PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Host In West Los Angeles On Sundays

HelloChristian
07-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone,

My game group has suffered some attrition due to work and family obligations, leaving us with two regular players and an occasional third. I'd like to add new players in the hopes of resuming regular play.

I'd like to meet at my apartment in West L.A. From noon to four each Sunday. There is comfortable seating (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=523970#) for as many as six. I like to play in a relaxed, friendly environment. The only house rules are no lap-tops (they take up precious space at the table and are often distracting) and no smoking or drinking alcohol.

I would like to begin on Sunday, July 11 or the 18th if we can gather enough players. (If it takes a bit longer to get started, that's okay, too.) But what to play?

If Sundays from noon to four work with your schedule, please respond via e-mail or in this thread with the kinds of systems you'd be willing to play and/or run. Hopefully we can gather four to six players willing to agree on game that could be fun for all.

I can run Labyrinth Lord, Swords and Wizardry, World of Darkness and its various lines, Star Frontiers and GURPS 4th ed. I can play the systems above, as well as D&D 3.5, D&D 4e, Monsters and Other Childish Things, Sorcerer and various d20 system games.

I look forward to meeting you,
Christian

ronin1274
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Do you ever run ShadowRun 4 or RIFTs?

Let me know I'm definitely interested in getting in a group...

HelloChristian
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey Ronin,

We tried SR4e, but we didn't take to it very well. We struggled with the lack of cross-referencing, a poor index and a few other issues. It's a great game, of course, but one that we didn't jive with. I played RIFTS a long time ago and have had some interest in Nightbane.

I'll keep you posted on our progress. So far there are three people willing to play anything, a fourth interested in D&D 3.5 and a fifth interested in old school style D&D. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

What games are you willing to play?

Peace,
Christian

inkblue
07-06-2010, 06:08 PM
If that 3.5 group is happening, I would love to join in and find if I'd be a good fit. I have years of gaming experience and like a game with a good role-playing/combat balance. Let me know if 3.5 looks like the way to go.
:cool:

HelloChristian
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Hiya Inkblue,

3.5 seems to be winning going away. I think that it would be easy at this point to build a group of 5 to 6 players easily. In LA it seems that you need a pool of 5 to 6 to ensure that you have at least 3 players on Nerd Sunday. Monte Cook's Ptolus has been sitting on my shelf for years and it might be time to pull that bad boy down and get to it.

I'll post here again either today or tomorrow.

Peace,
Christian

ronin1274
07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Christian let me know I'm interested in playing some 3.5 and/or Pathfinder as well...

HelloChristian
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone,

There’s a great deal of interest in D&D 3.5, so 3.5 it shall be! We will be adventuring through The World of Greyhawk, which was originally written by Gary Gygax. We will be using the Erik Mona revision, which is set after the ruinous Greyhawk Wars.

We will have out first session Sunday, July 18 at noon and will play until four. We will meet each Sunday thereafter. I hope to have a pool of four to six players to ensure an minimum of three players on Nerd Sunday.

If you are interested in joining, please e-mail me at jhaevin at geemail dot com or send a PM. I would like to handle character creation via e-mail. That way, we can met and start gaming on our first session. We will be using a point buy system for ability scores that’s found on page 169 of the DMG. You get 28 points to buy your ability scores. According to the DMG, the cost for each ability score is as follow:

9 – 1
10 – 2
11 – 3
12 – 4
13 – 5
14 – 6
15 – 8
16 – 10
17 – 13
18 – 16

For example, I could spend my points and have ability scores of 10, 10, 10, 12, 15, 16.

If you have a PHB, please bring it to play. 3.5 was designed to place the DM and PCs on an even footing rules-wise. As a result, if your character wants to Grapple, launch a Bull Rush or Tumble, please have those rules ready to go. In the past I have run sessions where the PHB never left my hands because the players weren’t helping out the poor, beleaguered DM by looking up the rules that govern their characters’ actions.

Let me know what you want to play and fill me in regarding your feats, ability scores, etc. We’ll be using the three core rulebooks, but may add on as we go.

I think we’ll have a great campaign. I’ve wanted to run a long term Greyhawk campaign for some time and hopefully we can pull it off!

Peace,
Christian
http://unknwnzine.blogspot.com

wannaflywindy
03-02-2011, 02:39 AM
are there still spaces for more players?

parcelbombsmurf
03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah. Any spaces?