PDA

View Full Version : Featuring Indie games in Big Iron Vault

bigironvault
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi all, I'm considering a section in BIV to feature new and indie games from the community. This would include interviews and samples w/ marketing opportunities for my fellow indie publishers.

Thoughts? - is this something you want to see? How can BIV do this best?

cliff
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I definitely think this is a great idea, Keith... indie publishers need to stick together. There's no shortage of really innovative titles out there that are really stretching the way we play.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Thoth gives an undead http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif on this idea.

bigironvault
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Good good ... sometimes people get really worked up over this sort of thing (I have no idea why). I think we definitely need to stick together!

I guess I'll start my exploration of worthy indie stuff to add -- if anyone has any ideas let me know!

cliff
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see some coverage of a completely narrative ruleset... "Shotgun Diaries" springs to mind as something that may be fun, but it's not quite new... it's about 8 months old. It's a narrative zombie apocalypse game from John Wick... good stuff. Could also be interesting to explore some of the concepts of the fully narrative rulesets, as they're certainly very divergent from what we're used to in the games we play.

bigironvault
07-12-2010, 04:24 PM
John Wick got it! We'll see if he wants to talk to me.

I was also thinking of people on these forums as well since there's a ton of people here that seem to have their own little pet projects!

cliff
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah, definitely... there should be quite a few folks around here that'd be a good choice for it.