PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew DnD 4.0 Campaign (West St. Louis County, MO)

gsmaster
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
This is my first post here. I'm in a small gaming group in West St. Louis County, MO. We're a couple of guys mostly in our 30's that have been playing DnD for a long time. We're currently in the 4.0 incarnation of the game after exploiting every loophole in 3.5.

Each of us takes turn DMing, and the current Forgotten Realms campaign is about to go on hiatus as we resume a generic homebrew campaign at about 7th level. The PCs progressed from 1st to 7th level last year while discovering unique powers and prophecies about their future along the way. The first two 4.0 adventures set in Punjar were used as starting points, with many modifications and side adventures thrown in. The adventure is about to resume with the PCs waking in the morning to an apparent undead uprising in Punjar.

Play style includes a fair amount of combat but with many opportunities for roleplaying mixed in. Encounters are designed to be very challenging - we typically run +1 - +3 encounter levels above the group level, and tactical thinking is a must.

We are looking for 1-2 more players to round out the group and replace someone who has left the group. Fair warning - each of us has DM'd a lot. Casual groups would call us power gamers and rules lawyers. Power gaming is required to handle to challenges set in each game. Any interpretation of the rules is decided after a fair discussion. Setting a ruling in one campaign sets the precedent for all other campaigns as well, so we all have to live with the ruling in each campaign.

We play Friday nights in West County. Weekday nights are typically off-limits due to work and night school constraints. Saturday nights are also an option, depending on everyone's schedule that week. Daytime gaming on the weekends is not an option due to family commitments.

If you're interested in joining, reply here or drop me an email.

Kazinsky
07-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm interested, gsmaster. I run a Thu night game and have been playing D&D in one of it's incarnations since the late '80s. Since I made the jump to 4e, it's my system of choice due to primarily what you guys seem to enjoy -- the tactical options of combat (along with the relative balance between the classes and within the system).

When do you plan to start things up? I will know for certain my availability for Friday nights in a week, depending on how work goes. I can roll something up and show to see if I'm a good fit with the group. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Kaz.

Shadowfax3601
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I am also in the same group that Kaz is in on Thursday nights.. I am also interested, but may have issues.. It will all depend on whether my bowling group gets back together this year or not. No one ahs contacted me yet, so I dont know if they will or not. If they do, I wil be bowling on Friday nights, starting in late August.

I have played 4.0E for the past year or 18 months. I Dm'd 1st and 2nd Edition for 15 years,a nd started into 3rd edition when the group moved apart. (Being in the military that happens) Then I never found a new group until just recently. So I completely skipped 3.5E, and barely touched 3.0... So 4.0 was completely foreign to me, but I have grown to liking it now. I havent GM'd anything 4.0 and with work, college, Extra-curricular activites I am already obligated to, not sure if I could find the time to put things together every week. But I am not completely against the idea either.

Like Kaz asked.. When do you plan on beginning the new session? And if you have other people reply'ing that are interested that are firm for fridays, then they may be a better option for now.. I would be available until late August.. but after that its iffy right now.

gsmaster
07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I just got back in from an overseas trip, so sorry for not replying a little sooner. We are probably not starting up the next campaign until end of July. I have an all day PMBA class Friday and Saturday this week, and we have one more session yet to wrap up for the end of the ongoing Forgotten Realms campaign.

Let me talk with the other group members to figure out a time to get together and meet everyone ahead of an actual session. Stay tuned...

gsmaster

Halimoth
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I know this is an old post, but wondering if your group is still gaming?

algorand
06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
@Halimoth

I am one of the players in that group, which is currently a full group. However...

Our DM who wrote that message may be leaving the group (for another country) in a few months. If/when that happens, the remaining players are moving to a new campaign and will likely have an open slot. The gaming location will move to Chesterfield, but the campaign style will remain largely unchanged.

In the mean time, if you're interested in a wholly new 4e campaign, I am launching one on a weeknight in Maryland Heights. I have a post up here in P&P and (if you haven't already), you can ask me about the details on that post.