PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your dark side character?

canadiansatan
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm starting a game where it is very likely that one or more characters will fall to the dark side. I'm thinking of letting characters continue to play their character after the fall, but they would have to properly role play a dark side character.

Anyone have experience dealing with this kind of situation? This will be my first game where someone will fall to the dark side.

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Dark side games are good for one shot stories not long campaigns. Just wanted to say that so you know the perspective I am coming from.

If a character fell in my game I would only allow them to continue playing that character IF they gave me a really really great monologue about how they plan to eventually redeem themselves. AND it would hinge upon how I could spin that redemption into the current campaign. Otherwise, no dice!

Fall to the dark side and you are miiiinnnneeeee!

canadiansatan
07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
My guess is most of them would only last one game anyways. By the end of one session most would either get killed by the rest of the party, take over the ship and ditch the party, or abandon the group in some other way.