of us have collected the star wars D6 information together and compiled it online at: http://d6holocron.wikia.com/wiki/D6_Holocron_Wiki

Shaidar Haran
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Any space available for another player, I played WEG d6 Star Wars back in 1996 & I'd love to play again.

Mifune
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Eh? You should really look at the date of the last post. This guy kind didn't reply to anything anyone said.

Shaidar Haran
05-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Why don't they clean out olld threads?